The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Khabib looked fine. Dustin came in to fight week light, making him look healthier on the scale. Either way, there’s 36 hours to get hydrated and put he nutrients back.

I personally think Dustin has been pretty dismissive in interviews. He’s been saying “after I KO this guy” a lot. If Khabib was easy to KO, we’d have already seen it.

Hey man whatever he has to tell himself.

Khabib looks much thicker through the chest and lats. Diamond better stop him early because If that polar bear gets on top of him it's a Michael Johnson esque mauling on deckie

We’ve been subjected to 20 years of these weight cuts so yeah I guess compared to other bad cuts khabib looked “fine”

I don’t know what else anyone would want Dustin to say coming in to the bout. A majority of fighters say the same thing in most upcoming matches

I don’t recall whom all gave Dustin zero chance at winning but I’m pretty sure that’s most of the thread :lol: we will see

Michael Johnson had Khabib a little wobbly so there's always a chance. Just depends on whether Dustin can capitalize if he actually does hurt him, and also if he can stop the takedown.

I don't think Khabib is invincible at all but if you can't stop the takedown your only chance of winning is basically catching him with a bomb on the way in.

Still want to see Tony vs Khabib more than just about any fight in the UFC right now

Bro, it’s a business built on providing a night of fights under the UFC umbrella. It’s all a numbers game besides the needle movers (Conor, Nate, GSP, JBJ, etc).

It’s how Usman skipped the line in front of Colby. Or how Tyron isn’t even in the discussion.

Edit: Should they have a main event of Colby vs Usman and co main of Diaz vs Masvidal. Yes!
Usman vs Woodley did more numbers than Colby vs Woodley would have had for the title back then? I don't know about that, but outside of the people you mentioned, Idk who really is a draw anymore. Haven't looked at the numbers. Also I thought Usman skipped Colby because he wouldn't agree to the fight date?

Last edited:
Michael Johnson had Khabib a little wobbly so there's always a chance. Just depends on whether Dustin can capitalize if he actually does hurt him, and also if he can stop the takedown.

I don't think Khabib is invincible at all but if you can't stop the takedown your only chance of winning is basically catching him with a bomb on the way in.

Still want to see Tony vs Khabib more than just about any fight in the UFC right now

A little wobbly? If so, that was some lightning recovery from a Khabib. I think watching it without commentary makes it look a lot less significant.

Same shots are what completely slept Poirier though.

Dustin’s chin was sus but after watching him survive the best of eddies last hurrah (twice), the best of gaethje and a max that would have put away a number of 55ers, I give him his due

If khabib ko’s him then respect. Dustin has gone out and proved a lot tho

No doubt. And I don’t think Khabib can KO Poirier standing. I just think Khabib has the better chin.

This fight will be interesting because Dustin has looked great, but some of the stats being dropped for this need additional consideration. There is a lot of talk about Dustin’s significant strike output against Alvarez, Gaethje, and Holloway. Thing is, all those dudes only want to stand and bang. That’s definitely not Khabib’s style.

Yeah it will always comes down to wrestling and take down defense against khabib

On the striking front, I would argue that this version of Dustin is more diversified than the versions of Conor iaquinta and Johnson that khabib faced

caught the majority of the weigh in on espn a little bit ago not sure if it was live or a replay but one thing i noticed is that i dont think anybody threw their shirt to the floor like most usually do (which upsets me which is why i noticed it) lol

if khabib tries to stand, he is going to get touched up
i expect khabib to have that man on the ground within 30s of the fight and maul him

honestly, would not be surprised if dustin wins

A little wobbly? If so, that was some lightning recovery from a Khabib. I think watching it without commentary makes it look a lot less significant.

Same shots are what completely slept Poirier though.

I think a little wobbly is a fair assessment. If I'm remembering right even Khabib admitted that Johnson caught him pretty nice. But he dealt with it well and got the takedown regardless.

Ariel reported that the arena wasn’t even fully completed yet as of yesterday

It’ll be semi outdoors and extremely humid and hot

Apparently some are questioning the quality of this custom built arena that was built just for this card

If this effects the match smh

Ariel reported that the arena wasn’t even fully completed yet as of yesterday

It’ll be semi outdoors and extremely humid and hot

Apparently some are questioning the quality of this custom built arena that was built just for this card

If this effects the match smh
Fighting in 33C? What could go wrong?

Dustin gotta do what Jorge did
As amazing as that would be I doubt Khabib just puts his head down going for the td right away. Dustin is more of a volume guy so I wouldn't be surprised if Khabib at least initially strikes with Dustin for part of the 1st. I don't see Dustin being able to avoid Khabib's TD's as the only wrestler he really faced was Alvarez who did have him down for a bit in their last fight and I consider Khabib a much more powerful takedown artist than Eddie. Dustin does continue to surprise and his cardio has definitely improved as seen in the Holloway fight (this should be a totally different fight stylistically though) so I'm not completely counting him out if the fight goes into the championship rounds.

Khabib looked fine. Dustin came in to fight week light, making him look healthier on the scale. Either way, there’s 36 hours to get hydrated and put he nutrients back.

I personally think Dustin has been pretty dismissive in interviews. He’s been saying “after I KO this guy” a lot. If Khabib was easy to KO, we’d have already seen it.
You nailed this one, the rehydration is real :wow:

Now listening to John Morgan’s pod, he’s saying the stadium is indoors. Hmm, not sure who to believe but hopefully it’s indoors and the ac is installed

I honestly don’t see Jorge playing along with this type of ploy but maybe they’re planning a long term money fight against each other

I fully believe Colby and Jorge are trying to manufacture a fake beef in the case they both win their next fights to setup a WW title bout.

I really hope that isn’t the case because thats kinda lame

I have a feeling it’s fake so far because Jorge confronts dudes who talk trash online :lol:

Back
Top Bottom