The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

It’s all the same playbook:

Conor Mcgregor

Double Champ

Box such and such from the P4P for the great bag.

Also great conversation about Kayla on the RingerMMA show. Like Ariel brought up she wants to win at the highest level of MMA, face the biggest names in Women’s MMA and endure the challenge of moving down to 135 (she’s a big gal).

It’s all the same playbook:

Conor Mcgregor

Double Champ

Box such and such from the P4P for the great bag.

Also great conversation about Kayla on the RingerMMA show. Like Ariel brought up she wants to win at the highest level of MMA, face the biggest names in Women’s MMA and endure the challenge of moving down to 135 (she’s a big gal).
They also made great points on Donn Davis having sour grapes and how Coker wished Chandler well upon his Bellator departure. This situation reminds me a bit of the Cavs owner bashing Lebron when he left to Miami (much different circumstances and impact but you get the comparison). Along with Mousasi being released after his contract situation things aren't looking too great for PFL. From outside looking in I think they need a new PR person and/or someone who knows the fight business better as this guy is really giving them a bad rep less than a year after buying Bellator.

Kinda hope Izzy can come back and smoke DDP.

I have much more interest in a Izzy/khamzat buildup than I would ddp/khamzat.

Also khamzat gotta get through Whittaker which won’t be a cake walk either.

They shouldve just came out from the start about Bellator renewing some of their contracts right before being sold. If PFL was up front about that in the first place the blow back wouldn't have been so bad.

Coker was really looking out for some of his fighters before selling. Moussasi making 850k is wild :lol:

They also made great points on Donn Davis having sour grapes and how Coker wished Chandler well upon his Bellator departure. This situation reminds me a bit of the Cavs owner bashing Lebron when he left to Miami (much different circumstances and impact but you get the comparison). Along with Mousasi being released after his contract situation things aren't looking too great for PFL. From outside looking in I think they need a new PR person and/or someone who knows the fight business better as this guy is really giving them a bad rep less than a year after buying Bellator.
That dude said Dana was worried. Naw, fam.

They’re a distant two with One.

Everyone want to ish on Ariel but journalistically he brought up Doumbe, signing Paul Hughes, the deal with Max and possibly the PPV in September.

But if fighters are complaining about not getting fights and stuck in purgatory that’s wild. It’s not the PFL fault but Diamond bringing up his boys medical insurance issues was a black eye too. Ishing on the biggest “Star” they had wasn’t a good look. Be grateful and wish her well.

We still don’t know what the point of announcing Jake Paul was. And, personally, I stopped caring about their seasons after the second. The rules are lame and the talent isn’t Bellator or UFC level ( prior to the purchase). And they could easily pump out a Bellator card every three weeks (or every two). And then say in 2025 say they’re moving in a new direction seasonless (or do it for newer guys) and more about establishing bigger names in the sport.

They shouldve just came out from the start about Bellator renewing some of their contracts right before being sold. If PFL was up front about that in the first place the blow back wouldn't have been so bad.

Coker was really looking out for some of his fighters before selling. Moussasi making 850k is wild :lol:
lol. A milli is wild for an old fighter. They thought they were being cheeky. Should’ve just evaluated the contracts and decided then by Feb-March let them be free agents.

Wow 303 needed a shot in the arm. Also that presser in Dublin gonna be wild. Can't remember last time they did a presser outside the host city/state (not including May-Mac as that was boxing).

LOL yall be in here crying about fighter pay but 850k is too much for Moussasi

which one is it?
Well at least Uncle Dana honored the Pride and Strikeforce guys contracts, I.E. Overeem still getting nice checks post Strikeforce. Well he was the outlier I believe and then you had a guy like Mark Hunt who was gonna be bought out but fought out his contract and made a name for himself in the UFC (before things went the way they did towards end of his UFC career).

Sidenote: I'm sure others guys got screwed after Pride/Strikeforce so take the above as potentially exceptions and not rules.

If Roundtree was on it it would have been better. the story behind his banned supplement is beyond frustrating. the company wrongfully sent him stuff that wasn't really authorized to be shipped

Honestly rountree by merit was pretty close to a title shot. Say he beat Hill, I mean that's enough imo but at worst one more win after that

ulberg is a great replacement though, probably a better opponent for Hill all things considered

If one were to view the Conor/Chander fight as a must watch then I could see it being called a borderline banger card

LOL yall be in here crying about fighter pay but 850k is too much for Moussasi

which one is it?
I’m all for folks getting paid.

But his contract was a result of Bellator trying to be a #2 circa post Zuffa sale. Bout the time period they signed Rory and Mousasi.

When they signed him, he was a legit top middleweight. It is the year of our lord 2024…he’s not worth it. Nor is he a huge name.

PFL shouldn’t have taken those contracts if they were too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom