The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

And yet Chael lost to a number of no names. As you referred to- he was a cheater, which supports my claim

He was mid and had to use PED's to even the playing field and close the talent gap

Anderson had more than lackluster fights with Cote, Leites and Maia. Was his rib broken in those fights too?

Those dudes were just shook and had nothing for Anderson to take advantage

Strickland for sure had a great moment in that knockdown, no debating that. But let's not act like Izzy was getting beat to a pulp the rest of the fight. He got jabbed not battered

Losing to no names, this is MMA bruh you already know how this goes, that argument is bogus. Anderson is the middleweight goat and he lost to Luis Azeredo, Daiju Takase, and Ryo Chonan before he became who he became. That's how the game goes.

Also if you look at Chael's record you know that Paulo Filho, Jeremy Horn, Babalu Sobral, Forrest Griffin were not no names. He took Ls early in his career to solid fighters, and maybe two or three randoms sprinkled in. By the time he got to Anderson he was still a top middleweight.

And Anderson was in no danger of losing those fights with Cote, Leites and Maia at all, the fact that you're trying to compare that to what happened last night is laughable. Demian Maia and Leites both spent alot of time flopping on their backs trying to get Anderson to grapple with them because they wanted no parts of the stand-up. The fact you're acting as if that's a knock on Anderson is again, laughable. Cote injured himself dancing around the ring. It's not even in the same realm.

Y'all are overstating just how much Strickland "beat up" Izzy, like he had to go to the hospital. But go off

He got dropped, had very little significant offense, face was beat up and Strickland came out looking clean as a whistle. Izzy didn't get maimed or anything, Strickland is pillow fisted from what I've seen so the fact that Izzy got dropped alone is shocking tbh, but he got soundly outclassed.

Went back and watched early Izzy fights in the UFC, against Tavares, Silva, Brunson etc. The speed and ability to not only just get out the way but willingness to engage is so different to what we just saw.
He showed that against his rematch with Alex when he stayed in the pocket more. Really feel like the weight of the belt makes Izzy really minimize any risk and reduces his creativity to mix things up which was what made him so fun to watch in the beginning

Last edited:
Losing to no names, this is MMA bruh you already know how this goes, that argument is bogus. Anderson is the middleweight goat and he lost to Luis Azeredo, Daiju Takase, and Ryo Chonan before he became who he became. That's how the game goes.

Also if you look at Chael's record you know that Paulo Filho, Jeremy Horn, Babalu Sobral, Forrest Griffin were not no names. He took Ls early in his career to solid fighters, and maybe two or three randoms sprinkled in. By the time he got to Anderson he was still a top middleweight.

And Anderson was in no danger of losing those fights with Cote, Leites and Maia at all, the fact that you're trying to compare that to what happened last night is laughable. Demian Maia and Leites both spent alot of time flopping on their backs trying to get Anderson to grapple with them because they wanted no parts of the stand-up. The fact you're acting as if that's a knock on Anderson is again, laughable. Cote injured himself dancing around the ring. It's not even in the same realm.

He got dropped, had very little significant offense, face was beat up and Strickland came out looking clean as a whistle. Nobody is saying Izzy got maimed, Strickland is pillow fisted from what I've seen so the fact that Izzy got dropped alone is shocking tbh, but he got soundly outclassed.
Never called those guys that Chael lost to no names. There were other losses that were no names. The path that Anderson took after his no name losses compared to Chael's isn't a fair one so I'm not sure where you're going with that. One guy went on to finish elite opponents, the other got to 10 losses

To your point about Anderson not being in danger of losing any of those fights with Cote, Leites and Maia, you're once again proving my point. Those dudes had zero for Anderson. Strickland actually took the fight to Izzy, unlike those 3. Anderson still had dud performances in those and didn't try to do anything either

Is it knocking Anderson or just simply saying what happened? That streak of fights people were definitely getting riled up about his effort. I am not making that up or even using it as criticism. It literally happened

Izzy was absolutely fine after the fight. He had a little shiner under his eye and that's it. He got out jabbed after he got dropped

Izzy almost got stopped by Kelvin Gastelum.

…people forget that.

What? This is some fake news. He got rocked with a head kick but wasn't even close to sniffing a stoppage cause KG went for a takedown and Izzy recovered.
I get you're trying to make a point but come on man, that was a close fight but the only time it nearly got stopped was end of the 5th round when Izzy kept dropping KG.

I'd say Gastelum had him in some real danger. It's hard to say how close he was to getting stopped, because even Pereira never put Izzy out cold in the UFC to be fair, but he was definitely in some danger.

Maaan. I admit poor performance by Izzy. But we are rewriting his legacy.

His run could be over though. There are wolves on the horizon.

It's crazy how one fight can change things but that is the sport. Folks were calling Woodley possibly the greatest welterweight of all time until Usman destroyed him. Aldo was the certified featherweight goat until Max. And then Max was looking like the goat until Volk. Now the convo is up in the air. Just how it goes.

I still think Izzy had a great run and is still the #2 middleweight of all time at this point. And the rematch win against Poatan was legendary. Despite everything I've said here so far :lol:, I actually am a fan and I still think highly of the guy, especially how active he stayed and how willing he was to fight every top contender. He didn't have to go along with fast tracking Poatan but he did, he actually hyped the fight even more. This loss to Strickland just puts a dent in things because of the way he lost.

If they rematch and he somehow comes back with a dominant performance it could switch the narrative again for sure. But if he comes back and loses to Strickland again it might be worse tbh. This just isn't the guy that was supposed to take he belt off him, but whatever. Maybe the weirdest championship upset win of all time.

Never called those guys that Chael lost to no names. There were other losses that were no names. The path that Anderson took after his no name losses compared to Chael's isn't a fair one so I'm not sure where you're going with that. One guy went on to finish elite opponents, the other got to 10 losses

To your point about Anderson not being in danger of losing any of those fights with Cote, Leites and Maia, you're once again proving my point. Those dudes had zero for Anderson. Strickland actually took the fight to Izzy, unlike those 3. Anderson still had dud performances in those and didn't try to do anything either

Is it knocking Anderson or just simply saying what happened? That streak of fights people were definitely getting riled up about his effort. I am not making that up or even using it as criticism. It literally happened

Izzy was absolutely fine after the fight. He had a little shiner under his eye and that's it. He got out jabbed after he got dropped

They had no capability of taking the fight to Anderson because they would've got knocked out is the part you're missing. There was nobody who took the fight to Anderson who didn't get stopped, including Chael, twice. And of course Weidman when Anderson was already an old man. I don't even understand you comparing these things bruh, it's nonsensical. There's no comparable Anderson performance to what happened last night with Izzy, that's it and that's all, end of story.

I'd say Gastelum had him in some real danger. It's hard to say how close he was to getting stopped, because even Pereira never put Izzy out cold in the UFC to be fair, but he was definitely in some danger.

It's crazy how one fight can change things but that is the sport. Folks were calling Woodley possibly the greatest welterweight of all time until Usman destroyed him. Aldo was the certified featherweight goat until Max. And then Max was looking like the goat until Volk. Now the convo is up in the air. Just how it goes.

I still think Izzy had a great run and is still the #2 middleweight of all time at this point. And the rematch win against Poatan was legendary. Despite everything I've said here so far :lol:, I actually am a fan and I still think highly of the guy, especially how active he stayed and how willing he was to fight every top contender. He didn't have to go along with fast tracking Poatan but he did, he actually hyped the fight even more. This loss to Strickland just puts a dent in things because of the way he lost.

If they rematch and he somehow comes back with a dominant performance it could switch the narrative again for sure. But if he comes back and loses to Strickland again it might be worse tbh. This just isn't the guy that was supposed to take he belt off him, but whatever. Maybe the weirdest championship upset win of all time.
Now this I 100% agree with

A lot of people in here were absolutely certain Izzy couldn't beat Alex and it was a wrap

You mentioned Usman, hell I thought he was on his way to WW goat status until he all of a sudden wasn't

I don't think we can write stories too soon in this sport. i.e. Strickland- maybe he isn't that mid? idk

Are Leties, Cote, etc. mid? idk

They had no capability of taking the fight to Anderson because they would've got knocked out is the part you're missing. There was nobody who took the fight to Anderson who didn't get stopped, including Chael, twice. And of course Weidman when Anderson was already an old man. I don't even understand you comparing these things bruh, it's nonsensical. There's no comparable Anderson performance to what happened last night with Izzy, that's it and that's all, end of story.
I'm comparing it because people and Dana were literally upset with Anderson for the effort he was showing during those fights. I promise I am not making this up, like it was the narrative at the time

I'm comparing it because people and Dana were literally upset with Anderson for the effort he was showing during those fights. I promise I am not making this up, like it was the narrative at the time

Nah I'm not saying you're making it up man lol, I remember folks saying Anderson didn't show up. All I'm saying is the actual details of what actually happened during the fights are worlds apart. Last night was just wild.

Now this I 100% agree with

A lot of people in here were absolutely certain Izzy couldn't beat Alex and it was a wrap

You mentioned Usman, hell I thought he was on his way to WW goat status until he all of a sudden wasn't

I don't think we can write stories too soon in this sport. i.e. Strickland- maybe he isn't that mid? idk

Are Leties, Cote, etc. mid? idk

I do want to see what Strickland does moving forward. I don't think he holds onto that belt too long, but I guess we'll have to see though.

1694368682140.png

Y'all are overstating just how much Strickland "beat up" Izzy, like he had to go to the hospital. But go off
Over hype? Izzy was clearly broken. The dude continued to circle away in the 4th and 5th knowing he was down. Eugene told him after the 4th that he lost that round. Dude didn't want to fight him in the 5th. Theres a big reason he didnt want to stay in the pocket and exhange anymore because of what happened in the first round. He dominated Izzy numerically.

Yall know Izzy's one of my favorite fighters but if you didn't see a broken man in their by the the end of the fight then I don't know what to tell you. You can get dominated the whole fight without breaking anything or going to the hospital.

Like I said the all time greats always find a way to win no matter if it's their worst day. Anderson was getting dominated by Chael and still found a way too pull off the W. He still looked for a way to win no matter what. You really saw that in Izzy in the 5th round last night?

Over hype? Izzy was clearly broken. The dude continued to circle away in the 4th and 5th knowing he was down. Eugene told him after the 4th that he lost that round. Dude didn't want to fight him in the 5th. Theres a big reason he didnt want to stay in the pocket and exhange anymore because of what happened in the first round. He dominated Izzy numerically.

Yall know Izzy's one of my favorite fighters but if you didn't see a broken man in their by the the end of the fight then I don't know what to tell you. You can get dominated the whole fight without breaking anything or going to the hospital.

Like I said the all time greats always find a way to win no matter if it's their worst day. Anderson was getting dominated by Chael and still found a way too pull off the W. He still looked for a way to win no matter what. You really saw that in Izzy in the 5th round last night?
I am not saying he wasn't broken though. I am simply saying "beat his ***!!!" is overstating. I don't agree with that. He got dropped in round 1 for sure but after that he was jabbed for 4 rounds

He clearly was broken and dejected and didn't put his foot on the gas as I said in a post right above this one

You're arguing two different things here

I am not saying he wasn't broken though. I am simply saying "beat his ***!!!" is overstating. I don't agree with that. He got dropped in round 1 for sure but after that he was jabbed for 4 rounds

He clearly was broken and dejected and didn't put his foot on the gas as I said in a post right above this one

You're arguing two different things here
It kind of was an *** whooping/masterclass. If Strickland had more power Izzy would've been slept. Off the numbers alone it's a dominant performance. Maybe our definitions just differ. Getting dominated to me is an *** whooping. What Sandhagen did to Marlon Vera I'd consider the same thing. Even tho Chitos face was cleaner than Izzys.

Izzy landing only 14% of his SS thrown to the head is ****ing crazy.

What? This is some fake news. He got rocked with a head kick but wasn't even close to sniffing a stoppage cause KG went for a takedown and Izzy recovered.
I get you're trying to make a point but come on man, that was a close fight but the only time it nearly got stopped was end of the 5th round when Izzy kept dropping KG.
He got dropped, badly hurt and beat up.

Although he was able to pull out the victory.

…sound better?

A5BB7A94-492E-464D-834A-A489B15B5DB9.jpeg

Izzy got out sparred imo

If you want to take the knockdown and characterize that as getting his *** whooped, fair play

Izzy threw many kicks while Strickland threw many punches. Before and after the knockdown neither were landing much of devastating blows

Watched it again this morning and felt the same as the live viewing

all I pray is that izzy dont get that DDP fight and end up getting mollywhopped cause mans is looking very beatable

Izzy got out sparred imo

If you want to take the knockdown and characterize that as getting his *** whooped, fair play

Izzy threw many kicks while Strickland threw many punches. Before and after the knockdown neither were landing much of devastating blows

Watched it again this morning and felt the same as the live viewing
Doesn’t that make it more damning to his case for GOAT status?

To get consistently out struck over the course of five rounds by a guy who’s not a world class boxer or kickboxer and didn’t even attempt any takedowns.

It’s worse than Anderson Silva clowning around against Weidman and getting starched.

You can get your *** whooped in sparring too. Happened to me plenty times :lol:
Right, but you know what I’m saying no need to be dense

It was a hard spar but neither landed anything devastating before and after the knockdown

Izzy’s head wasn’t getting rocked back or anything

To get consistently out struck over the course of five rounds by a guy who’s not a world class boxer or kickboxer and didn’t even attempt any takedowns.

It’s worse than Anderson Silva clowning around against Weidman and getting starched.
Bro nobody’s making a case for goat status

I think the one thing we all agree on is that he clearly isn’t anderson silva and not a goat

THIS. The fact he got beat by Sean on the feet over the course of 25 mins. Also him not even making an attempt in the fifth round to try and get a finish knowing he was going to loose on cards. Pretty much already threw in the towel before the fight was over.

Back
Top Bottom