The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

One thing I will say is Luke was talking about moving to 205 and after 2 KOs recently at 185, I'm not sure that's the best idea.

Reactions: OTG
I'd characterize it more as smart which definitely hurts the entertainment value

Rockhold has always fought laid back and he's always admitted it. He waits to counter

Even if he did fight scared tonight, in his entire career I wouldn't say he's fought scared. So to say he isn't a cage fighter is a little odd

One thing I will say is Luke was talking about moving to 205 and after 2 KOs recently at 185, I'm not sure that's the best idea.
We've seen guys who've been KO'd multiple times move up and have instant success

Of course, not saying Luke will have instant success at 205 but it's not out of the question

Something about not cutting as much weight can really revitalize these guys. More energy perhaps better reflexes

yea i dont agree with Woodley being scared at all. he fights not to lose sure but Luke was shook. when he scampered away from one of Romeros kicks i was like brehh

We've seen guys who've been KO'd multiple times move up and have instant success

Of course, not saying Luke will have instant success at 205 but it's not out of the question

Something about not cutting as much weight can really revitalize these guys. More energy perhaps better reflexes
Whittaker got KO'd by Wonderboy at WW. Whittaker was probably too green, but cutting too much weight might have something to do with it.

Bendo was a champ at 155 and that win against Masvidal was 50/50.

Cowboy has lost 3 straight at 170. One against the aforementioned Masvidal.

None of these guys blew the doors off at a higher weight.

Luke is a great fighter. But KO's against Bisping and Romero make me skeptical about a move to 205.

But time will reveal.

EDIT: RDA is a good one.

I think Luke would do okay if he avoids fighters who are explosive, even at a higher weight. Granted Bisping isn't exactly explosive, but generally that seems to be his kryptonite.

When I look at Cormier and his ability to absorb shots from guys like Gus, Rumble, Volkov etc., I just wonder how Luke would hold up. And Cormier came down from HW.

Do I think he'd compete at 205 against guys like Glover or OSP, sure. I'm just not sure he'll be a championship caliber fighter there.

I'm down to see the fights though. Luke/Gus would be a good one.

Bendo was a champ at 155 and that win against Masvidal was 50/50.

Cowboy has lost 3 straight at 170. One against the aforementioned Masvidal.

None of these guys blew the doors off at a higher weight.

Luke is a great fighter. But KO's against Bisping and Romero make me skeptical about a move to 205.

But time will reveal.

EDIT: RDA is a good one.
Cowboy did win his first 4 fights at WW, granted it was against not the top ranked guys lol

When I look at Cormier and his ability to absorb shots from guys like Gus, Rumble, Volkov etc., I just wonder how Luke would hold up. And Cormier came down from HW.

Do I think he'd compete at 205 against guys like Glover or OSP, sure. I'm just not sure he'll be a championship caliber fighter there.

I'm down to see the fights though. Luke/Gus would be a good one.
I honestly think outside of Gus there's nobody that I'd flatout say he'd beat Luke

just hear rockhold got stopped. dude should just be a model and not jeopardize that cute face

DVu0wSNWkAAft_o.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom