The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

So you guys think Zang won the fight?

I had her winning because of the significant strikes, visible damage and sort of takedowns.

But Joanna did have more strikes and accuracy. And despite the visible damage, she kept going.

Woman are viscous. So Valentina is just setting a possible matchup. I don’t think that’s a good matchup for Zang. I’m afraid Valentinas skill might be a little much right now.

Valentina is bitter at Zhang from the time Zhang said she wanted to challenge her a few fights back. Valentina took it as disrespect from an unproven fighter

That was probably one of the best performances of JJ’s career, I think she did enough to win but it was a toss up and then you see the damage done...

UFC card this weekend is good

Lee vs Oliveira
Maia vs Burns
Moicano
Walker vs Krylov
Formiga vs Moreno

Bellator card Friday: FW Title Pitbull vs Carvalo

I’d like Zhang to clean up her division. Fight past belt holders and top ranked fighters. The Valentina fight is just unnecessary for the time being.

From that TMZ footy, Ortega couldn't have slapped that guy that hard. Probably just to check the guy. I wonder if Zombie actually said Ortega was ducking him or if it was Jay Park saying it without Zombie's consent. I don't think it's that big of a deal but if it gets them to fight, I am for it.
Fighters are so sensitive. One little comment can trigger them.

Suarez is in a class of her own as far as grappling, it will be interesting.
Yeah, probably the strongest wrestling of any female fighter. I have no idea about Zhang's takedown defense though. joanna has great tdd and ability to get up, wonder if suarez could get her down and keep her there.

Valentina is bitter at Zhang from the time Zhang said she wanted to challenge her a few fights back. Valentina took it as disrespect from an unproven fighter

That was probably one of the best performances of JJ’s career, I think she did enough to win but it was a toss up and then you see the damage done...

After that fight...maybe Valentina is right.

What camp does Weili train with? Also, she didn’t really have a “real” camp this last fight with COVID-19.

Valentina is smart. Setting up super fights while cleaning out her division (which is pretty shallow).

Also, this weekends card looks good.

Just speculation. But it’s only a matter of time. Tons of sporting events getting cancelled and/or no spectators.
Just throw them in a random gym and have them fight

Just speculation. But it’s only a matter of time. Tons of sporting events getting cancelled and/or no spectators.
Just throw them in a random gym and have them fight

This is ridiculous man. Might as well have nobody leave their house every year because of the flu.

This is ridiculous man. Might as well have nobody leave their house every year because of the flu.

1583859377030.png

Zhang ain't ready for Valentina. She would get picked apart. Hope Rose makes light work of Andrade. Think Rose has a good chance of beating her. She's very technical in her striking and got a good sub game. Need to check some of her old fights, not too sure how good of a chin she got.

Just caught up and you can spot those who know nothing about fighting from their comments about Izzy. Two main objectives in fighting:

1. Get hit less than your opponent
2. Hit your opponent more

Yoel is arguably the most explosive and powerful fighter in that division's history. Izzy ain't winning by brawling. He used his length to his advantage, Yoel could've really swarmed him but chose not to. Izzy fought with brains and technality, Yoel didn't do a single thing..

Why is it only on Izzy to approach Yoel? His biggest physical gift is his length, he utilized it perfectly. This sport is ruined by these morons who think only brawls qualify as fights. Please go back to WWE

Woodley bout to make me a fan (of the man, not the music)

This dude really talking about he had three ways to finish Yoel, but Yoel never gave him the opportunity like it’s on Yoel to serve himself up to get KOed. Clown.

Back
Top Bottom