The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
who are the top 5 in guaranteed?

cmc.. zeke.. leveon.. and?
12.png

Seems like these days its a risk to pay high on a RB (not saying Henry isn't worth it, just that RBs tend to have short shelf lives). Good on Henry for getting paid though.

Seems like these days its a risk to pay high on a RB (not saying Henry isn't worth it, just that RBs tend to have short shelf lives). Good on Henry for getting paid though.

I don’t think it’s a big risk paying a rb on their first extension. It’s the second deal in their late 20s/early 30s where they usually decline.

Only dudes getting big second contracts is QBs. No skill position players are getting huge second deals. OL and DL MAY get big second contracts like a QB. But skill players, just from a physical standpoint no. It’s really common sense

The Chiefs just won a title with Miami Dolphins reject Damian Williams as their top rusher and SB MVP. Patriots built a dynasty without ever having an “elite“ rusher (Corey Dillon may be an exception). Giving a RB that amount of money is ridiculous IMO

Seahawks won with marshawn, Steelers won with Mendenhall and Bettis, (definitely wasn’t elite but Breed won with Bush, Ravens had Ray Rice, Sony Michel was a first round pick. All these cats were 1st or 2nd round picks. Pats are only brought up cause theyve went 6/9. They’re an anomaly. Bring up teams other than the Pats

Seahawks won with marshawn, Steelers won with Mendenhall and Bettis, (definitely wasn’t elite but Breed won with Bush, Ravens had Ray Rice, Sony Michel was a first round pick. All these cats were 1st or 2nd round picks. Pats are only brought up cause theyve went 6/9. They’re an anomaly. Bring up teams other than the Pats

I started my post talking about the Chiefs. I can also bring up the Ravens, Packers, Colts, and Giants. None of these recent Super Bowl winning teams had elite rushers

Looking at the headshots of all these dudes who resigned or got fired from the skins, they look like the types too :lol: :lol:

The Chiefs just won a title with Miami Dolphins reject Damian Williams as their top rusher and SB MVP. Patriots built a dynasty without ever having an “elite“ rusher (Corey Dillon may be an exception). Giving a RB that amount of money is ridiculous IMO

and 9ers had mostert blowup.. and dude y’all signed before him

i mean who is the last super bowl champ that was really paying a RB?

i know eagles got Blount on the cheap and had ajayi from y’all for a 4th.. sproles was hurt

and 9ers had mostert blowup.. and dude y’all signed before him

i mean who is the last super bowl champ that was really paying a RB?

i know eagles got Blount on the cheap and had ajayi from y’all for a 4th.. sproles was hurt

Seahawks and Marshawn I think

While dan snyder is clearly a terrible human being

please dear lord baby jesus let him keep his team

also while we’re here please keep jerruh alive and gettleman employed by the giants

but even marshawm, seahawks got him by just trading a 4th rounder to buffalo.. even though he went top 20 to them.. on top of russ being on his rookie deal

Yea the cost to get him wasn’t much but I believe he was playing on his extension those super bowl seasons. Really if it wasn’t for the pats this wouldn’t be a talking point because guys like Lynch (the second time), Gurley, Devonta would be super bowl champs lol.

Also it’s funny to think about just how much Kareem Hunt messing up worked out for KC because he was likely due a massive extension as well.

If I'm a GM I'm giving my runningback the Leveon Bell/ Melvin Gordon treatment.

It sucks but the players never should've signed that new deal.

You're getting tagged until I cant tag no mo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom