The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Yeah, the guy is going to hurt someone eventually. Unfortunately that is a very delicate situation with the schizophrenia

I feel for all those families dealing with loved ones that are inflicted with these ailments

Are you aware that if we don’t have sports at all til 2021 then that means that not only is this season of NBA cancelled but also probably next year’s as well considering we’d be damn near at the All Star break and that would mean the entire NFL season is cancelled.

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds for it being April....?

Not to mention how broke a lot of these UFC dudes would be with zero income for 9+ months. Those dudes would start backyard fighting Kimbo Slice style and stream it for cash before they go that long without a pay day.

Are you aware of what's going on in the world right now? Are you aware that there's actually things more important than your entertainment? Are you aware that along with the UFC fighters, 17 million other people are currently unemployed? There's a reason why people like Luke Thomas has been pushing hard to bring awareness to fighters about the pandemic relief benefits. Which helps independent contractors (fighters included) get some type of assistance until the end of the year.

I do believe UFC will be the first ones back. Won't be in the US though, will be whenever Dana's island is ready or somewhere like UAE opens up their borders.

Are you aware of what's going on in the world right now? Are you aware that there's actually things more important than your entertainment? Are you aware that along with the UFC fighters, 17 million other people are currently unemployed? There's a reason why people like Luke Thomas has been pushing hard to bring awareness to fighters about the pandemic relief benefits. Which helps independent contractors (fighters included) get some type of assistance until the end of the year.

I do believe UFC will be the first ones back. Won't be in the US though, will be whenever Dana's island is ready or somewhere like UAE opens up their borders.

Man get the **** outta here with that “am I aware what’s going on in the world” ****...yes we’re all aware that everything is shut down and that’s the reason we’re having this conversation in the first place. Stop with all the extra **** acting like I’m cool with everybody dying just so we can be entertained. All I’m saying is chill with the “no sports at all til 2021“ **** cause it sounds absurd considering it’s April right now.

I want UFC just as bad as the rest of you, but I have a really hard time imagining us not getting Football in the fall

Man get the **** outta here with that “am I aware what’s going on in the world” ****...yes we’re all aware that everything is shut down and that’s the reason we’re having this conversation in the first place. Stop with all the extra **** acting like I’m cool with everybody dying just so we can be entertained. All I’m saying is chill with the “no sports at all til 2021“ **** cause it sounds absurd considering it’s April right now.

Any other time of course it sounds absurd. In the middle of the most devastating unprecedented thing to hit the entire planet in our lifetime, it actually aligns up perfectly IMO.

I really dont see how you cant connect the dots.

We'll reconvene at the end of the year and see how it all played out.

I want UFC just as bad as the rest of you, but I have a really hard time imagining us not getting Football in the fall

To get football back this virus is gonna have to be fully under control. Treatment, a vaccine, something. Will we have that by fall?

As much as I want sports back, I'm not expecting it back anytime soon.

Any other time of course it sounds absurd. In the middle of the most devastating unprecedented thing to hit the entire planet in our lifetime, it actually aligns up perfectly IMO.

I really dont see how you cant connect the dots.

We'll reconvene at the end of the year and see how it all played out.

To get football back this virus is gonna have to be fully under control. Treatment, a vaccine, something. Will we have that by fall?

As much as I want sports back, I'm not expecting it back anytime soon.
A vaccine is at the very least a year away. There's consensus on that. A relatively effective treatment may be found before then but there will be risks associated with deploying treatment that hasn't gone through extensive clinical trials. I am dying for things to return back to normal, but I've been cynical since January and unfortunately reality shows I wasn't cynical enough. There's talks about re-opening the economy in early June (no, not the May 1st date certain people are throwing around) and that's if extensive contact tracing and supremely efficient testing is implemented. Judging from the US's response to this, we can all agree that's not happening before June.

We all agree everything sucks right now, everyone is hurting. But 99% of the facts are pointing towards a bitter short-term future.

I don’t even care for any of this. They’re both bozos. Jones should be laying low fresh off another DUI. Izzy keep saying Jones name but needs 2 years until he’s man enough to fight

At this point it's about all we got outside of watching old fights

But yeah, they should just fight none of this 2 year bs. Let Izzy defend against Costa and if successful do the fight

Back
Top Bottom