The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Nah not me. I don't care what MMA guys do I want them to get paid but it is fair to call out everything involved

It is their own fault for not forming a Union

The circumstances suck all around

They don't get paid in their own sport. Forces them to beg for fights in a different sport. Where they will no doubt be destroyed sans an Anderson Silva fighting a washed up has been boxer on drugs and what not

Also remember, Floyd was old and is not a KO artist. Canelo and Fury will most likely violently destroy any MMA fighter

But sure, get your money regardless of what it does to your career. It's their career not ours

No one told these doods to sign up and be fighters.

They know the pay is what it is, yet they still lining up.

Don’t feel too bad for them.

Feel bad for underpaid teachers and educators.

If you watched that Luke Thomas Fighter Pay Q&A...they can't form a union lol. Their best bet is the Ali Act. And them maintaining solidarity but they won't due to scab mentality.

And, again, they look terrible or get violently KO'd...it's okay. They did it for the check not the competition. How are we going to judge them, ultimately? My internet posts don't put food on their table. Just their blood, sweat, and tears.

Yeah but it's an easy big check. You guys keep looking at it from a legitimacy and athletic perspective. When it's simple, these MMA fighters don't get paid their worth. Boxing freak shows are an easy method to do it.

This is exactly how I see it. I don’t blame any of these fighters if they use the ufc for exposure and to build their brand and use that to network and pursue other opportunities to where they’re not dependent on Dana and his bs.

Are those Infinity Stones?

And they can't form a union. Watch the video. They are not full-time employees but independent contractors. It's the same issue the WWE folks have. Ali Act at least allows transparency and decouples the organizations/promotions from the belts.

How can they not form a Union? I don't get that and I don't wanna watch that Luke show lol, he rambles in those things
Live chat that spider posted was with John Nash all on fighter pay. One of the first journalists to get blackballed by the UFC because of how he looks in to all the promotion finances and fighter pay. It's a very informative Q&A and worth a listen.

The take of these fighters knew what they were getting in to or they shouldn't have taken this up, is some of the lamest **** ever :lol:. I'd love to be y'all employers. Yall the type of dudes who probably never get raises and complain all year about not getting said raise :lol:

Wwe dudes get paid more so they don’t necessarily have the same motivation to unionize

It’s gonna take work but I don’t think it’s impossible. The main issue has always been the top guys getting “paid” so it hinders the unity

From the Athletic:

“Perhaps the biggest hurdle could be fighters’ employment status as independent contractors.

Employment status has been a central question during recent court cases involving ride-share service drivers and parcel delivery drivers. It’s possible that in order to unionize, fighters might have to force legal action to get reclassified as full-time employees.”

There's always the "next man up" mentality too. So even if you were to have even some of your top guys be in for unionization, you'll have another younger ranked fighter just behind them wanting that top spot and willing to get paid less for it.

It's the same in the WWE too. Top guys paid more of the gate because they're the "draws."

Issue is the shady contracts. Issue is the lack of transparency in the contracts. We don't know what Israel is getting paid, how many fights, etc. How can anyone negotiate without fair-market comparison?

Also boxing promoters don't control the belts. Those organizations do. Promoters have a lot of clout, power, etc. But the fighters can negotiate their purse PER fight. The Ali act was created due to shady promoter types like Don King who fleeced Ali and Mike Tyson.

As far as that monopoly trial...UFC got their lobbyists and lawyers delaying or impeding progress.

I'm not out here caping for these fighters. I, agree, ultimately, as human beings, we are responsible for our decisions. But sometimes, we don't know better. Or there are systems in place to prevent us from enjoying the maximum liberties we deserve. As a black man, I have seen it first hand.

So I can relate to these fighters. And to only get 18% of the UFC's revenue. Nah. It should be 50/50. Dana and WME wiling.

The take of these fighters knew what they were getting in to or they shouldn't have taken this up, is some of the lamest **** ever :lol:. I'd love to be y'all employers. Yall the type of dudes who probably never get raises and complain all year about not getting said raise :lol:
Umm it’s not a take sir, it’s the actual truth of the matter.

These fighters are not being lied too and having the rug pulled from under them.

It’s a performance based model.

Umm it’s not a take sir, it’s the actual truth of the matter.

These fighters are not being lied too and having the rug pulled from under them.

It’s a performance based model.
So should they not be treated like the real athletes they are? Are you watching because of the letters UFC or because of the fighters? If you're watching because of the fighters, then why would you not want them to get a bigger share of the revenue then the **** 18% they get right now?

You don't even have to give them 50% (like the other major American sports). Even 25-35% would do so much for the 600 or so fighters on the roster.

Like I said, lamest take.

We agree....no one is forcing these fighters to step into the cage or pursue a career in MMA.

We disagree in the terrible practices the UFC exercises toward its "contracted" fighters. Dylan White about to make a guaranteed $8 Million to fight Tyson Fury as the "B" side. That does not include his bonuses or possible PPV points. While Francis made $650 K in his last title fight.

You can perform...but you have no way of negotiating your contract due to the lack of transparency from the UFC. Plus, you're locked in a multi-fight contract. What's a Masvidal to do when he catches fire? Complain lol? That's what he did. It wasn't until Gilbert Burns dropped out that he was able to leverage power over the promotion. Israel has the benefit of being represented by the same folks who represent Conor McGregor. The same person who represents both thinks there should be transparency. And the fighters should not "ONLY" get 18% of the revenue.

Maybe it's the caked up make up. Or maybe it's the tight outfits. She bad.

UFC really laxxing in the hot women category. At least the ladies have a Luke Rockhold, Street Judas, and Bryce Mitchell.

Back
Top Bottom