The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Thank god Colby fought Usman for the title and not Woodley

Seems like Tyron got washed overnight. Two L's back to back is one thing but getting beat bell to bell twice back to back is another. I think it's over for him. This is starting to look like a Johnny Hendricks type drop off

Burns:

“Kamaru, I love the champ. My training partner Kamaru Usman. But, give me a shot. Dana White, Hunter, Sean Shelby, Kamaru, I want to fight for the title. I’ve got respect and a lot of love for you, but I think I’m next. I’m next. I’m right there. He beat the former champion I just beat the same way, maybe even better. I want to fight for the title!”

Hate to see friends fight. There should be an unwritten rule against it unless a certain reward is there.

Last edited:
The thing about T Woods demise is it is 90% mental. I'd bet. He doesnt look the same at cuts, he doesnt fight the same, he doesnt think the same. But I think that shoulder never is gunna be completely right. That explosiveness in his right hand is def not quite the same

Hes also always fighting bigger guys. I dont get how he looked so sucked out and burns looked so big. Mans must have a fatty and heavy skull hah

This isn’t new with Woodley, we’ve seen him freeze against the fence since the Rory fight. If you can pressure him while avoiding the right hand you can beat him.

I kinda agree with Brett and Marc. Fight nights are fine but Title fights shouldn't be decided in these smaller cages.

I understand that tbh. I would like to see a title fight (higher weight class than 170) in a small cage though to see how it plays out

If anything I would think Dana wanted the smaller cage for APEX due to the Contender Series. He probably wanted to force as much action as possible to make for as exciting fights as possible

I'm assuming they should be able to fit a regulation size octagon in there

If anything I would think Dana wanted the smaller cage for APEX due to the Contender Series. He probably wanted to force as much action as possible to make for as exciting fights as possible

I'm assuming they should be able to fit a regulation size octagon in there

This for sure.

I assume Apex was meant to hold Contender and TUF fights as both have smaller cages as well. This experiment due to the pandemic has definitely shown it can lead to more exciting fights. I didn’t expect it to be that much of an impact as it’s only 5ft, but it seems to make a difference.

It will definitely make things interesting as we’ve seen big fights where Stipe, Jones, Whittaker, Adesanya, and others literally run when in trouble. This will cut down on that ability for sure.

Honestly in the WEC I always felt the smaller cage made such a difference by the eyeball test. Cage seemingly forced the fighters in each other's space

I’m sorry. What’s the argument for/against the APEX cage?

Less room to play keep away/run?
I'd imagine a smaller cage gives fighters like Khabib an advantage.

I think the UFC cage should be standardized though.

Either use the small cage for all fights, or use the big cage for all fights

I'm all for the bigger cage.... Rogan used to argue they should fight one football field. Adding the cage substantially changes what might happen in an actual real life altercation

I'm all for the bigger cage.... Rogan used to argue they should fight one football field. Adding the cage substantially changes what might happen in an actual real life altercation
This is a sport not a death match

there are rules and regulations for safety and fan friendly aesthetics

I have zero interest in them fighting in a football field lol.He wildin. You think there ain’t enough action as it is?? Lol. Gonna have fools sprinting away and hiding

midas whale have untimed matches no rounds have guys just out here exhausted and sloppy no rest or water breaks. Groin shots eye poking etc if we’re trying to simulate a death match

i think he mentioned wrestling/grappling matches as reference and removing the fence
then again, him and eddie bravo were high af discussing this topic

I’ve know of the small and big cage. Just never knew the reasoning.

Jon can’t walk back his comments. He’s seriously asking for trouble.

Jan and Reyes going to fight for the LHW. He saw what happened following Cejudo win.

durinho :pimp:

He steamrolls colby, could definitely beat usman.

Twood damn. More than anything it look like tyron just lost that fire to punch someone in the face.

His run was legit, can’t be mad at the work he put in. If he still motivated, he still got options.....he could chase a BIG bag with bellator and add another world title to the mantle.....

Back
Top Bottom