THE OFFICIAL 2023 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Cowboys Gonna Cowboy

Only watched til halftime... not a lot to take away...

-Antwaun Woods looked good
-Cheeto was flying around making plays
-hard to judge Frederick, but glad he’s back

On the goal line play where SF swatted the rock , I felt like if Dak threw that quick swing to the RB he might of had sumn...

Maher gonna Maher ....

Trade this dude fr fr

FOH here man you ain’t achieved nothing but some chunky soup commercials

Dak can kick rocks

52eh224fk2g31.jpg

lol

I think Dak has decided to let Zeke get his money first
Then Dak will sign for 35mil a year during the bye week

Dak is betting on himself. Either he plays out of this world and drives his price up or he plays terrible and it backfires. I can see Jerry Jones in his sky box pissed like John Elway was when Tebow was winning games:lol:

If Dak is a fart this year and stays healthy he gets $28mil
If Dak balls out and stays healthy he gets $35mil
Dak was a 4th round draft pick with bad footwork so he wins regardless

Wentz set the market. Dak has an extremely good argument to get better than Wentz’s contract.

There’s really not much of a choice.

Just pay him and be done with it. Because he’s not going to have a terrible season. At worst it’ll be an okay season. You save yourself a few million.

Also we can do the whole just let him go. He’s playing next year. So that’s 1 year without getting a QB in to make it work. Be careful what you wish for because resetting at QB isn’t going to be easy. With everybody else coming up to be paid.

Do I pay him $40mil? No. I don’t think that market is there for anyone YET. The longer you wait, the higher the market if other guys get paid. But because Eagles came in and set the market, you have to live with it and give him a deal better than Wentz.

Won't be a new play book this year but some wrinkles will be added
Probably won't see any "new" plays until after the bye week

The plays were always going to look similar IMO. He was brought up Linehan so we can only expect so much to be different than last year. We also have the same QB that has his own limitations, so that has its own constraints on what we can do. The talent on the offense is better so that should help.

I expect the offense to be better but thats more off of the additions of Fredrick, Pollard, Cobb, and Gallup taking the next step. Not so much because the change at OC. Same QB, same head coach who is coaching for his job. Not going to take many chances risking it with a totally new offense.

I need to go back and look up some more footage on Jaylon Brown. From what I remember Vander esh was the best linebacker on our defense. Lee and Jaylon Smith was getting clowned against the Rams in the postseason. They were running plays directly at them and they couldn’t do anything.

As far as the playbook goes cowboys are purposely running the same plays for preseason.

Locked up the 6th ranked PFF LB long term :pimp:
5 year / $64mil with $35mil guaranteed.

Jaylon and LVE (4th Ranked) will eat.

In all honesty
Dak - Zeke - Coop - Tyron - TFred - Zack
DLaw - Jaylon - LVE - Byron

Gotta find a way to keep all of them happy. Give it a 3 year run and reset from there.

I need to go back and look up some more footage on Jaylon Brown. From what I remember Vander esh was the best linebacker on our defense. Lee and Jaylon Smith was getting clowned against the Rams in the postseason. They were running plays directly at them and they couldn’t do anything.

As far as the playbook goes cowboys are purposely running the same plays for preseason.

The whole defense was bad that playoff game.

Smith got signed because he was the easiest contract out of all of them to figure out and pay and with his injury and his year lost of free agency he was smart not to turn it down..

Byron Jones is going to end up been the odd man out. Which is ok imo because he plays a position that’s easy to replace

The offense can be the same.. it was the stupid play calling that was the problem. And with more playmakers this year Moore and handclapper better be more creative how they use em

Back
Top Bottom