The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

unfortunately them diaz boys ain't interested in fighting anymore :lol:

Ehhh I would be shocked if Nick took that fight, in his mind he probably thinks he deserves the GSP rematch or a shot at TWood. I'm a fan of his but it's now been about 7 years since his last win and he doesn't have the negotiating power to be picking and choosing his opponents at this point.

OMJeezus. Gamebred vs Nick would be fuegoooo

but yea if he doesnt accept i dont wanna hear his name in the mix anymore. he doesnt deserve a #1 contender or title shot... at all hah

I'd have said the comp in Bellator wasn't on the same level as UFC. But Lima (after he fought Rory) and Koreshkov (after he destroyed Bendo) seem like they could compete in the UFC. The question is should Askren be put in deep waters or be given a tune-up/jobber? Eddie Alvarez was given Cowboy. He ended up thriving in the UFC. But it took him a little to adjust to the high-level comp and get his legs under him.

So what's everyone excited about?

JBJ/Gustafson 2? Lewis/Cormier? Lee/LaQuinta 2? Valerie/JJJ?

I might be in the minority, but i'm really interested in Lee/Raging Al Part 2. Lee is still super young, and he seems to get better every fight. he took the L against Al the first time, but he was just starting out in the UFC. i think he matches well against Khabib. and i like Al too. he is underrated with his striking and wrestling. 2 young hungry dudes who will throw down.

I don't mind Lee's pursuit of Khabib's sloppy seconds. Al will be a big test. Khabib dominated Al but he wasn't mauling him like previous opponents. Feel like with preparation, Al might have posed a better matchup.

Kevin Lee has nothing to gain fighting Raging Al

Put him in there with Poirier or Gathje

Kevin Lee has nothing to gain fighting Raging Al

Who else was he supposed to fight?
Conor & Khabib were matched up
Tony & Showtime were matched up
Gaethje & Vick were matched up
Dustin & Nate were matched up

In the top 10 that only left 3 fighters, all of which would be rematches, Barboza, Chisea & Raging Al. The only one he lost to was Raging Al

If he wins convincingly I can see him making a strong case for a fight with Diamond

Still hurt over DP vs Diaz being canned. That was by far my most anticipated fight for the rest of the year

Same with Weidman vs Rockhold 2

Was looking forward to the Frankie and KZ fight. Well hopefully Yair is able to make it a good scrap though.

Saw MJ came in a pound over the limit but Artem says he'll pay him the 20% of his purse back though. Stand up move considering mi took fight on short notice.

knew as soon as it went to the ground it was a wrap for volkan... he's quite rudimentary on the mat. good win by smith but he's gotta work on that gastank.

Back
Top Bottom