The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Usman still needs someone to fight and it shouldn't be Conor

Usman should fight in this order

Jorge
Burns
Edwards
Colby

If Jorge doesn't take the fight then Burns should slide in and Colby can fight someone else, the division is stacked

Good call freakydestroyer freakydestroyer

Burns looking like a world beater. No one in the top 5 will want that smoke.

Feel bad for my man Rocky. This could've been his moment. Hope they give him Colby or Burns for the next shot after Usman/Masvidal.

Woodley thought he was gonna show up and be given a win?
No he thought hed get a check, which he will. I dont think his hearts been in it for probably 5 years but he was one of the first fighters getting these million dollar paydays. Hard to walk away from that

Crazy to think, Woodley put on a clinic against Till not that long ago. When it’s time, it’s time...that’s 10 straight rounds down at this point.

Impressive performance yet again by Burns. It’s unfortunate Uncle Dana won’t give him a title shot next because “financially it doesn’t make sense” which is prob something he would say.

Edit: Doesn’t Usman AND Burns have the same coach?

Ufc ain’t tossing usman a fight he’s been waiting he’s ready to go Colby got that Brazil beef since rda burns and him is a fight

Burns has trained with Usman.

But he’ll be option C if Edwards or Masvidal don’t take the fight.

If I was WB I’d make noise to fight Edwards or Burns. That would get him back in the title picture.

i thought woodley wanted to devote his time to music and being on tmz, especially given his age and how long he's been in the gam. dead serious.
totally forgot there was a card

Usman is definitely the best and proven so. However I think Burns has a good chance of competing if not winning. He is familiar with Usman, he has coaching that is familiar with Usman (although is Hooft going to coach at all??), he is great standing and on the ground (wrestling and BJJ), seems to have decent to good cardio

Usman def doesn't have a track record of power in his hands

Quotes from Burns coming into tonight

“He’s helping me for this fight,” Burns said about Usman when speaking to MMA Fighting. “We just sparred three rounds. He’s going to be my main training partner for this fight. I don’t know. Things are going to get weird but I love the guy. I have a lot of admiration for that guy. I don’t want to think about that right now. I need to beat this guy, the former champion, he’s tough and I need to beat this guy first.

“After this, I’m going to call Kamaru and say ‘bro, those sparring sessions are getting the work in now.’ For sure, I’m going to respect him. I love the guy a lot. But I’m going to think about that after I beat Tyron Woodley. I’m sorry Kamaru, we might have to fight cause I want to be the best. But I love the guy a lot. No bad blood. The opposite. I just see Tyron Woodley next. After that, we’ll do what we need to do.”

Burns has trained with Usman.

But he’ll be option C if Edwards or Masvidal don’t take the fight.

If I was WB I’d make noise to fight Edwards or Burns. That would get him back in the title picture.
WB would be extremely lucky to get a fight with either of them. Edwards and Burns have legit claims to a title shot

WB deserves someone like Ponz (he dropped out of the rankings??) or Chisea or Colby at best

Back
Top Bottom