The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo if we could only go back in time and see what some of you raggedy mother ****ers were saying online, on this site or elsewhere, at 16yo. :rofl:

I've been on NT since I was 16 years old and I definitely wasn't saying anything THAT crazy.

At 16 I knew better than to defend anybody gunning down or killing brovas for no reason...but some of us just built different so it is what it is, Mahomes ain’t from where I’m from so don’t expect much from yo

I posted that in jest + a little inward reflection on my end.

I was on here aggressively wishing death on Zimmerman's ***** *** at an age a little older than Mahomes was when he commented on the situation, but I hear you.

Can you guys share exactly what he said? I looked, but I can't even find anything actually defending Zimmerman. Just see a twitter convo he jumped in and said Zimmerman shouldn't have followed Trayvon.

I'm a Raiders fan, if I can slander Mahomes I will.

step on goodell's neck. step on drew brees neck. stop on the neck of anyone trying to backpedal their words after having pressed sooo hard to extinguish the voices of others.

acknowledge their apologies if you want, but these people shouldn't be praised for having been shown a bit of the light because their actions have contributed to a lot of the division and damage

I’m just learning about this and as far as I know he didn’t say anything along the lines of gunning someone down for no reason being ok. The tweet says “stop resisting or assaulting cops.”

The top reply also says he was 14.

To me this sounds like a kid who has no idea what he’s talking about was likely fed this narrative that we still see today.

The issue isn’t what Mahomes said at 14-16 years old. The issue is adults, like the 73 year old president right now, perpetuating an environment around him that lead a teenager to think that’s what happened in the first place.

Last edited:
All these people now showing their "support" it looks fake. All these old white men now speaking are well aware of how ugly racism is. Goodell saying the NFL wants to be part of the change and "We, the National Football League, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of black people."

When y'all JUST black balled Kaep lol. That was only 3-4 years ago. That's one of the main issues we have. When a black person is taking a stand he gets called everything under the sun but then years later white people see the light. They did the same thing with MLK and Ali. Luckily it didn't take something drastic happening to Kaep or 30 years later but it did take a man being tortured and murdered for them to "get it". :smh:
100%

Reminds me of another case just like since it was John Carlos's birthday yesterday but yea him and Tommie Smiths careers got ruined and blackballed for this

image-placeholder-title.jpg

Apparently they received nothing but hate and death threats from all angles at the time on top of being stripped of their medals and banned from competition simply for taking that stand. They were deemed public enemy number 1 by the same people who call them heroes now 50 years later like MLK and Ali >D:smh:

100%

Reminds me of another case just like since it was John Carlos's birthday yesterday but yea him and Tommie Smiths careers got ruined and blackballed for this

image-placeholder-title.jpg

Apparently they received nothing but hate and death threats from all angles at the time on top of being stripped of their medals and banned from competition simply for taking that stand. They were deemed public enemy number 1 by the same people who call them heroes now 50 years later like MLK and Ali >D:smh:

Peter Norman, the Australian who won the silver also got screwed over

Mahommes doesn’t get a pass for his age. 16 is old enough and he has black dad. A white woman can’t raise a black man.

A lot of people tell on themselves

if you truly care for the person you’re with, you should be looking and empathizing with how things will be for them.. and especially with your child, you should be preparing them for the world that they will face as much as you can

if you’re not going look at things from their perspective and change your views on some shhh, things are really wrong with you

again, look at nick wright, dude knows he’s raising black kids and isn’t going pretend that just because he’s white that they are

Reactions: MVP
NFL already goofed, they gon have more problems than just kneeling now when the season starts....but you can tell they think the players gon go back to that and it will all be good just cuz they cool with it now :lol: :smh:

A lot of people tell on themselves

if you truly care for the person you’re with, you should be looking and empathizing with how things will be for them.. and especially with your child, you should be preparing them for the world that they will face as much as you can

if you’re not going look at things from their perspective and change your views on some shhh, things are really wrong with you

again, look at nick wright, dude knows he’s raising black kids and isn’t going pretend that just because he’s white that they are

Nick Wright is in a different situation. He married a black woman that had black kids from her previous relationship. It's also different having a black mom vs a white mom, huge difference.

Cris Carter used to ROAST him all the time, **** was hilarious. He'd talk about his kids and Cris would say but those aren't your kids. Nick would get so mad.

Is Nick still on that show? Did they get a full replacement for Cris?

Mahommes doesn’t get a pass for his age. 16 is old enough and he has black dad. A white woman can’t raise a black man.

When we 13 and 14 cops be asking us "what's your name on the street".

Learn from a real young age cops ain't protecting and serving us. I look at Mahomes like somebody like Drake, they grew up in different environment with a white parent so they went through life gullible but if as a grown man Mahomes now understands and gets I'm cool with that.

He ain't like that HAN Tiger Woods. Tiger just don't wanna get it. He chose his side and that's it.

only difference between Mahomes then and now is that now he understands the need to filter his thoughts. he''s got an image to protect now. he'll get a pass cause people like him though. but it's the same as every other celeb/athlete that gets killed for tweets back in the day when they were teenagers

edit: i'll add that i don't know how he grew up. if he grew up in an all white town, etc..then yeah i think it's fair to say he's probably learned and understands he was wrong for those tweets. but i would have thought with his dad, he would know how it is a long time ago

Last edited:
When we 13 and 14 cops be asking us "what's your name on the street".

Learn from a real young age cops ain't protecting and serving us. I look at Mahomes like somebody like Drake, they grew up in different environment with a white parent so they went through life gullible but if as a grown man Mahomes now understands and gets I'm cool with that.

He ain't like that HAN Tiger Woods. Tiger just don't wanna get it. He chose his side and that's it.

My mother was telling me when I was 8-10 years old, you need to be careful and be aware and prepared of this and that.

Mahommes mom either doesn't know or doesn't think it can happen to her kid cause she's white and he probably had mad white friends.

Nick Wright is in a different situation. He married a black woman that had black kids from her previous relationship. It's also different having a black mom vs a white mom, huge difference.

Cris Carter used to ROAST him all the time, **** was hilarious. He'd talk about his kids and Cris would say but those aren't your kids. Nick would get so mad.

Is Nick still on that show? Did they get a full replacement for Cris?

i don’t think they have a full time replacement, but I don’t watch the show like that.. I’ll just catch a clip of what he says depending on the topic

but to me, that’s even better with dude.. he cares to that degree that he’s raising her kids like his own and adjusting his world views based on what his family will face

cause I even get taking your significant other for granted and not fully appreciating things.. but you’d think with your kids, your own flesh and blood, you’d try to look at the unnecessary burdens they might have to face in life

But some white moms kill me, ain’t even gotta know much about their lives to tell too.. just gotta check the hair of the mixed kid

Nah I can’t rock with Brees, homeboy closes all his establishments during the bayou classic and essences fest. He dead in your face with it. Fool went with the company line and it blew up on his ***.
Wow didn’t know he closes down his businesses during Essence Fest. Black Nola should have been canceled the racist clown if that’s true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom