The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

I want to see shavkat/Leon NOW. Just feel like we’re putting off the inevitable having shavkat fight anyone else but for the title
Same man. With who is available I'm guessing Leon is headlining 302 and the way they been doing Belal, wouldn't be surprised if Shavkats the opponent.

Dustin rebounded from that savage head kick KO to deliver a nice TKO on BSD.

I listen to his interviews. I can understand his reluctance sometimes to fight these young or lower ranked killers. He’s gone from killer to killer through his career. Last four were Charles to Chandler to Gaethje to BSD. He’s always gave his 100% and heart. No one will ever say he was a point fighter. He was a boring fighter. Always delivers an exciting fight.

Like Vince said…he’ll probably lose to Islam. Islam is huge for the division. Has incredible wrestling and is more competent at striking than Khabib. Diamond will probably go down as one of the great hall of fame MMA fighters to never win a belt.

Dustin rebounded from that savage head kick KO to deliver a nice TKO on BSD.

I listen to his interviews. I can understand his reluctance sometimes to fight these young or lower ranked killers. He’s gone from killer to killer through his career. Last four were Charles to Chandler to Gaethje to BSD. He’s always gave his 100% and heart. No one will ever say he was a point fighter. He was a boring fighter. Always delivers an exciting fight.

Like Vince said…he’ll probably lose to Islam. Islam is huge for the division. Has incredible wrestling and is more competent at striking than Khabib. Diamond will probably go down as one of the great hall of fame MMA fighters to never win a belt.

Islam is running through most of the division except Arman, imo.

I still got Tony ahead of Dustin for best to never win undisputed. That 12 fight win streak was insane. Still hate that he never even got the opportunity to fight for it. Hendo and Gustaffson are definitely on the Mt. Rushmore as well.

Dustin still has an incredible HOF type resumé though. Always game to fight whoever.

At first thought I felt like Dustin easily had a better resume than Tony. Closer look at I give Tony a bit more credit but I’m still going with Dustin

Yeah he didn’t have 12 fight streak but pound for pound looking at each of their wins and where their opponents were at in their careers of the time of those wins… Dustin beat more names and who were just better caliber at the time

Even guys like duffy and yancy.. Dustin beat them when they were at their peaks and surging

Imo there’s no way you say Tony had a better career

I just went on Wikipedia and viewed their records. Dustin has the better resume imo. He’s got names on his resume that are respect and still relevant today. He does have some disappointing losses like Johnson but overall he’s had an incredible career. And I can tell he’ll have a better idea of when to exit unlike Tony.

That run Tony went on was crazy. And he definitely should have gotten a title shot. That injury was such bad luck/timing. And then the door was shut with the murderers row he faced afterwards (Gaethje>Oliviera>Dariush). The Chandler>Green>Pimblett skid are probably a result of being older, slower reflexes and fast twitch muscles, etc.

Do you remember the crazy talk? Tony is a great striker. Tony is unpredictable. Tony is a great grappler. Tony sharp elbows would slice Khabib from below.

It's also a weird type of symmetry. Dustin weathered the Gaethje storm. Justin used to be barbaric and constantly pressing. He became more calculated due to his Porier loss. And used his new found patience to head kick KO Diamond to the next dimension.

Islam and Justin had two of the most savage and spectacular KOs last year.

Do you remember the crazy talk? Tony is a great striker. Tony is unpredictable. Tony is a great grappler. Tony sharp elbows would slice Khabib from below.
I was one of the believers in Tony but didn't think he'd maul Khabib. Thought it'd be a close fight and Tony could pull off a late sub.

For overall legacy it definitely goes to DP. Outside of the MJ loss in 16' he's only loss to top 5 guys since then. As impressive as Tony's streak was several of the wins have little name value and haven't aged well.

Sterling is doing what he needs to do to get views and go to bat for merab. I get it

And if anyone wants to make the case that vera “wasn’t a good win” then sure, I guess go ahead. I wouldn’t at all agree with it though

But what did sterling want outside of merab being in that spot?

Sandhagen is hurt right?

Sterling got slept

Yan had an argument of beating O’Malley but then he went on to get dominated by merab

Cejudo lost to Sterling and then lost to merab

yadong maybe had a case over vera? Probably not though

Figgy and font? Hell no

All his ranking talk is pointless and stupid

Didn't take damage AND has hurt ribs from Gamrot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man has to take any opportunity that comes his way for a title but at least give us a wink.

Aljo should just focus on his Katar fight as a win there puts him right in the FW mix. Could find himself in the title picture late this year to early next year if things fall his way. Though I know his relationship with the brass is up and down. But hey if he wins impressively it could put him in the Spain sweepstakes to fight Ilia.

I'll really be impressed if O'Malley is able to beat Merab and Sandhagen though.

I'll really be impressed if O'Malley is able to beat Merab and Sandhagen though.
Styles make fights but I'd really like to see O'Malley versus Sandhagen. Merab presents a cardio, unrelenting pressure. But as folks have identified, his striking is sloppy. Umar has great Dagestani wrestling and decent striking. Sandhagen is sort of the best all around fighter (outside of Henry) that could challenge O'Malley on the feet or threaten with takedown.

Back
Top Bottom