The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Never really watched the contender series so this smaller cage is fairly new to me. Like it a lot. Forcing action.

De La Rosa is doing absolutely nothing with the single leg but presenting the side of his head to get obliterated by elbows.

Didn't catch the card, any fights worth watching? Thinking of watching some of the fights tomorrow.

Bro. It was strategic. Cowboy/Pettis. Top of the prelims on free TV. To garner ratings. Ratings mean money for ESPN free TV. That’s why they were placed there.

Am I saying Izzy isn’t more “relevant” today? No. He’s the MW champ. And he’s definitely gaining in popularity. But that last performance was lukewarm. And again we don’t have any metrics on his drawing power. So we “assume” he’s more popular than Pettis.

Im saying that Pettis/Silva could be a freak show main event because they’re both popular MMA fighters with highlights and followings.

To even sniff an implication that Pettis at any point is more popular than Izzy is now. Smh.
UFC is more popular now - Pettis hasn't been in center spotlight since 5 years ago, Izzy has 2 countries behind him, actually good at talking trash, apart from 1 Romero fight all his fights been entertaining as hell. Stop it

Lol. I was just being argumentative. I agree that Izzy is more relevant/popular.

Though I’m not dismissing Pettis as a star. He’s been in high profile fights (Cowboy, Tony, Wonderboy, etc). I do agree that his record/performance have begun to diminish. Never been the same since the RDA beat down.

The Dustin of the past 3 years should be able to beat this version of Hooker. However in MMA your descent can be quick and vicious. It'll be telling for Dustin's remaining career. If Dustin can get by a hungry Hooker I think he can have one more run in him

I also feel like Hooker might have lost that fight against Felder

Dustin should feel at home in the small cage from his WEC days. That is going to be ****ing fire fight. Hopefully not too much brain damage is incurred for them

But would you also argue that you have the athlete and then you also have the City KB strategy applied on top?

That is definitely a great fight. I’m looking forward to it.

City KB doesn't just get the automatic advantage though lol. Dustin also trains at ATT

It'll be a fire fight for sure as I said. I just think that Dustin should win judging off his resume/skill set and the way Felder was able to really dig into Hooker in that fight

Dustin has been in his fair share of wars as well so the chin could be degrading, again as I mentioned that in my previous post. The fall can be quick and brutal. If he hasn't fallen off yet he should have the advantage on paper

Back
Top Bottom