The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Nathan needs to figure something out with that right eyebrow... Dos Anjos ,Conor ,Pettis and Jorge all layed it open... Thing still looked raw heading into this fight... That thing will get opened up with any decent strike.

I mean what's he to do with that scar tissue? You basically said it, any decent strike that catches that eyebrow is gonna open it right back up to 'Lean & Rock Wit It' levels of dmg

I mean what's he to do with that scar tissue? You basically said it, any decent strike that catches that eyebrow is gonna open it right back up to 'Lean & Rock Wit It' levels of dmg
You can get it cleaned up, Nick also got his brow line taken down so it wasn't so prominent... KInda limited with how these will work but chances are, he is going to face a doctor stopping another fight if he fights anyone with decent standup... But with Nate, he may just hang em up and stay away... Just a thought

What did we expect from someone who hasnt fought in 3 years? He would look great in his first fight back? Look great 3 months later taking on someone who is red hot?

Lets face the facts though. Diaz is a journeyman fighter who cashed in by taking a mcgregor fight and beating him. He was able to establish himself among causuals and his persona resonated with a lot of people. Especially because he was one of the guys who could give it back to conor in the trash talk game.

Diaz star power isnt all about wins or loses. Sure he will take a hit from it but as long as he puts on exciting fights and can win some matches he will be fine.

But this is MMA....one loss and you werent that good and the sky is falling.....win two or three matches and people start wondering if youre the goat (mainly tongue in cheek but some truth to it)

Yeah, it ain’t about wins or losses with him because the casual fan looked at him as a “BMF” due to the Conor fight and his personality, but I don’t know if that fan looks at him the same way after he lost the way he did this weekend. He was never in that fight. And add to that the guy who he made his name off got easily destroyed by Khabib. Riding off that Conor win probably won’t work as well with the casual fan at this point. ****, I’m not even that pressed to see him again after these last two fights tbh.

And Nate has always lingered around the top 5 in his division, but he’s not exactly young in the sport anymore. Jorge is peaking so maybe that was just too much for him but I dunno if Nate has anything for guys like Tony, Poirier or Gaethje at this point. That third Conor match might be the only real compelling matchup for him at this point.

Nates biggest fight left is mcgregor 3

shouldnt take any other fight at this point

but like boxer said, he had nothing for jorge and looked rusty against pettis.

had he won he could have parlay’d that into another big fight but, its a wrap now.

And conor aint fighting in January these doods gotta quit blowing smoke to his stans, even his hardcore stans getting sick of it

Listening to the Ryen Russilo podcast wiht Anik from October 23rd. Anik literally mentions Diaz has to be careful of being cut as he's known for that, and having a doctor stoppage due to it.

Crazy how that's exactly how it played out.

Really hoping Israel vs Yoel gets done. He's the only one I remember who's openly called for Romero.

Crazy how Nate hung with Conor in their second fight. Conor should not want anything to do with Masvidal. I think he’d get annihilated.
I just don’t have confidence in Kavanaugh’s camp.
Besides Conor, what other high level fighter they have (maybe Gunnar).

Corey has been talking **** about Jones for awhile now and all he gets is that minor slick diss in a tweet. Guess he doesn’t feel like dude is a threat and/or relevant.

Like I said. Delusional. Dude was always an average to above average fighter that was never elite. He just gave Conor matchup problems.

Still love his demeanor and watching him fight but Jorge>>>>>

Like I said. Delusional. Dude was always an average to above average fighter that was never elite. He just gave Conor matchup problems.

Still love his demeanor and watching him fight but Jorge>>>>>
Pretty much agree with this. Nate has been known to post some cryptic tweets, my guess is he'll only be back for a Conor trilogy fight at this point or if Dana wants to throw him a large bag to fight someone else if they become a big draw in the next year or so.

Jorge should definitely be getting next TS at WW. UFC needs to build him up even more while the iron is hot.

Jorge should definitely be getting next TS at WW. UFC needs to build him up even more while the iron is hot.

I can't see him taking a fight with Kamaru. Bad match up and no real draw.

He and Colby could do numbers but they were boys. Pretty sure they would through down for the bag though.

I feel like Leon Edwards makes sense. Legit bad blood there.

I want to see Jorge vs Edwards too but I'm guessing he'll look at it as a step back, especially after headlining a ppv. Dana probably would too at this point.

I think it's either Conor or the winner of Usman vs Colby for Jorge.

For the sake of the story it would be interesting to see Colby vs Jorge, but I'd rather see Usman run through Colby next month.

I wish Edwards could be an option but Jorge is out of reach at the moment. Edwards deserves a fight with woodley or wonderboy

If the ufc pushes the backstage fight with Edwards I think it could be a thing. But right now nobody knows who Edwards is and he got boo’ed in his own country the last time he fought

The tweets and nyt article I read made it seem like there were a lot of cheers and few boos.

I wish Edwards could be an option but Jorge is out of reach at the moment. Edwards deserves a fight with woodley or wonderboy

If the ufc pushes the backstage fight with Edwards I think it could be a thing. But right now nobody knows who Edwards is and he got boo’ed in his own country the last time he fought
Edwards doesn’t have a lot of cache. He’s not a big name and he’d be a risk for anyone higher.

I doubt Edwards would take the WB or Ponzinibio fight. That would be a step down, whereas Jorge, Tyron, Colby and Usman are valid and logical moves for him.

Edwards doesn’t have a lot of cache. He’s not a big name and he’d be a risk for anyone higher.

I doubt Edwards would take the WB or Ponzinibio fight. That would be a step down, whereas Jorge, Tyron, Colby and Usman are valid and logical moves for him.
Wonderboy most certainly isn’t a step down, especially through the prism of what you just said

Edwards has no cache and nobody knows him. Everyone knows wonderboy and is a big name who isn’t at all washed. A win against him would do very well for anyone’s stock at this point, but especially for a guy like Edwards

WB is technically not a step down. Issue is the dumb rankings. Edwards is ranked 4 and one of the longest in the division (besides Marty). WB is ranked 8. WB could earn a title shot if he beats Edwards, whereas where would Edwards land?

Thinking about placing a bet on Volkov against hardy this weekend

complete mismatch or am I missing something??

WB is technically not a step down. Issue is the dumb rankings. Edwards is ranked 4 and one of the longest in the division (besides Marty). WB is ranked 8. WB could earn a title shot if he beats Edwards, whereas where would Edwards land?
Rankings don’t matter. If he were to starch wonderboy he’d definitely deserve to be in the mix for a title shot

Khabib :emoji_fire:

"As for a rematch, to fight for a belt in the UFC, I remember I had something like nine or 10 fights. If he wins 10 fights in a row, then that's completely possible,'' Nurmagomedov said.

"They offered me to fight in Vegas in March, but I told them that if Vegas officially apologizes for wrongly fining me for that incident on Oct. 6, 2018, then I'll fight there,'' he said.

"If not, then they can assign me to another date. As far as I know, they're planning in April to hold [a fight card] somewhere in New York, so I'm saying I'm ready for April, or March if Las Vegas apologizes.''

Back
Top Bottom