The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Oddly enough Adesanya respected Gastelum's power, but not Whittaker's. Whittaker might be shot with all his layoffs and injuries. Damn shame that his reign at the top was so short. Darren Till probably walks all over him next week.
tenor.gif

Whittaker has been through numerous wars and injuries. Once you lose it you lose it quick. Till on the other hand is a long rangy powerful striker. With that said I've never been that impressed with Till even though his star rose very very quickly after beating a washed "legend" in Cerrone. That catapulted his stock

In this specific matchup it's going to legit prove a lot for both men. Till can pressure heavy but it's very difficult to overwhelm Whittaker... all that wear and tear though might be his downfall. Whittaker's last fight was devastating for him, idk if he's ever gonna be the same

Let's watch the odds when it gets closer

Till keeps his chin up too much. Whitaker might catch him clean when he blitzes him just like Masvidal.

Then the narrative will be a rested hungry Whitaker will beat the fraud

Till is a great fighter but cmon...Masvidal sent him to the shadow realm. Both fighters (Till and Whitaker) have taken damage. I haven’t even thought about who will win...I will be tuning in tho. Feel like someone will got stopped.

Both of Till's losses were when he was 25-26 and one was against the champion. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, he was green and drained himself to make 170.

deivison is a ****in monster :wow: 125 been putting out quality fights, looking forward to RIZIN champ manel kape's debut soon. i can't believe so many morons want the division folded.

Both of Till's losses were when he was 25-26 and one was against the champion. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, he was green and drained himself to make 170.
Big lee this is a point to consider that till is now fighting at his proper weight, a lot of times guys try to fight a division too low and drain themselves

till looked fine in his debut at the bigger weight but he also fought gastelum who is a small middleweight. Till should be much more comfortable his second time at middleweight it takes time to get your body used to a weight change

Lmao khabib and Ali man you gotta watch them when Justin is left unprotected and wants his title shot. Ali trying to play both sides

“Justin said no (to McGregor). Khabib told me to go tell Justin to fight Conor. Justin said no. Listen, we dictate this. Conor right now he can be a backup fighter. He can go make weight and maybe make some money, but at the end of the day, that’s the two champions. He’s not even No. 3, he’s No. 4 or No. 5. Conor can go fight Nate (Diaz) or (Jorge) Masvidal. We’re not interested in fighting him. He needs to get some wins and he needs to fight some good opponents. I said, the only way he can fight Khabib is if he fights Islam Makhachev, then he can fight Khabib,” Abdelaziz said.

Ali smart.

Somehow the Costa/Adesanya became the September card Me.

But now, Ali can parlay a Conor fight and still make money. It’s a win/win for Justin. He’s the interim champ and “it” LW. Conor would love to fight him. A win puts him back in the title picture. And Justin gets the hugest pay day of his career. Wins another huge payday.

Chess not checkers...

Yeah, he can beat khabib to get the real belt then face the rapist fella next for a big payday if he wants.

I honestly question how much more Justin would really make fighting conor. I don’t doubt it’s more but I want to know the difference

Ali smart.

Somehow the Costa/Adesanya became the September card Me.

But now, Ali can parlay a Conor fight and still make money. It’s a win/win for Justin. He’s the interim champ and “it” LW. Conor would love to fight him. A win puts him back in the title picture. And Justin gets the hugest pay day of his career. Wins another huge payday.

Chess not checkers...

When I first heard the news about Khabibs dad I was thinking it would help Conor go get a fight with Justin while Khabib is on the sideline but I guess were still going to get Justin vs Khabib by end of the year.

If he got ppv points maybe a couple mills.. but he been said he don't care bout the money he just wants to be the best in the world right now. I'm sure he doesn't mind waiting and understands Khabib needing time.

Wonder if the October ppv would be a vacant or interim LHW title main event. Only other champion that hasn't fought recently is Shevchenko. But that she would be a co main or fight night type fight vs Joanne

This was one of the most electric combat sports events I've ever witnessed. Not just Conor's fight but the entire card

It's something that will probably never be replicated again. From the fights, to the interviews to the international commentators being on point... it was something I'll never forget. I woke up early to watch since it was on in the morning. Fried up some bacon while watching and legit just saying holy **** every other minute

Commentators got me hyped as hell

“Takeover”

Ariel hyped the hell out of SBG. Conor was the only major star they produced.

Gunnar a distant second.

Crazy we’re on that Australian/New Zealand wave.

Would love to see more MMA stars come out of China and Africa.

Back
Top Bottom