The Oakland Athletics 2013 Season Thread

Just when I thought Chris Young never existed, he hits a 3 run go ahead homerun in the 9th :O

Have I mentioned how bad the Astros are? I can't even watch the games anymore.

Looking forward, I just realized the only two series against the giants are happening in the next 4 days, what the **** happened there?

The Astros move to the AL and subsequent season long interleague play happened.

And I can watch the Astros all day long, as long as they are losing to us.

We handled business and swept the Astros again. People can talk **** about playing the Astros and arguing that you should win regardless, but the fact is that we're the only team in the division undefeated against them. So we'll continue to take the wins and pad our stats while we're at it.

Good win today, Strailey seems to be figuring it out.

Donaldson is just raking. He's 6th in the AL in WAR, but 4th among AL 3rd basemen. :x He is 4th in AL OPS though. :smokin

Man I want one of those so bad, I got a '74 one from a 50% off new era sale a couple of years back, but the '89 was sold out. :smh:

I was in Monterey today with it on and saw about 10 Giants fans for every one A's fan. Felt good watching the game with them.

Chase Headley is putting up mediocre numbers so far, I think we could get him with a trade at the break. How would you guys feel about getting him to play 3rd, and having Donaldson play second full time? That lineup would be dope as hell if you ask me.

Crisp CF
Lowrie SS
Moss 1B
Cespedes LF
Headley 3B
Donaldson 2B
Reddick RF
Smith DH
Norris/Jaso C

Last edited:
I don't want to mess up what Donaldson's got going so far, and I don't think we have much to offer for Headley. The pitching is sparse in the minors and we have no position players that would be attractive in a trade.

Yeah, we have nothing to trade for Headley. I'd rather not part with Choice or Russell.

Nice to see Parker have a good outing again. Offense left A LOT of guys on base which was frustrating, but fortunately it didn't haunt us.

Let's at least get a split in SF.

Solve the hole that Rosales occupies and this lineup is going to concern anyone that has to face it.

Unless it's the ****ing Tigers :frown:

This team will have to do better at manufacturing runs against top pitchers to win in the playoffs. They have looked better this year then last, but there is still a lot of room for improvement. Need better timely hitting, and can't strand as many runners.

Back
Top Bottom