The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Colby is way over the top but Im pretty sure he is mentally handicapped so we have to take that into account...

Colby is a good example of why the interim belt is pointless nonsense. Regardless of all the stuff he says and does, not allowing him the first shot at the title after winning the fake belt proved that it's all just a promotional scam.

Having Tony, Conor and Khabib walking around this past week all holding 155 belts was ridiculous.

Lol. If there's a demographic that are the definition of not being fed with silver spoons, it's black athletes. If Colby got hit by a truck today I'd laugh. He's a piece of ****. It's not even entertaining.

When Conor talks **** it's at least entertaining and he has his genuine moments where you can sort of tell he's a good dude and his humbleness comes through.

Conor def crosses lines when it comes to
his opponents and he did cross some racial lines with the Floyd promotion, I just think there’s a clear line between he and Colby

What Conor said in the Floyd fight was offensive but Imo not necessarily divisive. I’m also glad people called him out on those particular black remarks he made

Well I think there are two ways to look at it.

One one hand you can say that Colby's rhetoric is much more divisive, which is true seeing as he parrots a bunch of political statements with a goal to upset people.

Where as Conor says stuff that is also highly offensive but his goal is always to only upset one person, his opponent.

So in isolation, Colby is def worse. But because Colby is not very likable (or smart) regardless of what he says and Conor has great charisma, IMO Conor has influenced way more people and caused them to think its okay to be tools than Colby ever will.

Well I think there are two ways to look at it.

One one hand you can say that Colby's rhetoric is much more divisive, which is true seeing as he parrots a bunch of political statements with a goal to upset people.

Where as Conor says stuff that is also highly offensive but his goal is always to only upset one person, his opponent.

So in isolation, Colby is def worse. But because Colby is not very likable (or smart) regardless of what he says and Conor has great charisma, IMO Conor has influenced way more people and caused them to think its okay to be tools than Colby ever will.
I agree with this all and even on your last point about Conor’s influence, I just can’t blame conor for Colby making highly inflammatory racial statements about our own country

Joe been praising Khabib. He's even doing it now on his podcast with John Dudley.
Anyway he said that John Kavanagh is next on the podcast. Should be interesting.

Oh, sorry I might have not worded my last point properly.

What I meant was that Conor will influence a lot of people to think it’s okay to behave like jack asses. Colby will influence far fewer amounts of people because he is not as naturally likeable or smart as Conor. Not that Conor or anyone other than Colby himself should be blamed for his own actions.

It depends on if he takes it seriously, there was a period where people still thought you could walk from a BJJ gym into an MMA fight and have success.

But now its clear you need a complete game and you see guys like Tonon and Lavato Jr really working on their standup and finding more success than other world class submission grapplers.

Gordon Ryan is only 23, he has plenty of room to develop the rest of his game and his ground game is already head and shoulders above any other mma fighter.

He’s got time on his side but the sooner he makes the jump the better.

Clearly he’s a genius grappler but a lot will depend on how well he takes to striking.

Oh, sorry I might have not worded my last point properly.

What I meant was that Conor will influence a lot of people to think it’s okay to behave like jack asses. Colby will influence far fewer amounts of people because he is not as naturally likeable or smart as Conor. Not that Conor or anyone other than Colby himself should be blamed for his own actions.
Oh yeah I agree with this for sure. It’s more so what those new jack asses will say that I can’t blame conor for, in terms of how far racially or whichever direction they’ll take it

What was his tone and what’d he say
It's live now. Kavanagh talked for like 3 minutes and Joe has been talking to his weight cutting coach for the rest. :smh:

Kavanagh talked about the strat. In the beginning of each round, do some damage and if it goes to ground just defend/hold guard as to not use energy. Pretty much do this every round. I guess it's easier to defend Khabibs take downs later in the fight so the idea was to slow him down over time.

It's live now. Kavanagh talked for like 3 minutes and Joe has been talking to his weight cutting coach for the rest. :smh:

Kavanagh talked about the strat. In the beginning of each round, do some damage and if it goes to ground just defend/hold guard as to not use energy. Pretty much do this every round. I guess it's easier to defend Khabibs take downs later in the fight so the idea was to slow him down over time.

Pretty much... George "100% bro" Lockhart is also on the pod

Said defense wasnt as bad as it looked but offense needed to jump up a notch... Said Danis is grounded in a joking way with Joe... Doesnt love the idea of an immediate rematch and would like another fight but Conor ONLY wants the rematch

Last edited:
conor would get mauled again in a rematch. man is delusional after the beating. like cmon the fight wasn't EVEN CLOSE, khabib didn't lose one round..

the fight to make is khabib vs tony.

Pretty much... George "100% bro" Lockhart is also on the pod

Said defense wasnt as bad as it looked but offense needed to jump up a notch... Said Danis is grounded in a joking way with Joe... Doesnt love the idea of an immediate rematch and would like another fight but Conor ONLY wants the rematch
Defense was good, still not good enough and that defensive effort sapped his energy for offense

Still need better defensive range and perhaps footwork

It’s interesting to hear coach and fighter disagree on the rematch

Back
Top Bottom