The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Sometimes you can do too much. Like your posts border on Sean Strickland level cringe. You clearly have a schtick on this message board. Not hating. Maybe it’s a way to entertain. Sadly, a lot of these MMA fighters are attempting to trash talk and hype a fight. They don’t quite have the art like pre Mayweather Conor (who could definitely cross the line) or Chael.

Most of these guys are terrible. It’s not like they’re going to the WWE performance center and learning how to cut a promo.

I used to like Izzy’s trash talk but even he became a meat head. I’d never accuse him of being homophobic.

Like Vince said, he definitely had his demons and runs in with the law for domestic violence, etc.

He was one of the greatest knock out artists in the UFC. And many fighters had nothing but great things to say about him.

Someone made a comment about the UFC President. There are a lot men and women who are taking advantage of their gifts/skills and the fact the combat sports industry allows just about anyone to compete. Many aren’t going to have PHDs, speak proper English or craft witty or intelligent ways to talk smack.
Did you just call me the Sean Strickland of NikeTalk?

B4721BAB-C9EA-47AE-B84E-77997FDF8D1E.gif

No way does Alex deserve an immediate rematch after getting flatlined badly, never defending the title, and being spoon fed favorable matchups. His hype train is over.

No way does Alex deserve an immediate rematch after getting flatlined badly, never defending the title, and being spoon fed favorable matchups. His hype train is over.
I actually agree with this.

But if you’re Izzy, you can’t really consider the matter “settled.”

He landed two good punches and knocked him out…fair play.

But if he really wants to settle it, he has to fight him again.

I actually agree with this.

But if you’re Izzy, you can’t really consider the matter “settled.”

He landed two good punches and knocked him out…fair play.

But if he really wants to settle it, he has to fight him again.
FOUR clean punches right on the money followed up by a nasty hammer fist, 3 arrows shot from an invisible bow, demonstrated to his son how to play dead, danced in the middle of the octagon all while alex was getting medical attention.

Alex gotta beat atleast two top 5 guys before he gets another shot imo. Whittaker had to fight three more times before getting another shot. :rofl:

This conversation got me thinking. I can name a list of fighters I like to watch fight bc they are just awesome to watch fight but I can't really think of anyone I'm a huge fan of bc of their personality or bc they seem like a great dude. Most of these fighters are corny or just not great people. I try to not think about that part so I can just enjoy watching these meatheads fight.

Moreno and burns are 2 people I think of that I’m a fan of because there is nothing bad I can say about them. Seem like genuine good people

FOUR clean punches right on the money followed up by a nasty hammer fist, 3 arrows shot from an invisible bow, demonstrated to his son how to play dead, danced in the middle of the octagon all while alex was getting medical attention.

Alex gotta beat atleast two top 5 guys before he gets another shot imo. Whittaker had to fight three more times before getting another shot. :rofl:

Yeah but bro it was a “Hail Mary” according to NTers

😂😂😂😂

Izzy got to run it back immediately so this makes no sense. If it's good for one, it's good for the guy up 3-1 imo. If Izzy had to earn his rematch, you'd have a point.

The funny thing is that Rampage is one of my all time favorite fighters…top 3 or 4.

And he certainly made his fair share of crude remarks.

But he was never obnoxiously cocky the way that Adesanya is.

There was no “I’m gonna put leave you frozen like Elsa” lines.🤮

He’s also done some pretty problematic stuff outside the ring too

Like what if Peirera was like nah to a rematch after beating Izzy 3x straight?

Do all champs have a rematch clause?

This is like when Figueredo fought Moreno 4x straight.

Their first fight was a draw and the 2nd fight Moreno won by sub so it was settled. 1-0-1

Then Figueredo won by decision in a rematch

Then they fought AGAIN and Moreno won by Doctors stoppage.

So now it’s 2-1-1

How many times are they gonna do this ****?

Last edited:
Nah, MMA is completely different from boxing where there are no rematch clause in the contracts. The promotion itself makes the fights so its pretty much whatever they want. They'll usually give long reigning champions immediate rematches.

I don’t mind Khamzat skipping the line to Izzy. Who else is there if not Alex again which it seems like fans and the fighters aren’t in a rush to make happen again.

Like what if Peirera was like nah to a rematch after beating Izzy 3x straight?

Do all champs have a rematch clause?

This is like when Figueredo fought Moreno 4x straight.

Their first fight was a draw and the 2nd fight Moreno won by sub so it was settled. 1-0-1

Then Figueredo won by decision in a rematch

Then they fought AGAIN and Moreno won by Doctors stoppage.

So now it’s 2-1-1

How many times are they gonna do this ****?
If Alex didn't want to do the immediate rematch- he would have missed out on a huge pay day. Either that or Dana would have stripped him

Israel Adesansa showed he's leagues above anyone else.

That lone knockout wiped his supposed "L" column to now undefeated.

He's the pound for pound champ at 26-0 and no one is beating that record

Back
Top Bottom