The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I'm irrationally excited. Taking my kids to the fair inna few hrs then takin my *** to bed I got to much to get done 2maro. Coronas, and liquor drinks flowing by 5pm Haha I'm tailgating in the man cave. Alrdy told my wife dont expect me to do nothing but maybe toss some steaks on the grill ‍♂️

Idk why but I think Pettis pulls off the upset.

Really excited for this card...Costa and Romero gonna be ****ing lit

Wish Pettis/Diaz was a five round slobber knocker.

Joe Silva a deustch. Glad he’s gone. And hope this contract nonsense opens some of the fighters eyes before they sign the dotted line.

If it was 5 rounds I'd definitely put all my money on Nate. But In a 3 round fight, off a 3 year layoff?

Definitely gonna be interesting though

I agree. He has been off for three years. Anthony has had maybe six fights I think (Max, Dustin, Jim Miller, Wonderboy, Chiesa, and Tony).

It’s not like Nate was setting the world on fire. The buzz was mainly due to being a good foil to McGregor.

But the Diaz’s have great cardio, good boxing and decent grappling.

Excited to see what happens.

So ready for this card. I like everyone on the card so I'm not going for anyone. Just wanna see some battles. Even embedded has been really fun to watch.

Not mad that he wants a big payday but Nate Diaz has never taken anyone’s soul in his 30 fights

“I want the fights that will push me over the top,” Masvidal said. “The title for me means everything because I don’t have it, but Kamaru’s not like a dangerous dude. It’s not a fight that I’m scared to get hurt in. A guy like Nate, I know he’s going to try to rip my head off. He’s going to try to take my soul. So those big fights like that motivate me to work out, to get in there.”

Translation: I want a winnable money fight against a guy I can stand and trade with vs getting wrestlef****ed.

Pettis to Romero: "How's Jorge? I was happy as **** when he won, even though Ben's my teammate" :lol:

Seeing all these greats in the same place from different weight classes always gets me. T City, Dom, Romero, DC, Stipe, Nate, Pettis etc

The cut to 55 might have been a driving force behind Pettis' body language/"quitting" in past fights. He's been raving about how good he feels. 170 is probably still too big and 165 would be ideal... but it's just a thought

You know what, I think Pettis might win tonight, he knocked out wonderboy last fight and nate has shown he can get wobbly in the Conor fights. He hasn’t got punched in the face for 3 years so his chin might be vulnerable

For me, it's a toss up. Pettis was getting handled (actually rather easily) before he caught Wonderboy. That layoff for Nate aint no joke though

Throw in that it's now at 170 and no draining cut....

If it was 5 rounds I'd definitely put all my money on Nate. But In a 3 round fight, off a 3 year layoff?

Definitely gonna be interesting though
Yep. Why I’m taking Pettis. Nate gonna start slow and get cut early. By the time Nate starts picking up the pace fight will be almost over. Nate’s gonna have to start round 2 quick if it goes to decision

The cut to 55 might have been a driving force behind Pettis' body language/"quitting" in past fights. He's been raving about how good he feels. 170 is probably still too big and 165 would be ideal... but it's just a thought
Bet more than half the guys fighting at 155/170 would agree with all of this. 165/175 divisions just make too much sense for them to do it

I didn't think this was a serious thing

“I sat down with everybody, did a study, and I think there’s a real possibility I can make 61kg [135 pounds],” Aldo told Brazilian website Combate (via MMAFighting). “This is the new division I want to move to, and I’m asking for the title shot right away. That’s what matters for me now. Cejudo said he’s open to (fighting) anyone, so I’m open to that. I want the opportunity to fight against him and beat him.”

Is getting ESPN+ worth it? Saw there’s a package deal I can get on my Xbox for the fight and a year of ESPN+ for $79.99.

All 3 fights hard to predict but I’m most confident in Romero. Gonna throw some money on him.

Can’t wait for tonight

Back
Top Bottom