The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Not surprised to see 251 get cancelled but hope they can make the Max-Alex fight sometime later this year.

Hmm not too sure on having Masvidal-Conor at fight island but it may be the only option for fighters outside the US until at least late in the year.

The Prelims would be like an old stacked Fox Card.

They probably should’ve balanced it a lil with the other two cards to help the clicks for ESPN paid and unpaid traffic.

😂

“I told Dana White, I’ll take this fight with Dominick Cruz but I don’t want to leave Jose ‘Baldo’ off the hook,” Cejudo told TMZ Sports (transcript via MMA Mania). “If I have to marry him to fight him, then I will do that. I will literally marry the dude to take the dude out. He’s having visa issues … I will get on one knee to beat his ***.”

Tony looks like a monster, shame we couldn't get the Khabib fight.

On the plus side, if Tony wins more hype for Khabib fight in the fall?

Well depending how the next 3 events go in Florida I could see Nevada allowing closed door events by June potentially. Still June 6 seems like a quick timeline and I could easily see them holding 250 in Florida as well.
That report says they're planning for Vegas on May 23 at the Apex. We shall see

Those embedded are pretty boring. And I feel like they’re an information campaign for the UFC to show how careful they are the protective measures they’ve taken in response to COVID.

Those embedded are pretty boring. And I feel like they’re an information campaign for the UFC to show how careful they are the protective measures they’ve taken in response to COVID.
Agreed, but at the same time if they did not address this issue the public will keep raising questions ans concerns.

Well, with the current situation I'm not sure how exciting these can be 😂

I'm still of the mind that I'm not all that thrilled for them to be putting on fights this soon and with training being screwed up. I mean you have guys doing 16 week camps. You had Tony do 2 weight cuts. You have guys who don't have their full training regiments/partners available

Agreed, but at the same time if they did not address this issue the public will keep raising questions ans concerns.
True and even with this there are still media outlets either saying they're not doing enough or the procedures aren't clear.

I for one am enjoying the embeddeds and just happy we get them this week

The UFC is the one pushing for fight cards.

The fighters seem willing to take fights despite the lack of open gyms, sparring, etc.

It’s why I can’t really criticize Stipe. He told Brett O that he can’t take a fight with DC, who is arguably one of the best pound for pound, without a full and complete fight camp. DC doesn’t mind. He was beating Stipe going into the third round of their last fight.

i just saw embedded episode 1, tony was talking about an empty airport. UFC did not fly them out to a 'smaller' private airport? or is that what the kind of airport tony was alluding to?

Back
Top Bottom