The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Renan Barao defended his interim title until they finally stripped Cruz.

Aspinall can defend his belt if he wants to fight in Spring. They bout due for another Europe card. Maybe load it with Arnold, Paddy, Molly and Aspinall and some other folks like Mokaev, etc.

Why can't he defend the Interim?
didn't know what about Barao, that makes it possible then

lightweight disrespectful to Tom

Just unify it and winner gets Jon.

Simple and the fans win.

If Tom beats stipe, he gets all the momentum he need for a fight against Jon and it becomes a classic old lion vs young lion match up

If Stipe win, we realize Tommy wasn't ready and Stipe was the better fight all along....

either way, we win.

Sounds like Dana doesn't want diminishing returns on UFC 300 with Conor. He can go on a different PPV and make a killing while making a killing on 300 with others

“We were hoping for April. That was the hope. That was what we were told. And now it seems to be the summertime,” Kavanagh said Monday on The MMA Hour.

“I don’t know [why]. That’s literally what we were having a bit of a back and forward [about] today.”

Sounds like Dana doesn't want diminishing returns on UFC 300 with Conor. He can go on a different PPV and make a killing while making a killing on 300 with others

“We were hoping for April. That was the hope. That was what we were told. And now it seems to be the summertime,” Kavanagh said Monday on The MMA Hour.

“I don’t know [why]. That’s literally what we were having a bit of a back and forward [about] today.”

Surprised Dana is going this route considering how much he’s catered to Conor. Having said that, what other main event could be as big of a draw for 300? Doesn’t sound like Jon Jones would be ready by April.

Surprised Dana is going this route considering how much he’s catered to Conor. Having said that, what other main event could be as big of a draw for 300? Doesn’t sound like Jon Jones would be ready by April.
I wonder if this means that Conor doesn't have as much pull or if that means they're going to absolutely empty the bank to convince him to fight elsewhere

Calm your *** down leon

There’s still this dude on your ***

IMG_2038.gif

Just don’t know why they keep giving scrubs to shavkat and not someone in the top 5 with his unbeaten streak

Same problem islam had on his way to the belt, NO ONE wants to fight shavkat. Only reason wonderboy took the fight is cause they told him he’s got a title shot with a win.

GOAT post fight interview.

Because of the language, you don't detect the troll job. But even in trolling, he's at least a lil bit respectful and reverent lol.

Transcript had a totally different feel than when the translator did it. Transcript was a lot more respectful, until he says in English, come to daddy :lol:

Rewatched the fight. That entire sequence from the walkout music, to the in cage face-off, the over Jiri's shoulder camera angle of Poatan, and the intros, that **** was so damn intense. It's been a while since any face-off gave me that type of feeling.

Transcript had a totally different feel than when the translator did it. Transcript was a lot more respectful, until he says in English, come to daddy :lol:

Rewatched the fight. That entire sequence from the walkout music, to the in cage face-off, the over Jiri's shoulder camera angle of Poatan, and the intros, that **** was so damn intense. It's been a while since any face-off gave me that type of feeling.
I feel like both translators give a quicker response than what was actually said

Even in olívieras post fight interview after he fought Beniel tons of Brazilians in the YouTube comment section said the translator did a poor job translating what he was saying

Can’t say hill isn’t trying to stir up interest in the Alex fight. Bruv is going crazy with it lol. Meanwhile alex hasn’t said much lol

Because he’s not the dancing partner Alex called out.

I’d like to see it though. Jamahal tends to favor stand up so it could be an exciting fight.

But it’s all going to change if he don’t check them calf kicks lol.

The only person I’d probably not want to see is Magomedov (sp). My man has had two back to back stinkers.

I’m still convinced Magomedov is cursed by a gypsy somewhere. His only loss he was winning for 14 minutes and got caught in a submission loss right at the buzzer. Has had two weird no contest fights that have been forced to run back, and his only title fight ends up in a weird draw as well.

And I still hear people in the mma community saying this guy is the best 205er all around.

Because he’s not the dancing partner Alex called out.
This, Alex is getting into his upper 30s so not surprised to see him going after a big fight. Hill doesn't really move the needle. Don't get me wrong I want to see the Hill fight though and want Izzy to come back late spring/early summer at MW.

I disagree with many views Dana has and seems like most here share the same sentiments. That said he's at a point in his business career where he's made hundreds of millions (maybe over 500 even) and most of what he says won't really get him in any trouble financially. He's been supporting Trump for years now and they can probably afford to lose a major sponsor here and there as others will slide right in to take their place.

Him getting mad when asked about co-promoting with the PFL for a JJ-Francis fight wasn't outside the norm given his past. While us hardcore MMA fans and some casuals now coming off Francis going toe-to-toe with Fury would love to see it, it just doesn't benefit the UFC hugely for them to entertain it. Especially when no one in the HW division outside the UFC save for Francis is even talked about. Plus the UFC would be the A-side in all facets. Jones is still leaps and bounds more known than Francis and we all know that. If Francis were to starch JJ it would also be a very bad look for the UFC. #tldr it aint happening unless Francis somehow got out of his PFL deal and UFC even met him in the middle with his contract wants.

I'm convince that Dana White is a sociopath.

...he checks most of the boxes for Anti-Social Personality Disorder.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2023/11...-they-demanded-remove-post-about-donald-trump
I just heard this video. They also go hard on the CEP of Peloton for going after Theo interviewing Robert F Kennedy Jr. Dana said he is throwing out all is Peloton bikes after the podcast.

I'm convince that Dana White is a sociopath.

...he checks most of the boxes for Anti-Social Personality Disorder.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2023/11...-they-demanded-remove-post-about-donald-trump
Rich insert description has far right views during a time in American culture which shuns them.

As long as he doesn’t arm his fighters and tell them to storm the capital, I’m good.

It’s just wild Old Lighthearted Theo has him on his platform and they’re talking about slap not even a year after his incident lol. Telling another man they’re being dumb in asking a question. Man got caught slapping his wife on camera like a dummy. Meanwhile Old Jonathan Majors is getting cancelled from MCU.

Back
Top Bottom