The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Sean ain’t fighting any of those wrestlers next

Sandhagen is an option due to style but he isn’t the foil Sean is probably looking for

If Cody was still winning and contending he’d be the right type of opponent

According to bisping, Aspinal also has all the tools to beat God as well.

LOL conor
F-WHdtKawAExDt7

55f812ea180000530061d12d.png

Last edited:
I mean Jorge was the one who popped off and interjected himself in the Ariel/Chael thing.

Chael just 10-8ing Masvidal.

I’ll allow it- it’s been long enough that someone called that douchebag out. He’s opened his mouth on plenty of others anyway bout time someone lobbed some insults his way

I haven’t seen Jiri fight enough to know how good his wrestling is.

If he has any at all, I would imagine we see it in this fight.
Jiri seems to have some wrestling ability but he'd rather fight like a "warrior" so who knows if he uses his wrestling in the fight. He's one of the most unpredictable fighters on the roster but he really can't afford to toy with Alex or risk getting headkick ko'ed or caught by a quick punch.

Fight is a pickem for me.

Surprised to see Gordon in the early prelims to be honest
The picks for this weekend :
TBH aside from POATAN AND NEW ——- I’m not confident on the others - this is a F it pick list

IMG_2002.jpeg

All I care about this weekend is AND NEWWWWWW

IMG_2003.gif

Jiri seems to have some wrestling ability but he'd rather fight like a "warrior" so who knows if he uses his wrestling in the fight. He's one of the most unpredictable fighters on the roster but he really can't afford to toy with Alex or risk getting headkick ko'ed or caught by a quick punch.

Fight is a pickem for me
In all betting sites odds they are a super pick em
Basically even

Aspinall and Sergei too-

Both those fights both fighters are -100/+100

Haven’t seen these close odds for back to back fights on a night before

Ariel wonders why everyone at ESPN looked down on him when he worked there.
Who looked down on him?

He appeared on the Pat Macafee (sp) show. He pops up on the Dan LeBetard show. He's on Bill Simmons.

ESPN needed a credible MMA "guy" on their network. Brett Okamoto wasn't him. Brett obviously is more diplomatic and tries to remain in the good graces of all parties. Ariel has a big platform (and gave the rub to DC who now has his own show with RC).

I don't like his SAS/Skip Bayless turn but we can't like it's all bad with the guy.

Who looked down on him?

He appeared on the Pat Macafee (sp) show. He pops up on the Dan LeBetard show. He's on Bill Simmons.

ESPN needed a credible MMA "guy" on their network. Brett Okamoto wasn't him. Brett obviously is more diplomatic and tries to remain in the good graces of all parties. Ariel has a big platform (and gave the rub to DC who now has his own show with RC).

I don't like his SAS/Skip Bayless turn but we can't like it's all bad with the guy.
He talked about it himself after he left ESPN.

We also acting like they don't have layoffs. Or folks like Dan LaBetard, Bill Simmons, etc didn't leave there and have negative things to share about their experience.

Ariel was doomed from day 1 when UFC signed that deal with ESPN.

I'm torn on the Jiri/Alex fight. I really hope Jiri is 100% from his shoulder injury. I like that he's had time off to let that chin rest some. Man got a Max Holloway type chin at 205 and he's going to need all of it against Poatan. If he eats clean shots from Alex for more than 2-3 rounds I'll be surprised as hell.

I think folks are sleeping on Sergei. Man's got a granite chin too. If he defends a couple takedowns from Tom and gets him in a brawl he'll definitely come out as the champ.

Back
Top Bottom