THE OFFICIAL A I R M A X DELUXE THREAD

Well hopefully Nike give some Phylon. Yes. I am crazy.

I really believe my camo AM97 are Phylon. They feel like UNDFT AM97

I also have the imagination that AM98 are softer. Hopefully give us Phylon (like the 98 TL)

I am new to AM Deluxe, but it looks very updated..... I have imagination that these are straight Phylon.

26267654_1744785759163343_8794396746349281280_n.jpg

Air Max Deluxe sample

You seem to appreciate Air Max Deluxe even more than other Air Max, am I true?
i dont appreciate them more than the other AMs. AM1 & AML is still my favourite but i am very excited that they are coming back because the graphics on the upper from the AM DLX is really a piece of art and you wont see such flashy and colorful design on the AM1, AML and other AMs, thats what i appreciate about them and i really enjoying wearing shoes that stands out and get noticed by other people

I also like them because they are a perfect still image of a design period, being the early 2000s/late 90s. It was an era where people first tried out to make shoes that don't go with a leather/suede or canvas aesthetic but that were made out of full-on synthetic materials, using the possibilities those have to offer. The Air Max Deluxe, the Presto, the Foamposite (the beginning of this trend) and the Zoom Ultraflight are basically the essential shoes of that time for me.

If you had sneakers that would exemplify current era design ethos those would be the Flyknit Trainers and for Basketball sneakers probably the Kobe 9 or Jordan 31/32

I don't know much about Jordan's, got a few pairs but my favorite by far remains the XX9 (have only a 1, two 4, three 6, a 9.5 if I remember well, a 14.5, and about 5 XX9 I think). They're so light, so aesthetic, but so fragile if you want to walk at the outside...But I love its materials.

Lol, this is going to be a super-unpopular opinion but my favorite Jordan designs were from 16-21. The 16,17,18, 21 are a beautiful blend of old materials and newer design directions, the 19 and 20 are unlike any shoe you've ever seen before, in a good way (in my opinion). My favorite are the Jordan IVs but this stretch is the most consistent for me personally.

The most era-defining Air Max sneaker of the 2010s so far was the Flyknit Air Max and the Air Max 2013 (because it introduced the midsole)

i dont appreciate them more than the other AMs. AM1 & AML is still my favourite but i am very excited that they are coming back because the graphics on the upper from the AM DLX is really a piece of art and you wont see such flashy and colorful design on the AM1, AML and other AMs, thats what i appreciate about them and i really enjoying wearing shoes that stands out and get noticed by other people
AM L is?

AM LTD?
AM Light?
They dont make AM Lights now

I didn’t know AM1 was your favorite. Thought AM 97 AM 95 AM 90 and mainstream was your focus.

Last edited:

You hit it on the head. The shoes’ design and colors make them a head turner and it’s a very unique shoe. When I was in high school I thought I was different and these shoes suited me well in that regard lol For me these are one of the best and last great AM of all time before things went down hill. A classic IMO.

26267654_1744785759163343_8794396746349281280_n.jpg

Air Max Deluxe sample

Hmm... Looks like I may have spoken too soon earlier. The first sample pic appeared to have the translucent underlays found on the soles of the OG. This recent shot looks to be solid orange with the addition of a blue stripe near the front of the sole. I don't mind the blue accent, but I really want to see the translucent soles return, especially on the grasshoppers.

I also like them because they are a perfect still image of a design period, being the early 2000s/late 90s. It was an era where people first tried out to make shoes that don't go with a leather/suede or canvas aesthetic but that were made out of full-on synthetic materials, using the possibilities those have to offer. The Air Max Deluxe, the Presto, the Foamposite (the beginning of this trend) and the Zoom Ultraflight are basically the essential shoes of that time for me.

If you had sneakers that would exemplify current era design ethos those would be the Flyknit Trainers and for Basketball sneakers probably the Kobe 9 or Jordan 31/32

AMDs are easily one of my favorite shoes of all time. Hard to number them because Nike had so many under and on the radar hits during the 98-03 years in particular. The entire Alpha Project era is IMO Nikes greatest run ever. The late 80s through mid 90s surely paved the way, but the late 90s-early 00s is truly when I feel designs were at their absolute artistic (and arguably technological) peak. Designers seemed to have free reign on letting their imaginations go wild, bringing us outlandish, almost alien products that blended organic and synthetic design language seamlessly. From visable forefoot zoom to exo/endo - skeletal support systems to multiple laceless technologies to the wild and crazy graphic prints and gradient fades that adorned so many shoes of the time period.

Back to the AMD specifically though... one interesting thing about these shoes is they were one of the first shoes to attempt to go seamless. Nearly all of the structiral elements are heat welded on as opposed to being stitched. This is a common practice now, but back then it was a very different approach when they first released.

I was just wearing them one day and they got noticeably softer. Felt the bubbles and could tell they let all the air out.

Surprisingly, the midsoles on all my AMDs are still good, except a small chip in one of my pairs of grasshoppers. They still get worn occasionally, but right near the medial edge of the airbag, near the toe where it meets the pu mdsole, there's a small chip.

Those are the ones in my prom pic haha

My bubble popped years ago and I moved on. Hoping to see this CW re-release though.

Besides needing the inevitable first OG cw, I also need the marked pair at the top right..real bad. I don’t remember if they were a foot store exclusive or not but I’d be ecstatic to own that pair again. The grey black/yellow joints. Super grail status. Would double up if given the chance. Really hope they drop this cw for me again. Come on Nike, just do it!

EB94E6F6-3130-45D5-A0B4-2A57546E611E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom