The Oakland Athletics 2018 Offseason Season Thread | One and Done Again

Not to ruin the mood but I am still disappointed in how this offense looked the first 8 innings. You have to find ways to get on base and manufacture runs, can't count on these late inning heroics always. Some times pitchers are just locked in and on their game, but we didn't do much to change that.

The A's have always had a problem when pitchers have good command and throw strikes they take pitches and are alway batting behind in the count that's why they can't beat Detroit in the playoffs

I really don't want to damper the mood in here, but I read recently on another board that Donaldson is determined to bolt from the A's as soon as he's able to. According to the story, Donaldson wanted a fair contract after the 2012 season and was told no. After 2013 the A's approached him about a deal and he told them he wouldn't be signing with them any longer than he has to. He loves the team, loves the fans, but doesn't like the front office.

I don't know if it's true, but it makes me sad. Good thing we own his rights until 2019, when he'll be 34.

Where did you read that? Why would Donny expect a contract after the 2012 season? If that really was his expectation, he needs to grow up. Last year was really the first time anyone saw his potential and he shouldn't be holding any grudges from such an early point in his career.

Let him leave in 19 if he wants to go so bad or move him in 18 if need be

If this team hasn't won by then they'll be starting over anyway and with zero prospects in the pipeline other then Russel it won't look good by then anyway

'Jane Lee ‏ @ JaneMLB 2m
Donaldson said his perception of the A's fan base has changed because of the booing.'

So now the players don't like us very much.

good game last night.. i was sitting next to 3 Angles fans, and they thought they had the game on lock after that 3 run shot. once that 7th inning came the whole coliseum was standing up and these three where sitting down like what the hell did we get ourselves into lol.

went with my girl so we got two bobbleheads.
View media item 1002611

Back
Top Bottom