The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Right I agree with almost everything you’re saying. But clearly Gsp was more well received by fans than Leon is

Leon is a bore and not an exciting fighter on top of not being a hit with non UK fans. This is why he is not the prototypical 300 fighter
Agreed.

But don’t you think race plays a factor in all this?

I remember Anderson Silva getting booed against Chael Sonnen, back when Anderson was far and away the best, most exciting fighter in the world.

I’ll never forget watching Rampage against Forrest Griffin in a bar full of newbie fans and everyone was going crazy for Forrest Griffin.

…it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Agreed.

I remember Anderson Silva getting booed against Chael Sonnen, back when Anderson was far and away the best, most exciting fighter in the world.

I’ll never forget watching Rampage against Forrest Griffin in a bar full of newbie fans and everyone was going crazy for Forrest Griffin.

…it left a bad taste in my mouth.
Most likely yes amongst other reasons

Gsp was really one of a kind. I don’t think you’ll get another nice guy boring fighter megastar for a long long time if ever again

Plus Gsp wasn’t always boring. He just fought safe after he won so many times which I can’t blame him

Aldo did similar thing

Agreed.

Anderson got boo'd because he was a Brazilian fighting in California, it had nothing to do with race.

I remember that fight very well, its was a pro USA crowd and Chael had been playing up the USA vs Brazil bit heavy leading up to the fight.

It was USA chants that entire fight.

Anderson got boo'd because he was a Brazilian fighting in California had nothing to do with race.

I remember that fight very well, its was a pro USA crowd and Chael had been playing up the USA vs Brazil bit heavy leading up to the fight.
That may have been part of it, but if you don’t think race played a factor, then I think you‘re kidding yourself.

Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Rampage, Demetrius Johnson…Francis Ngannou.

None of those guys were ever beloved by fans the way Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell, GSP and Conor were.

It was always this way.

Doods just got sucked into his gimmick and caught in their own feelings.
I was definitely mad as hell at him at the height of trump being in office and when colby was going at the “entitled” football and basketball players

Very race bait stuff that got to me

But ever since he beat jorge and disappeared, I really don’t see the point in taking him seriously. He’s a full fledged actor

I was definitely mad as hell at him at the height of trump being in office and when colby was going at the “entitled” football and basketball players

Very race bait stuff that got to me

But ever since he beat jorge and disappeared, I really don’t see the point in taking him seriously. He’s a full fledged actor
I dig it. Respect.

They way I always looked at it was.....you cant let SOMEONE ELSE control YOUR emotions.

That may have been part of it, but if you don’t think race played a factor, then I think you‘re kidding yourself.

Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Rampage, Demetrius Johnson…Francis Ngannou.

None of those guys were ever beloved by fans the way Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell, GSP and Conor were.
I dunno daaahhhg

Black folks been running MMA for a long time, I don't think this is baseball homie.

-Jon is considered the unanimous GOAT, MMA's longest standing champion, one of the highest paid UFC guys in all time earnings, multiple big name sponsorships, HOF......
-Anderson is considered the best striker of all time, was UFC long standing champion, was the FACE of the UFC, and made ALOT of money during his run., multiple sponsorships, HOF
-Rampage was the highest paid UFC champion during his time, was the face of the UFC and had many sponsorships and media opportunities OUTSIDE MMA
-Demetrius is considered the most complete fighter of all time, top 3 by many, might not have made the money the others did (DUE TO HIS SIZE NOT SKIN COLOR) but was still paid handsomely compared to his white peers, long standing champion, sponsorships HOF
-Francis Nganuu...the UFC pushed him SO HARD before he was even champion and gave him the conor treatment, UFC champion, paid more than 80% of the roster, many endorsments outside of MMA

Im not sure where you seeing the oppression for the guys you listed? Black fighters have always been beloved in MMA

MMA international, very diverse.

But I guess you see whatever you want to see.

I dunno daaahhhg

Black folks been running MMA for a long time, I don't think this is baseball homie.

-Jon is considered the unanimous GOAT, MMA's longest standing champion, one of the highest paid UFC guys in all time earnings, multiple big name sponsorships, HOF......
-Anderson is considered the best striker of all time, was UFC long standing champion, was the FACE of the UFC, and made ALOT of money during his run., multiple sponsorships, HOF
-Rampage was the highest paid UFC champion during his time, was the face of the UFC and had many sponsorships and media opportunities OUTSIDE MMA
-Demetrius is considered the most complete fighter of all time, top 3 by many, might not have made the money the others did (DUE TO HIS SIZE NOT SKIN COLOR) but was still paid handsomely compared to his white peers, long standing champion, sponsorships HOF
-Francis Nganuu...the UFC pushed him SO HARD before he was even champion and gave him the conor treatment, UFC champion, paid more than 80% of the roster, many endorsments outside of MMA

Im not sure where you seeing the oppression for the guys you listed? Black fighters have always been beloved in MMA

MMA international, very diverse.

But I guess you see whatever you want to see.
I’m talking about fan response, nothing else.

I can’t think of a black fighter who’s ever been as beloved by fans as Conor MacGregor, Chuck Liddell, GSP or Randy Couture.

Don’t say Anderson or Jon Jones.

Cuz that ain’t true.

I’m talking about fan response, nothing else.

I can’t think of a black fighter who’s ever been as beloved by fans as Conor MacGregor, Chuck Liddell, GSP or Randy Couture.

Don’t say Anderson or Jon Jones.

Cuz that ain’t true.
Anderson Silva is UNIVERSALLY beloved, who the **** hates the SPIDER??????

MANY people HATE Conor McGregor, its pretty split.

How long you been watching MMA?

What are you talking about man?

Back
Top Bottom