The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

That Rumble retirement speech after the fight was hard to listen.

Don't know why dude would ask all his fans to stay home and/or not watch....

Whatever.

Simple. Rumble didn't want to win that fight. The way he fought that night. Dude was on the ground waiting to be submitted SMH

Rumble could've finish DC after that kick on the nose if he was really into it.

if khabib so choosey and stale as a challenger leads me to believe he wouldn't be an ideal champion

hes not really exciting to watch, he dominates guys but its pretty dry. I like wrestlers and all, but I prefer to see doods bang it out.

kevin lee said something pretty interesting about khabib the other day, and it does seem like he's "trying to hold onto that 0 on his record" as long as he can

I mean 2 fights in 3.5 years, thats pretty laughable

if khabib so choosey and stale as a challenger leads me to believe he wouldn't be an ideal champion

hes not really exciting to watch, he dominates guys but its pretty dry. I like wrestlers and all, but I prefer to see doods bang it out.

kevin lee said something pretty interesting about khabib the other day, and it does seem like he's "trying to hold onto that 0 on his record" as long as he can

I mean 2 fights in 3.5 years, thats pretty laughable
Yea after pulling out of a few fights I don't want to see him as champ since he'd probably try to only fight once ever year/year and a half lol. But seriously with his excuses, lame trash talk and lack of activeness he'd make a terrible belt holder. He seems to think the UFC owes him the shot despite him being inactive and not having beaten many quality fighters (Kevin Lee doesn't deserve the shot based on his previous fights but he's entertaining and at least has proven that he'll be an active fighter more than likely if he does beat Tony).

Nice run of fights closing out the year. Don’t know if mentioned but Gathje/Alvarez confirmed for 218 as well.

^^
Let's see which ones stay intact.

Brendan Schaub made an interesting point about Bisping v GSP- NYC has been a mess and we can't expect them to actually fight until they're about to walk out. They pulled Rashad the week of the fight due to NYSAC findings. Both GSP and Bisping have eye issues :smh:

Kevin Lee less than 24 hours before weigh in:

“I feel like a million bucks, still full of a lot of energy. I’ve got a big weight cut ahead of me, so that’s where the focus is right now,” Lee said Thursday at open workouts.

“Right now I’m about ’74, something like that. I have a decent little cut. It ain’t going to be nothing different. I’ve cut from a lot higher than that.”

Looks like reports say Lee missed by one pound and has an hour to make weight. Could we be looking at a Holloway-Pettis situation if he still misses?

Back
Top Bottom