The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Photos? Jorge did sneak him bare hands. Leon did well to deflect the last two
Laura Sanko reported that Leon had to be treated for a cut. It's unfortunate. Jorge should be in the presser right now talking more **** and building clout

Now he could possibly be out of all his money. I'm hopeful the powers that be let it blow over and then this incident increases his stock with the masses

Did they even have beef before the event? Where did all that even come from, a staredown across the room?

But I wouldn't mind Masvidal vs. Robbie or Woodley then. Preferably Robbie vs Masvidal though, Woodley is too sporadic with his offense, Robbie vs. Masvidal will be good from jump.

I'm all the way cool on Leon vs Jorge. But after this incident that might end up being the fight they go for.

leon was talking all that noise across the room and jorge was not having any of that ****
don't know if they had history, but jorge was on live tv doing an interview. guess leon wasn't ready for it :lol:

Jorge has said that he'd fight Woodley and Robbie no problem. I think Leon Edwards and Ponzibbio should be ahead in line but nobody cares about them so anything's possible

I would have said make Jorge vs Askren, but now they could make Jorge vs Edwards :lol:

I wouldn't mind Jorge vs Ponzibbio either though

It would be unfortunate. Hopefully since it happened in England and not in the states it can just blow over

They just said he got fight of the night and knockout bonuses and they'll decide on the punishment if any later.

After Edwards' win over Cowboy:

“I was going on the rankings, and everyone else was matched up,” Edwards said. “Masvidal, he’s been around the game a long time, so why not go out there and take him out? To bring the UFC back to Birmingham and headline the bill with my teammate Tom Breese and my brother Fabian would be amazing.”

“I wasn’t talking (expletive),” Edwards said. “I was just saying he was an older guy. He took it personally and said he was going to be angry. It is what it is.”

Did they even have beef before the event? Where did all that even come from, a staredown across the room?

But I wouldn't mind Masvidal vs. Robbie or Woodley then. Preferably Robbie vs Masvidal though, Woodley is too sporadic with his offense, Robbie vs. Masvidal will be good from jump.

I'm all the way cool on Leon vs Jorge. But after this incident that might end up being the fight they go for.

I believe Edwards called him out a while back and they were jawing at the pre fight presser.

Not what I would call beef but Jorge lives by a different code and has openly talked about what it is and what will happen in these situations.

Unfortunate with him coming off a massive win but I can't say I'm at all surprised.

Last edited:
Askren may not be wrong... maybe Jorge is lookin to avoid that one

not like Askren is the defacto gatekeeper to the title, he could work his way into contentention without taking that bad matchup

What happened in their first fight? Or are we talking about this situation?

UFC fingers with the out of the cage activities. Violent sport.

And Tony posting on IG. I just want dude to get help.

mBfbdkb.png

Need Dana to have more of a fake outrage and then let Jorge keep his purse and bonuses

UFC President Dana White spoke about today’s backstage brawl with ESPN:

“I can’t even believe that this happened. We (the UFC) need to do a much better job of making sure this **** doesn’t happen at any of our events!” – Dana White

Need Dana to have more of a fake outrage and then let Jorge keep his purse and bonuses

UFC President Dana White spoke about today’s backstage brawl with ESPN:

“I can’t even believe that this happened. We (the UFC) need to do a much better job of making sure this **** doesn’t happen at any of our events!” – Dana White

Dude at the presser talking about the top notch security that let a fighter walk clear across a room to get in another’s face to the point where one got touched :lol:

“So I’m doing my interview, and this hooligan comes by saying some stuff,” Masvidal said. “[He says] ‘July, you’ll get your *** kicked in July.’ And I go ‘Maybe bro, cause whatever, maybe I want to kick your *** in April. Maybe I don’t want to wait till July. Maybe I don’t even want to fight you cause you’re not worth the training camp. I’ll fight you here, you’re a scrub.’

“So I tell him ‘Just say it to my face like a man. You’re saying it walking away. We’re both men.’ As I walk up to him, I’ve got my hands behind my back to signal I’m not coming here for problems. But he put his hands up like this [raises fists]. It’s on video, and he walks towards me. Well, where I’m from, if you do that, you’re going to punch me in the face. That’s not going to happen. You’re a JV beta. You are what you are bro, you’re just a loser in life. You’re not going to get a hit off on me. So I did the three piece with the soda, and then just glided out of there. Then some of his friends tried to sucker punch me… those guys did a big mistake.”

I’m sure Jorge was still riding that high from the win. Leon should have known better

Back
Top Bottom