The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Listening to MMAFIGHTING post fight show.

Jeb Meshew saying Mark Goddard is an unconscionable referee. Knew TJ had a bad shoulder and let him fight. And then let him fight after the first round.

If Islam beats Volk, Islam becomes the #1 P4P king.

I think Beniel, after that fight, has a good chance against Islam.

Dana dodging TJ questions lol.

These Journalists love popping things off with Dana. Poor Dan Hardy getting stray shots and getting workplace misconduct allegations against him.

Yeah I love that they called out Volk and set that fight up right away. I wasn't a fan of Volk moving up just cause the FW title won't get defended until the end of summer, but after that im all in now. Just shows how much confidence Khabib has in Islam.

Aljamain Sterling has got to be one of the luckiest fighters in recent memory.

1. Wins the belt by DQ in a fight where he was getting his *** kicked.

2. Wins a razor thin decision in the rematch…which many thought he lost.

3. Fights a guy with a serious pre-existing injury in his first defense.

…can’t wait until he loses.

Last edited:
On a side note, Team Khabib is great. Really did their tape study. Charles loves doing that jumping switch knee/kick to close distance. Capitalized right when he did it and timed that hook perfectly to drop him.

The coaching matchup with CKB and Eagle is probably my favorite thing about the fight.

Listening to MMAFIGHTING post fight show.

Jeb Meshew saying Mark Goddard is an unconscionable referee. Knew TJ had a bad shoulder and let him fight. And then let him fight after the first round.
I don’t know that it’s the referee’s responsibility to provide medical clearance for a fighter.

…guys have fought with torn ACLs before.

On a side note, Team Khabib is great. Really did their tape study. Charles loves doing that jumping switch knee/kick to close distance. Capitalized right when he did it and timed that hook perfectly to drop him.

The coaching matchup with CKB and Eagle is probably my favorite thing about the fight.
I think it was a favorable matchup for Islam. Islam definitely showed his striking is solid. Charles thrives on chaos. Dagestanis thrive on control. Good luck to Team CKB. That’s a tough skill to game plan for without years of years of experience.
I don’t know that it’s the referee’s responsibility to provide medical clearance for a fighter.

…guys have fought with torn ACLs before.
Agreed. That’s up to the medical or fighter to reveal. Not sure how blaming Mark Godard helps the situation.

Aljamain Sterling has got to be one of the luckiest fighters in recent memory.

1. Wins the belt by DQ in a fight where he was getting his *** kicked.

2. Wins a razor thin decision in the rematch…which many thought he lost.

3. Fights a guy with a serious pre-existing injury in his first defense.

…can’t wait until he loses.

Suga coming soon

That was an easy check for Aljo. At least he gave us a show of his wife’s thighs (which maybe it’s the camera looked thicker than her IG pics).

Charles talking right now. Charles a professional.

My man stays beefing.

Aljo swagged out. The jacket. The chain (hopefully it’s real).

“He’s kicking around ideas right now.” Not sure what that means. Sounds like he’s pursuing other streams of income (Rum company, acting, YouTube channel, etc).

That was an easy check for Aljo. At least he gave us a show of his wife’s thighs (which maybe it’s the camera looked thicker than her IG pics).

Charles talking right now. Charles a professional.

My man stays beefing.

Wow it looked all good seeing they had their hands clasped. Then the guy in the middle started to break them up, I wonder what was said cuz Khum snapped. This’ll get ugly

Also he warned the ref about his injury and to not stop it if it happens. Respect for Goddard for listening, such a grey area tho.
A better question is how did he pass the pre-fight medicals?

Are the doctors allowing fighters to fight with separated shoulders and torn ACLs or are they instructed not to check for injuries like that?

…my guess is it’s the latter.

A better question is how did he pass the pre-fight medicals?

Are the doctors allowing fighters to fight with separated shoulders and torn ACLs or are they instructed not to check for injuries like that?

…my guess is it’s the latter.
Good question. I assume pre fight medicals don’t aggressively screen motor functions? Maybe just blood pressure and a few windmills and squats? I doubt they’ll have you do sprawls and anything laborious.

I’m sure TJ did as much to mask his injury to make the fight, he knows he may not get this close to a title fight again.

Good question. I assume pre fight medicals don’t aggressively screen motor functions? Maybe just blood pressure and a few windmills and squats? I doubt they’ll have you do sprawls and anything laborious.

I’m sure TJ did as much to mask his injury to make the fight, he knows he may not get this close to a title fight again.
I’m curious if they do imaging?

I’m sure it’s a cost saving matter. You’re not paying for a Catscan or MRI to see what injuries these guys have.

I’m sure it’s a I’ll ask you a question. And ya fake any of the injuries you have a la Michael Bisping.

I hate the fact TJ fought knowing the entire camp he wasn’t healthy. Absolutely should of been another fighters opportunity.

Khamzat wild for wanting to throw down right there. Curious what was said, thought he had beef with khabib in the past.

I’m curious if they do imaging?

I’m sure it’s a cost saving matter. You’re not paying for a Catscan or MRI to see what injuries these guys have.

I’m sure it’s a I’ll ask you a question. And ya fake any of the injuries you have a la Michael Bisping.
Yea that’ll be crazy expensive and fight cards would be falling off. Most fighters at that level are walking into the fight already compromised

Yea that’ll be crazy expensive and fight cards would be falling off. Most fighters at that level are walking into the fight already compromised
Most definitely.

Just like we know the USADA tests aren’t testing everything. Some of these guys got the ish the Russian government got.

Volk doing the conference now.

Back
Top Bottom