The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Similar to bisping getting hit by trt vitor and trt hendo. Plus his eye got mangled by a vitor kick.

DJ will be in a Muay Thai/MMA mixed bout this Dec. against Rodtang. Interested to see how it plays out but hope MM actually tries to actively engage in the first round instead of waiting til the 2nd to get a sub because Rodtang's ground game may be almost nonexistent.

Tf is that about. Don’t see the point in that but I guess it’s cool for something diff
I'd say it's to get Rodtang's name out there and they figure doing it against DJ will get the most eyeballs.

Also, have been listening to the MMA Hour today and Julianna Pena really trying to sell this fight throwing all kinds of shade at Amanda, saying she's dodging her, was potentially on roids in the past and praying not to fight her. Yea Nunes is really scared of a fighter that's 2-2 in her last 4 bouts. I just hope the fight is competitive though.

Rodtang is sick from the highlights I’ve seen

but reading on the specifics, the first round is Muay Thai rules and the following rounds are MMA? Strange but kinda cool I guess lol

Rodtang’s name been out in Asia for a long time. If DJ engages he’ll probably get brutally KOed in the first.

Figgy didn't look like himself in the rematch so hopefully this fight is more competitive like the first fight.

Ufc 269 could have 3 title fights if Dustin-Charles gets signed too.

So if Fig wins, Moreno gets an instant rematch? Close decision followed by getting steamrolled and finished. Should’ve just waited for Pantoja.

I think we’ll see Moreno win again.

I feel like Pantoja might get passed over if Cody ends up having a great fight against Kai in December smh.

But knowing that chin, Kai might sleep that fool.

Leon deserves a lot. A title shot in fact but I’ve never seen a fighter do less with what he has than Leon Edwards. He’s approached almost everything up to this point in the wrong manner

Dana is def to blame but Leon has some blame in it too. From his fighting style to his choices on call outs and matches, dude really could lose out on a title shot for a while again

His management team is trash and should be blamed for the handling of his last couple years man. He should definitely be fighting for the belt

If Luque gets the Diaz fight I think Luque would finish him and do what Leon couldn't. Would be more than enough for Dana to have Luque leapfrog Leon

Also, if Chimaev destroys The Leech next month... who tf knows what Dana will do. Chimaev could def be thrown into a title shot

Rahkmonov coming too

Leon gotta figure his **** out and also start fighting with bad intentions looking for finishes

Leon definitely needs to be more aggressive with his fighting style and stop just trying to point fight. If he last fight is any indication, Dana and Co will find any reason to make him "one fight away from the title" for a while until other top contenders either get a shot or lose. I mean more people were talking about how Nate almost got the finish in rd. 5 then what Leon did well the majority of the fight.

I get that Jorge big timed Leon years ago when they had their back stage altercation. Leon is basically trying to do the same thing to Jorge now

The thing is.... Leon has no bigger fish to fry. Dana isn't giving Leon a damb thing. Jorge had bigger fish to fry like money and title fights which is why he no sold Leon

Leon is cutting off his nose to spite his face. Take the Jorge fight, get another big pay day, get a big name, get revenge for the cheap shot, potentially beat his *** and secure yourself a title shot

Back
Top Bottom