The Oakland Athletics 2013 Season Thread

If Cespedes is going to play like this for the rest of his contract there has to be a way to keep him. Offer him $20M per year, $25M per year if you have to over something like a five year deal, just don't let him walk.

I'd start thinking about signing Cespedes to a longterm deal now. Add 4 years to the 2 remaining years, total those 6 years to about $85 mil. He's not going to get any cheaper, might as well be ahead of the curve.

Last edited:
Reddick wasn't going to get a hit anyways. Send his *** to Stockton. He can't hit .200 in Sacramento at this pace. :smh: :smh:

I'd start thinking about signing Cespedes to a longterm deal now. Add 4 years to the 2 remaining years, total those 6 years to about $85 mil. He's not going to get any cheaper, might as well be ahead of the curve.

I think he's been clear that he wants to hit the market before agreeing to any deal. Maybe he'll change his mind if we throw big money at him and he genuinely enjoys Oakland, but that's what I've read so far.

:lol: at the ump saying "Did you spit on me?"

Should of spit on his damn face. :smh:

And why is Sogard still in the majors? Dude is trash.

Horrible game. Coco is so important to this team, I hope he can get back soon.

Reddick looks like he's going to the DL, probably for the overall good of the team. They should bring up Weeks, put Moss in the outfield, and play Freiman consistently at 1st.

I'd like them to call up Weeks also because I'd like to see him get another shot at leadoff, Jaso is horrible in that spot but I don't think it will happen. I read that they plan to call up Peterson or someone else who can play 1b or the OF.

:smh:

I read it was a possibility but I didn't think they would actually do it. I hate that ************ so much. He has pictures of Billy's wife naked or something. I know it.

Barton's not even on the 40 man, someone has to go...Maybe this will be a blessing in disguise and Jesse Chavez will finally get shipped out.

In better news, I finally re-up'd my avy, Ricky looks smooth as ever. :pimp:

Last edited:
Barton's not even on the 40 man, someone has to go...Maybe this will be a blessing in disguise and Jesse Chavez will finally get shipped out.

In better news, I finally re-up'd my avy, Ricky looks smooth as ever. :pimp:

There you go! Ricky kept shrinking with each NT server update :lol:

If it weren't for Dan Haren, that Mulder trade would have been a complete disaster. Barton will always remind me of how terrible we were in the late 00s.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom