The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Eventually it's going to all become one League/organization, similar to the ABA/NBA
Yeah I’ve always felt this way. There’s no way they’re gonna be running multiple leagues long term it makes no sense

Hearing everyone’s reactions too, they’ve brought up that many orgs tried to say the same thing before— run two brands— but that never became permanent

Yeah I’ve always felt this way. There’s no way they’re gonna be running multiple leagues long term it makes no sense

Hearing everyone’s reactions too, they’ve brought up that many orgs tried to say the same thing before— run two brands— but that never became permanent
i'm still hurt from dana acting like zuffa was gonna keep pride running back in the day :lol:

i'm still hurt from dana acting like zuffa was gonna keep pride running back in the day :lol:
Yeah they brought pride up as an example

Also people brought up that they’re only doing this separate thing due to sponsor and broadcast obligations. After those are met is when everyone will fold into one league

Reactions: OTG
Wait…did you say there were established boxing organizations charging the fighters a cut as well as the owners and governing body of the titles?

Is there an Ali Act in that sport?

Already a sea full of promoters?

Boxers making goodt money getting 25% or more from a cards revenue?

I could see them enticing new fighters with $10K/$10K. But Dana announced it years ago and was pretty much blocked or stone walled by the industry (Arums, Espinozas, De La Hoyas, Hearns, etc).

Really only interested in the OAM/Collard fight and Brunsons debut. Hope their pacing isn't terrible between fights like their first ppv.

Supposedly a few of the Bellator champs are in attendance. I'm guessing they face them off with the winners to set up the champ vs. champ card.

Remember this about their 185 lb. fight between Cooper and Brunson:

Cooper is fighting up in weight at 185 when he's really a 170'er. Brunson is going to fight in the PFL 205 lb. division during the season...

It literally makes zero sense. It. makes. no. sense.

Oh, and Cooper also missed weight anyway by a pound :lol:

Is the P really Professional? Bush league antics there.

Like Vince said…that fight don’t even make sense. Cooper will probably move to PPV fights or go back to season.

Brunson is going to compete at 205... so I don't understand why he's fighting a 170'er :lol:

Like, he's not fighting a can at 205 as a warmup. He's not fighting a can at 185 as a warmup

He's going to fight a 170'er who might actually f around and BEAT him :rofl:

What is the point of any of this :rofl:

There's nothing to gain for the promotion by making this fight

Brunsons chin is going to get trashed at 205. Cooper dropped that man on one leg when Brunson caught his kick :lol:

Why tf are there mid fight interviews/analysis with random people on the screen? They're already covering almost the entire bottom of the screen with a bunch of useless stats. Now they've added a zoom window with Wiz Khalifa, Jake Paul, and Ryan Bader telling me what's happening in the fight :lol: .

They had Bader taking up screen time for most of the HW title fight only for Ferreira to no sell and not even mention the guy. He went straight to shooting his shot at Francis :rofl:

Those who watched the card, was it good?

I read the results on ESPN on was like whatevs.

Does PFL still have a TV contract with ESPN? I hope they promote the hell out of the card. Bring buzz to their guys and Bellator’s. I got Bellator’s folks in most of the matchups. And what does PFL do for women’s fly and featherweight? Larissa could become a big star and they still got Carmouche. And Patchy has to be in the mix. And Horiguichi.

Back
Top Bottom