The Oakland Athletics 2013 Season Thread

I'm not upset about losing today, I'm just upset about all the stranded runners. We really have to improve in those situations. Guys need to shorten up there swing with 2 strikes and just try to make contact. :smh: at striking out or popping out with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs. Just horrible. If it only happened today, I wouldn't be too concerned but it has been a constant problem for this team.Hopefully Chili can help the guys out.

Anyways, I should be at the game on Friday and Saturday. Let's get it!

I'll be getting tickets tomorrow. Hopefully field level (I got those buy one get one frees :pimp: :lol:). You?

I haven't decided yet, she said she doesn't care where we sit so I'm thinking bleachers? I don't mind, cheaper for me :lol:

:lol: I feel you man. You got to come up on those BOGO packs, only $40 and you get 4 free tickets and a bunch of buy one get one free passes. :pimp:

I brought my girl to the fireworks game against the Royals and spent like $36 a ticket for second deck, behind the plate. It was most I've spent on an A's game in forever. :lol: The stadium is a dump, but nothing beats the prices. :pimp: :lol:

I don't mind spending a lot on tickets for sporting events, but it just doesn't feel right doing that at the Coliseum. :lol:

That was a classic a's game, under 2.5 hours haha

I'll be there tomorrow again and I think ima go on Sunday also

Bartolo is my favorite pitcher of all time. Fat, no ***** given, throws nothing but fastballs for strikes, and somehow is a BAMF. :smokin

Fatolo Colon with the shutout complete game 
smokin.gif

That was a classic a's game, under 2.5 hours haha

I'll be there tomorrow again and I think ima go on Sunday also

Jealous, man, wish I could go for this whole series. The game was a blast, my lady and I had a great section and someone from my school saw my sweater and we chopped it up for a couple innings, he even started sharing a couple of his raps with us :lol: :lol: :rofl: we had a great time.

Made it out to all 3 games this weekend, was a blast. :pimp:

I'm excited about how this team is playing and how the starting pitching is improving. Got a lot of baseball left though.

We're looking great so far, hopefully we can keep this up and do even better when Anderson comes back. I feel like he should be right as rain when his DL stint is over, enough time has passed.

On a sidenote: 10,000 posts with this one here. Glad to have spent this milestone post in this thread with you guys. I love all my teams too much, but the A's will always be different. I don't know how I'd be if we won it all, but I'm pretty sure I'd be on the verge of tears for a few days out of happiness. Here's to a great season and postseason.

I believe this team can continue to play really well in the regular season but the post season is still a huge concern to me. I don't know how many guys we have stranded at 3rd base and less than 2 outs. :smh: If they want to suceed come October, that needs to be improved. Chili needs to tell the guys to shorten up that swing with 2 strikes also.

We have a pretty deep pitching staff which is great during the regular season, but we don't have a true ace and I think it will hurt in the playoffs. Even our 2 spot is questionable right now. If Brett comes back and pitches like he should, then I would feel better about our roation in the playoffs.

I'm not trying to be negative :lol: because this team is playing well and winning but if they want to be legitamate treats to win it all, I think they will need Brett to come back and live up to his potential and the offense will have to improve with guys on and manufacture runs better. I think they can do it because Cespedes still hasn't played as well as he can and the combination of Reddick/Young can't put up any worse numbers than they have. Hopefully Moss can return to his form from last year and Najakima's time is coming soon.

If these things can happen, this team can be very dangerous.

The only team that gives me serious pause in the postseason are the Tigers. Everyone else can be managed.

:lol: I feel you man. You got to come up on those BOGO packs, only $40 and you get 4 free tickets and a bunch of buy one get one free passes. :pimp:

I brought my girl to the fireworks game against the Royals and spent like $36 a ticket for second deck, behind the plate. It was most I've spent on an A's game in forever. :lol: The stadium is a dump, but nothing beats the prices. :pimp: :lol:

I don't mind spending a lot on tickets for sporting events, but it just doesn't feel right doing that at the Coliseum. :lol:

I bought two of those ticket packs. Got'em from my job. Those suite "deals" are a rip-off right. They're no different then what they advertise on the A's website.

Yeah, I think the suite "deals" are only on there for promotion.

5-56 pinch hitting? :x :smh: :x

Back
Top Bottom