The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

I'm glad he believes it because I sure as hell don't.. He's gonna be food to terminator.

Yeah I gave him literally no chance but for some reason I got convinced differently

The conviction in his voice, Ariel even said it too. No BS

I've looked at his fights in the UFC again, just didn't do much for me. He's a veteran and complete fighter though and I know he's training hard

Last edited:
Eddie trying to get in on the red panty night :lol:

The Conor hype train bout to come to a screeching halt when he takes another L from Nate and then Frankie after he washes Aldo.

Also funny that Holly doesn't get a rematch but Ronda is getting the winner of Taint and Nunes :rofl:

All about the $$$ of course.

Last edited:
Eddie doesn't care about money anymore. I think he got paid a lot by coming over to the UFC

He only cares about getting the belt now, Conor is far from his mind. Even Khabib

In late 2012, the UFC offered free agent Eddie Alvarez an eight-fight contract.

The contract consisted of an initial base salary at $70,000 with a $70,000 win bonus, with $5,000 increments each time Alvarez won. Additionally, the contract awarded Alvarez pay-per-view profits in his first fight and any subsequent bout in which he defended a UFC title. He was also to receive a $250,000 signing bonus, to be paid over three installments.

Alvarez, 30, accepted the deal but (as everyone knows by now) didn’t join the UFC. His former employer, Bellator MMA, exercised its right to match the deal. Alvarez, following a legal dispute with Bellator, eventually returned to its cage in 2013.

Earlier this week, Alvarez (25-3) received his unconditional release from Bellator and immediately agreed to a UFC contract. He will fight Donald Cerrone in the co-main event of UFC 178 on Sept. 27 in Las Vegas.

The second UFC president Dana White announced Alvarez’ UFC contract -- actually before that, since everyone assumed Alvarez was headed to the UFC -- the question was whether or not Alvarez would still receive such a lucrative deal.

Legally, Alvarez is refrained from sharing specific details on his UFC contract, but the former Bellator lightweight champion told ESPN.com he’s very satisfied.

“It’s comparable (to the 2012) deal -- it’s better,” Alvarez said. “Let’s just say that I’m pleased. I’m not sitting here with a sad face. That’s all I can say.”

Last edited:
GSP on with Ariel

Sounds like dude is really coming back

He noted that the Reebok deal is sort of a sticking point, due to him losing out on his sponsors

His team has been negotiating with the UFC for a week or more

He believes he's in the best shape of his life

Yeah I gave him literally no chance but for some reason I got convinced differently

The conviction in his voice, Ariel even said it too. No BS

I've looked at his fights in the UFC again, just didn't do much for me. He's a veteran and complete fighter though and I know he's training hard
He might really believe in himself that don't change the fact that Rda is just on another level. A fighters belief in themself doesn't change the other guys skillset or mindset. He might literally be at his peak but sometimes someone's just on another level. 

Could be true but I still give Eddie a better chance than I initially did

Belief is a powerful thing especially if it leads to better dedication and preparation

Last edited:
I'm unsure about GSP's return. He torn up his knee during his time away even tho it was about two or three years ago. I don't know if his skill has diminished but having two major knee surgeries throughout his career and the most recent one when he retired, I think he might struggle in his return.

GSP on with Ariel

Sounds like dude is really coming back

He noted that the Reebok deal is sort of a sticking point, due to him losing out on his sponsors

His team has been negotiating with the UFC for a week or more

He believes he's in the best shape of his life

:smokin Can't wait. Always enjoyed the way GSP fought. I know to a lot of folks he is a bit boring to watch but his technical ability is second to none.

every fighter thats not currently fighting... "best shape of my life"
Well, it's a bit different here since Georges has been away for years. To hear that he's been training in terms of fitness this hard is interesting. He did say that training to fight is a different story, he's just started doing "fight training" things

Last edited:
Who's he going to fight?

Instant shot at Robbie after a long lay off? Nick Diaz
nerd.gif
almost anyone in the top 5 will be a tough test at this point. Diaz, Condit, Lawler, Thompson, Rory, Twood, even Hendricks lol 

Got tickets to the LA card

Went the cheap route since others weren't down to pay for quality but I don't mind. Paid $115 each for the nosebleeds. I wanted to sit at least in the middle which were going for about $260 per

The Bellator card this Friday shouldn't be too bad. Benson making his debut and Michael Page also fighting

Last edited:
100% trolling. He just got booked for the biggest card in UFC history. He's got fights to fill on his contract.

No way he's retiring

Back
Top Bottom