The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Dana came a long way from these times. The protector of "free speech"

Oof, I just read what Nate tweeted. Pretty bad

Dana is obviously a bad liar but context

This was in 2013. They had just got the fox deal in 2011. They really felt like they were doing something to elevate themselves and had sights set on even bigger things

This was pre wme purchase. When dude is hurling out the f bomb back then it’s kind of a difference

Obviously post wme it’s only empowered Dana to not care at all… though I do now wonder what he would do if Strickland used the f word slur like that

By the eye test I actually feel like 2-4 for ddp is kind of realistic

Even though he didn’t do much damage off takedowns- they definitely helped slow down Sean’s offense and potentially his gas tank

Damb I actually felt like it was a solid scrap. Way better than Strickland izzy

I don’t think Strickland looked bad tonight he looked as good as he did against izzy. It’s just that izzy tucked tail unlike ddp

Yeah, nah it wasn't a terrible fight or anything I just expected Strickland to push the pace a little more. Dricus just has a weird *** awkward style though, plus the wrestling, I'm sure that factored into it.

But yeah the fact that Izzy got dropped and then folded against a guy that never really put Dricus in any substantial trouble is pretty wild. Styles make fights of course but still, who would've guessed.

Yeah idc man. Chimaevs availability is always in question. If he can somehow fight get him in there
Chimaev/DDP for Saudia Arabia? Or rematch for Strickland/DDP?

If Izzy No Showed, we’re not quite sure when he comes back or if he wants a tune up.

Edit:the thread title lol. But now it has to be changed to Drikkus, the first African raised champion lol.

Last edited:
really didn’t surprise me that Strickland loss. All week he’s looked defeated and been weirdly nice. Was doing a ton of interviews discussing when he loses the belt. Feel like he can’t mentally deal with being the favorite/champion and needs that underdog chip. Deals with some deep imposter syndrome

Yeah, nah it wasn't a terrible fight or anything I just expected Strickland to push the pace a little more. Dricus just has a weird *** awkward style though, plus the wrestling, I'm sure that factored into it.

But yeah the fact that Izzy got dropped and then folded against a guy that never really put Dricus in any substantial trouble is pretty wild. Styles make fights of course but still, who would've guessed.
They both got weird *** styles

Strickland was doing work imo ddp eye was mangled, a lot more damage was done imo to ddp than izzy. But that’s probably because ddp didn’t just go on his back foot like izzy did

It was a super close fight. A lot of people had Sean winning even Dana

really didn’t surprise me that Strickland loss. All week he’s looked defeated and been weirdly nice. Was doing a ton of interviews discussing when he loses the belt. Feel like he can’t mentally deal with being the favorite/champion and needs that underdog chip. Deals with some deep imposter syndrome
With that being said I mean it was a razor thin close fight lol

Again, a lot of people thought Sean won

So I don’t really buy into all of that stuff…

I needed to see sean repeat a great performance and imo he did just that

Now a match with sean vs the rest of the division idk if I’d favor him but if he’s focused and motivated he’s going to be a tough out

Super close fight

Media was very split on it, I will watch the main guys I care about today to see their opinions (mmafighting and morning kombat maybe even big John and josh)

40F454BF-6250-40CE-9744-0347DCC5D757.png

Back
Top Bottom