*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Originally Posted by MastaAce718

They should give NBC this finals just for old times sake.

i believe it was CBS televising those finals games in the 80's

And you would be right. I still have a tape from one of the games in the '87 Finals. Music and intro was still better than the ABC openings too. Atari computer looking graphics.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
hell yeah dude. and when they cut into the commercials, instead ofshowing highlights of a recent play like what they do now, they'd have pictures of the players popping up
laugh.gif

the way i see it....

Game 1: Lakers
Game 2: Celtics
Game 3: Celtics
Game 4: Lakers
Game 5: Lakers
Game 6: Celtics
Game 7: ??????

Doc is not a good coach - they ran the same play the last seven minutes of the Pistons game? Lakers got this - Phil and Kobe are going to be unstoppable.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

And you would be right. I still have a tape from one of the games in the '87 Finals. Music and intro was still better than the ABC openings too. Atari computer looking graphics.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
hell yeah dude. and when they cut into the commercials, instead of showing highlights of a recent play like what they do now, they'd have pictures of the players popping up
laugh.gif

they had pat o' brien covering for cbs sports

this could be the highest rated finals since...dare i say, MJ? well, it'll need to go deep, 6 or 7 games.

I'm not making any predictions, because I'm no psychic. But one thing i do know is...We gotta..

BEAT[color= rgb(51, 0, 153)]L.A.!!!![/color]

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
hell yeah dude. and when they cut into the commercials, instead of showing highlights of a recent play like what they do now, they'd have pictures of the players popping up
laugh.gif

they had pat o' brien covering for cbs sports

yeah, Pat O Brien, %%%% Stockton, and Tommy Heinsohn
sick.gif

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Doc is not a good coach - they ran the same play the last seven minutes of the Pistons game? Lakers got this - Phil and Kobe are going to be unstoppable.

phils won 9 titles but i mean this year? i know that hes done ALOT this year that make you just scratch your head and then wanna punch his face throughyour tv screen....

LETS DO THIS LAKERS!!!!...BRING THE 15TH...LAKERS VS. CELTICS MAN CLASSIC!!!!!...this is going 6...its gonna be tough on the Lakeshow cos no one can stopkg...but i hope we can do it
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by jman23s

im callin Boston in 6 but damn its gonna be hard with that 2-3-2
I really don't see why they changed the Finals to 2-3-2...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by dyyhard

phils won 9 titles but i mean this year? i know that hes done ALOT this year that make you just scratch your head and then wanna punch his face through your tv screen....

and Boston fans were thinking the same things about Doc and the Celtics during the playoff run and last year as well...he would have been canned if hedidn't get out of the first round vs the Hawks or, possibly, if the Celtics didn't reach the finals. Just like Pat Riley outclassed Avery Johnson -experience counts in the playoffs from your coach.

regardless - in the coaching column - chalk one up for the Lakers.

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

I just realized how outnumbered Celtic fans are compared to laker fans on this board
laugh.gif
And when you factor in the amount of Boston haters on NT, it's not even close.
Anyway, this is going to be a match-up for the ages, can't wait for it.

Back
Top Bottom