The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

after that slap at the weigh-ins i knew imadaev was in for a thrashing. :lol:

Didnt he try doing that ****bon his debut and lost? He could be good, but dude be doing to much.
He fought much more technical and conventional this fight, no dancing at all

BUT THIS WAS THE MOST DISRESPECTFUL FIGHT I'VE EVER SEEN. He took away that dude's manhood in every way possible, slapped him, hands down, stood still, even suplexed him! WOW

The dude deserved it too he slapped Pereria in the weigh in for no reason

Just caught up to a few of the fights.

Perreira was ridiculous. Imadaev had no rhythm. Literally was a highlight reel exhibition.

Reem looked tentative until the takedowns In round 3&4. Sakai was done after the round four GNP.

Tough position. Blaydes (he lost to) is fighting Lewis (who Overeem hasn’t ever fought). Leaves Francis and Rozenstruik. Maybe Volkov.

Avoiding the next card.

The way Reem let fatboy punch himself out was classic. I thought he was playing with fire but nope, was a masterclass rope a dope. Sakai had ZERO resistance to the takedowns when his cardio tanked.

Gotta be a terrifying place to be.. completely gassed and under Overreems ground and pound. If UberReem had this fight IQ he kills Stipe

This **** always gets me ...

A fighter can get kicked on the chest, punch on the mouth, suplexed, chocked out, etc. But lord knows, if he gets slap ... the attitude is that's then most disrespect **** to do. LoL
Well it's just like spit. Spit is definitely not in the same realm of damage as a punch choke elbow kick etc. but it's extremely disrespectful lol

Plus the way he set up the slap followed up by the mannerisms after he landed... ultimate undressing

The way Reem let fatboy punch himself out was classic. I thought he was playing with fire but nope, was a masterclass rope a dope. Sakai had ZERO resistance to the takedowns when his cardio tanked.

Gotta be a terrifying place to be.. completely gassed and under Overreems ground and pound. If UberReem had this fight IQ he kills Stipe
You might be right. Lull him into a false sense of security. I never thought about it. The takedowns only came in the third and fourth.

I mean the only issue with that strategy is a flash KO. And the possibility that Sakai had good TDD (which he admitted was not the case).

He still sports the scar from his lip exploding from the contact of Rozenstruik’s Hail Mary.

Not saying he should have lost that fight but that proves my point. Rope a Dope is a dangerous proposition.

So is his goal to rematch to position him for a Stipe rematch?

Reem really shouldn't have lost that fight lol, dude was getting outclassed til the last seconds

One of the worst beats I've seen from 2018-2020, 'Reem was five seconds from a dominant 50-45. Other being KZ getting caught with Yair's elbow one second before the bell. Had him coasting to a 49-46 decision. "Zombie" gonna put out Ortega standing to avenge Jay Park's honor.

Two weeks from finding out if T-Wood is fully washed or in a temporary funk. Man's lost 10 rounds in a row without looking remotely competitive. Showed a 15-second spurt in R2 vs. "Durinho" and that was it. Woodley been resigned to totally giving up the center and Octagon control. Stands with his back to the cage, looking for one big overhand right. No semblance of stringing together combos. If Colby's personality and brashness don't bring out the beast in Tyron, nothing will.

Edit:
Overeem fighting much more intelligently and his chin seemingly holding up better. I thought Harris was close to putting him out in May.

Last edited:
Wait.....Cody has COVID? I just saw it online.

I wish he stuck to the bantamweight division but I get why he's going to flyweight. Still a hard fight regardless.

Reem really shouldn't have lost that fight lol, dude was getting outclassed til the last seconds

59274F28-4671-4E2B-B456-B0C63485B367.gif

I''ll say it again, overeem did have the fight won against rozenstruik but the ref helped rozenstruik out at the end. he thought he finished the fight, turned around and ran to the other side of the cage to celebrate. Ref yelled at him to come back and keep fighting with a few seconds left and then he put reem to sleep.

So it looks like Chimaev vs Meerschaert is getting the green light on the Woodley/Colby card

Honestly the right matchup, Meercharert is a gate keeper for that next level. He's got 11 UFC fights and over 40 total. He's no slouch

Back
Top Bottom