The Oakland Athletics 2013 Season Thread

Really hope Reddick can come back from his injury and play like he did in the first half of last year. I don't care if he hits 30 homers, I just want to see quality at bats from him. Chris Young is garbage. :smh:

That missed play by Young last night was terrible, luckily it didn't come back to bite us. I'm convinced second base is a black hole for this organization, they really need a savior there. I hope Green can figure it out, or Russel turns into the player that we think he might be.

Would love to see a sweep this series. Can't stand Young, hopefully Reddick gets back in the swing of things quickly.

Reddick had a great night yesterday in the minors, so hopefully it's a sign of things to come for him.

Chris Young wouldn't be terrible if he played every day at center. But that's not available to him.

Maybe he'd be over the mendoza line if he played center everyday but that's about it. I feel like he pops out every 3 ABs.

I know moving outfield positions isn't easy since the routes you take and how you read the ball change but this dude drops a catch every 5 games it seems.

His availability is being under appreciated, I feel. I'd rather have him out there to man the outfield spots when the inevitable Cespedes/Crisp/Reddick injuries occur than to trot out any of our newly minted failed prospects in AAA like Taylor or someone else. I think he's going to be fine as the season progresses and it's that hope that makes me want him out there rather than someone we know can't do it up at this level.

Enjoyed the game last night.A good 65% A's fans, thought it seemed like 100% after the first inning.
Too bad I missed Rosie homer

ESPN Insider Jim Bowden says that Josh Donaldson is the most improved player in baseball this year and expects him to be our rep at the All Star Game. I have my doubts about that, it'll likely be a pitcher instead.

:lol: I'll take it but seriously, we got to do better with runners on 3rd and less than 2 outs.

Let's go Milone!

Back
Top Bottom