The New Bay Area Rap Thread Vol. Lil Blood - Methadone Out 2/7/12

ham city

Banned
The old thread was a staple in the music forum for a very long time. That said its been nonexistent for the last  2 -3 years which makes sense because the thread was from a different era.
I'll be updating this semi-regularly mostly just with album/mixtape release info but it would be great if others could try and keep this alive too, especially since I mostly listen to the Figaz/Livewire/Bearfaced so that's most of what I'll post, but there's 10 times more to Bay Area rap than just grimey street rap so it would be great to help put me and others on to new stuff. 

To get things started I'll just post a few of my favorite releases from the last couple months and a few other select favorites. Post your favorites too. 

Shady Nate - Son of the Hood & Still Based on a True Story

IMO the best rapper in the Bay Area and one of the best in the game period.  There isn't a "street rapper" anywhere with better technical ability, only person on his level is Gibbs. He just continues to get better and better. 

HD - Fresh & The Coldest Winter Eva: Tha Trife Stories

A while ago I told my dude maxb7ty that HD was my Bay Area sleeper pick of 2010, in 2011 he goes and takes over the North. He not the best rapper but he tells a story every time he spits a verse. 

Ampichino and Yong Boss - Cop Heavy Gang: Going All In

Amp has always been the man, bangers on here. 

Joe Blow - You Should Be Payin' Me

I *!#$#@$ love this record man, played it into bolivian over the summer. His lazy boy flow is kinda reminiscent of a young Oonie Mac.

Young Gully - The Oscar Grant Project

From 2010 but this is such an amazing project I had to post it. I always get the feeling that fans are split 50-50 on Gully but I %+%! with him pretty tough. He's technically gifted and has a lot of real %!%% to say. This was an amazing project to me and honestly I don't think it would have been suitable for anyone else to do it. The amount of effort and passion that went into this was great to see.

I'll be back with some individual tracks later, post your favorites!

im with the young gully i like his stuff. this would pop off a lil more if you had posted some videos to sample some of these artists. im not gonna go out there and download all of these. however if there were a few bangers posted i jus might

I know Jack wasn't happy with the Indictment because siccness put his @%%$ over different beats without his consent or something but this was HARD

I need to catch up on my Bay Area music! But I will contribute a little. Here is one from my old friend from high school and I had no idea he was doing music after he transfer out of my school.

Turns out the new Joe Blow leaked last night, been waiting on this forever
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

25oxr48.jpg

http://itunes.apple.com/u...482144930?ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Yo you was really feelin that Jacka remix cd? I thought that ##%+ was horrible those beats completely took me out of it, only joint i could rock with was then when did I refuse

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

Yo you was really feelin that Jacka remix cd? I thought that ##%+ was horrible those beats completely took me out of it

Hell nah man, only @$#% I was really feeling was Please Jack, When Did I Refuse, and the What We Do Remix
laugh.gif

I guess Jacka didn't cosign none of those beats, siccness released it and put his verses over different tracks.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

finally people start caring again......let's keep this one active, where's Graider at?

Idk but I still see him postin on siccness.

Where's TOUCH MONEY? Haven't seen him in a minute either.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Yo you was really feelin that Jacka remix cd? I thought that ##%+ was horrible those beats completely took me out of it

Hell nah man, only @$#% I was really feeling was Please Jack, When Did I Refuse, and the What We Do Remix
laugh.gif

I guess Jacka didn't cosign none of those beats, siccness released it and put his verses over different tracks.
nerd.gif
heard rue sold siccness a tape worth of verses for $500. someone need to help that child out

on another note
pimp.gif

yall feelin the main attrakionz and they lil click? i be messin with em more for the beats than anything but I do appreciate Shady Blaze

nerd.gif
heard rue sold siccness a tape worth of verses for $500. someone need to help that child out
My friend saw Rue like two weeks ago on Mac and said he looked hella bummy and smelled musty
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Dude also sold another friend a blank CD for dub a while back. MOBBIN

I'm feeling the new thread Ham, keep this relevant.

Some of my favorite releases from the past year

Lee Majors been improving a lot lately, really came through with some knock on this one.

Even though he's from KC, I consider it bay music

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

nerd.gif
My friend saw Rue like two weeks ago on Mac and said he looked hella bummy and smelled musty
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Dude also sold another friend a blank CD for dub a while back. MOBBIN
roll.gif
not suprising with the way Philthy was gettin on him in that siccness interview.

laugh.gif
 @ the siccness. that forum fell off (
30t6p3b.gif
 at me having "sicc" on my SN)

that joe blow should be dope though. i just want some new rydah j klyde!

New T Nutty and DJ Fresh just came out and is real solid. Check it out if you're into Sac rap or want to hear some nice beats from the worlds freshest DJ

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

i just want some new rydah j klyde!

eek.gif
I be feeling like I'm the only one still checking for Rydah nowadays. I'd @#%% with a Rydah Tonite Show or just any new album period, tough. I think I'm one of the few that was feeling Rated R (or knew it came out).

i just want some new rydah j klyde!

eek.gif
I be feeling like I'm the only one still checking for Rydah nowadays. I'd @#%% with a Rydah Tonite Show or just any new album period, tough. I think I'm one of the few that was feeling Rated R (or knew it came out).

rydah is the illest mobfiga by far!

"a fly gangsta" is top 5 GOAT for me
pimp.gif

rydah is the illest mobfiga by far!

"a fly gangsta" is top 5 GOAT for me
pimp.gif
The Fly Gangsta is a classic. El Pueblo Children with Freako is underrated as well

Back
Top Bottom