The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

How does betting work with fights like this. I heard people saying McGregor -155. What does that mean. Total points or hits or whatever?

How does betting work with fights like this. I heard people saying McGregor -155. What does that mean. Total points or hits or whatever?
That is the moneyline, it was probably McGregor +155. That means you put down 100 to win 155, since he was the underdog. Khabib was around -180 . You had to lay 180 to win 100 because he was the favorite. These bets are just for the outright winner. There are other more specific prop bets like inside the distance, submission, over/under rounds, etc.

Last edited:
Despite his TKO, at least it looks like Pettis has his swagger back. Excited to see him recover and return to the octagon.

conor had zero chance of winning that fight he lost by a huge margin even if he rematches he got rocked standing up and he got dominated on the ground. khabib had a game plan executed it perfectly and styled on him while at it.

Conor was already hella shook before the fight even started, watching over it again dude was doing everything he could to avoid eye contact :smh::lol:

Chad:
IMG_0148.png

Aldo:
IMG_0146.png

Nate 1:
IMG_0145.png

Nate 2:
IMG_0144.png

Eddie:
IMG_0143.png

Khabib:
shook.jpg
YOOO I thought this while watching the intro... connor coming in first was weird then the whole time hes usually doing that chomping at the bit stare down astuff he was staring into the crowd. In his defense he did come straight forward but you could see on his face after Khabib countered Connor trying to take his back off the ankle pick he knew it was foregone conclusion

He can go either LHW or HW which is perfect since he is coming in just as DC is on his way out and Jon Jones is a wildcard. The division could be his for the taking.

I wouldn’t get too crazy :lol:

It’s way more likely that he will be an average MMA fighter at best.

There’s tons of world class submission grapplers who have had poor-mediocre MMA careers.

Maia and Jacare are rare exceptions and even they never became UFC champs.

Mics picked up Conor telling Khabib it’s just business at the end of the 3rd. Khabib responsed, guess so!

Wish they had clear audio of what khabib was telling Conor in round 2

YOOO I thought this while watching the intro... connor coming in first was weird then the whole time hes usually doing that chomping at the bit stare down astuff he was staring into the crowd. In his defense he did come straight forward but you could see on his face after Khabib countered Connor trying to take his back off the ankle pick he knew it was foregone conclusion

Khabib’s entrance was beautiful

I wouldn’t get too crazy :lol:

It’s way more likely that he will be an average MMA fighter at best.

There’s tons of world class submission grapplers who have had poor-mediocre MMA careers.

Maia and Jacare are rare exceptions and even they never became UFC champs.
It depends on if he takes it seriously, there was a period where people still thought you could walk from a BJJ gym into an MMA fight and have success.

But now its clear you need a complete game and you see guys like Tonon and Lavato Jr really working on their standup and finding more success than other world class submission grapplers.

Gordon Ryan is only 23, he has plenty of room to develop the rest of his game and his ground game is already head and shoulders above any other mma fighter.

It was strange seeing him in there not talking while Khabib was slapping him and taunting him. The only time he showed some emotion was when he was laughing/smiling at the end of the 3rd round but that was more like an awkward smile you do when everyone in the room is roasting you and you don't know how to act.

rogan done lost it a long time ago. he comes off like he is a unbiased analyst but clearly stays a corporate shill
it might be time to just have guys like DC and cruz permanently replace him

Cant get that personal and then say "Its Business"

Yeah, all that talking and insults and ignorant talk might be promotion for the irish fella but a lot of people don’t tolerate that BS. You trash someone’s family and culture, doesn’t matter why you say it. Some nt’er a few months back was saying colby’s racism is no big deal because he’s playing a character and trolling people.

Yeah, all that talking and insults and ignorant talk might be promotion for the irish fella but a lot of people don’t tolerate that BS. You trash someone’s family and culture, doesn’t matter why you say it. Some nt’er a few months back was saying colby’s racism is no big deal because he’s playing a character and trolling people.
Colby’s long been crossing the line. If he was champ and making those comments it’d be sad for him to get that platform. Worse imo than Conor because Colby consistently uses language that divides America

As whacked out or offensive as one might view Conor’s talk, there’s a clear distinction

Conor basically uses the same insults and language as Colby just without associating it to Trump.

Only difference is that Conor is more natural where as Colby comes off as forced.

Conor basically uses the same insults and language as Colby just without associating it to Trump.

Only difference is that Conor is more natural where as Colby comes off as forced.
Conor never said anything about slapping the nfl players for kneeling or saying nfl athletes are fed with silver spoons

I see what you are saying, in terms of fight promotion they do the same stuff. But if you include his political statements outside of fighting I def agree that that type of divisive language is much worse.

It may be just promotion, but Khabib wasn’t on board with it going that far. Understandably so. If Conor popped off without the family and religion stuff, perhaps Khabib doesn’t take it personal and there’s no bad blood.

I’ve seen fights, both boxing and mma where both fighters said some pretty foul and disrespectful stuff to the other, only to dap it up and hug it out after the fight. Hell, Conor and Floyd were probably laughing it up after those press conferences last year. I just chalk that up as both fighters having had some type of mutual agreement that all the stuff they said to each other prior to the fight was all for promotion and not personal.

McGregor saying some of the outlandish stuff he said helped sell the fight, and will ultimately plant the seeds for the cash cow rematch which shouldn’t even happen given how one sided the first fight was. But controversy sells.

Back
Top Bottom