The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Honestly it’s the best thing for Leon. If he wins then the casual fans will care about him.
At this point he just needs to fight he’s lost any and all momentum. I agree with other dude who said good for Leon for at least sticking to his guns. He tried to stand up but there’s just no leverage to get better terms

but yeah just fight now Leon get paid

250 fans gonna be allowed to attend the next One Championship event but they have to take tests for COVID first to be allowed entry the test is free with every ticket purchase.

Must be a pretty hardcore fan to go through the hassle.

https://sports.yahoo.com/250-allowed-mma-show-fans-081023313.html
With the rapid tests becoming more available we may see this type of requirement put in place in some stadiums around the US. It'll probably be in addition to signing a waiver saying you could still contract the virus.

Kanye and JRE together. The level of bs and insanity. I know some folks love the alternative viewpoints and ideas, Joe fosters.

Leon. Absolutely no negotiating power.

speaking of negotiation power. Real reason Henry isn’t fighting:

Khabib first. 155. Needed a towel and looked sad... made it dramatic lol

Also, on Fight Island I'm assuming they're regulating their own events? The dude weighed him on that scale so damn fast lmao he was like yeah you're good bro
Welp looks like scale gate is becoming a thing now everyone speculating something fishy went on at his weigh in lol

Welp looks like scale gate is becoming a thing now everyone speculating something fishy went on at his weigh in lol
Folks making a big deal out of nothing. Watched most of the weigh ins last night. Mans was doing that for a lot of the fighters and not just Khabib.

He was but I did notice the scale moving up for khabib and he cleared it quick lol. I also don’t get why they don’t just use a digital scale for the official?

I personally am kind of 50/50 on the whole thing I mean what if he really badly was overweight I would hate that for Justin in all fairness

on the other hand I do want to see this fight play out lol

UFC 254 the most challenging fight of Khabib's career. Dangerous opponent who is a violent striker. Gaethje a state champ wrestler with D1 experience. Trevor Wittman one of the best coaches in the game. I'm on the opposite side of Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat , the sudden passing of Khabib's father might still be raw and a detriment to his fight performance first time back in the Octagon. Abdulmanap the driving force in training Khabib from a young age in the mountains of Dagestan and grooming his son for superstardom in MMA. I would say their bond was as tight as what we see now with Vasiliy and Anatoly Lomachenko.

No matter what side of the weigh-in controversy you're on, it didn't look like Khabib had a smooth cut. You add in Makhachev not being able to find a replacement opponent and Khabib's cousin, Umar, hospitalized trying to make 135, there's not a whole lot of good energy in the Nurmagomedov camp.

With that being said, Khabib's strengths will likely take away one of Gaethje's biggest weapons, leg kicks. Wittman has balls of steel if he allows Justin to unleash his kick arsenal, given the major fear of takedowns. Gaethje only been to the championship rounds twice, but he wasn't slowing down and looked measured against Ferguson with controlled aggression. Although a stand-up war with "El Cucuy" is much different than the grueling grind of TDD, clinch work and fighting back to your feet from bottom position. Khabib is so good at making his opponents wear his weight over the majority of middle rounds. Deadly clinical with his variety of trips and sweeps.

Justin's best chance is obviously to catch Nurmagomedov in the first two rounds with his boxing and power. Michael Johnson, who has good hand speed, was touching up Khabib a bit in the first round of their fight. Nurmagomedov can be slightly hittable in the opening round or two before he begins to impose his elite MMA grappling.

Sidebar #1:
I hate to say it but at 36, Ferguson might be in trouble. He looked slow as hell vs. Gaethje. Like his feet were stuck in the mud, always a move behind in the chess game.

Sidebar #2:
The biggest play I like on 254 is Cannonier -110. I get why it's a pick'em but Jared got a great chance to finish Whittaker inside two rounds. "Bendo" with the Embedded cameos. MMA Lab. :emoji_fire:

-350 not tremendous value but "Sseda" finna KO Alvey in R2. KTT. 🇰🇷 Catch Sam with a cross and finish him with G&P.

Lastly, two sizable plays I have on the radar are "Durinho" over Usman and "Aljo" submitting Yan.

Yo whose daughter is Sam Alvey married to in the company. This trashcan is on the prelims of ALL the biggest fight cards for like the last 5 years hah

Back
Top Bottom