The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Yeah, I’m skeptical on saying this is for sure better for mma and the sport and the fighters overall

I don’t trust pfl. Their format sucks. Their pacing sucks. Their marketing sucks

Bellator clearly had a much better roster and talent than PFL, so that’s obviously a huge benefit. But does this really mean more money for everyone? Does this mean more opportunities? A lot yet to be seen

Also curious how the contracts will fold over

I don’t see them being able to acquire every single Bellator fighter and keeping every single pfl fighter

How does the pfl have enough money for all of this

Doesn't seem like they're planning to when they say that Bellator will be overseas.

I better get ****ing Doumbé vs Lima, Amasov, JJ

They need to get serious with lazy king and doumbe. The pfl roster sucks balls and it was hilarious that people were ever considering them the #2 promotion before this merger

But anyway, early ideal champion vs champion matches:

Lazy King vs McKee or Lazy king vs usman for the 155 title

Doumbe vs Jason Jackson or doumbe vs amosov for the 170 title

Also curious how the contracts will fold over

I don’t see them being able to acquire every single Bellator fighter and keeping every single pfl fighter

How does the pfl have enough money for all of this
They can. I've pointed out before that they're investors are a bunch of billionaires who already own major sports teams. Also the Saudi funds backing them.

Doesn't seem like they're planning to when they say that Bellator will be overseas.

I better get ****ing Doumbé vs Lima, Amasov, JJ
They can still merge into one overall roster and run overseas right?

I agree with the doumbe vs those guys, I just hope Lima isn’t washed

They can. I've pointed out before that they're investors are a bunch of billionaires who already own major sports teams. Also the Saudi funds backing them.
They’ll need that Saudi money especially if Francis ever comes over

Im gonna wait for this interview with Ariel though. Im still skeptical

Well, Alex, could also point out how you might be living in the past and how brutal the sport can be to guys your age regardless of prior accolades

Meanwhile I don’t think the ufc will sit on this and probably break some kind of big news lmao

At the same time, I also wonder what this actually does to push the ufc

This merger doesn’t seem like a true threat to the ufc quite yet, at least on paper

Everyone always says “competition is better!!!”

Well two of the biggest competitors just became one, I’d hope some of the experts out there can shed light on how this can really put pressure on the ufc

UFC got bigger fish to fry with the judge deny8ng their motion and moving ahead with the trial this past weekend.

It won't impact the UFC in the short term. In the long term it can Plat a big deal. All depends how the lawsuit ends and if the restricted contracts become a thing of the past.

UFC got bigger fish to fry with the judge deny8ng their motion and moving ahead with the trial this past weekend.

It won't impact the UFC in the short term. In the long term it can Plat a big deal. All depends how the lawsuit ends and if the restricted contracts become a thing of the past.
Yup, unless the ufc is forced to change the way they negotiate contracts this merger might not be a blip on the radar

That trial could hurt PFBellator too. They’re be forced to change their contracts as well.

PFL doesn’t seem posed to threaten UFC. And you can have backers and Nations performing sports washing but at the end of the day if you don’t have product that puts butts in seats or eyes on PPV streams, it’s pointless. Is ESPN supposed to pay for both Bellator and PFL media contract? Could Netflix? Amazon in bed with OneFC.

I know Netflix has said they don't want to do live sports and it seems the reason is because they don't control the organization around the games. However, it seems like only a matter of time before they get something like the NBA in season tournament, a PFL, boxing or some other sport.

The UFC definitely isn't feeling threatened in the least by this merger, Bellator has/had a great roster but outside of the hardcore MMA fans they never really had a legit star. None of their guys really had big moments, closest might have been MVP with his viral K.O. and pokemon celebration. They got Fedor way too late and their CBS cards never really generated hype. I think PFL needs a major rebrand and hopefully they make some changes in 2024.

Back
Top Bottom