THE OFFICIAL A I R M A X DELUXE THREAD

The OGs fit snug, but with a lot of stretch. The heel counter/ankle area was extremely padded much like the OG 98s. If these are like the OGs tts shouldn't be a problem, but a half size up wont hurt.

I think it's odd Nike is choosing the royal/Orange colorways for launch, as it was the worst selling color upon release.

Airmaxdisciple, if memory serves the royal/green pair in your avy was a woman's release, correct?

The OGs fit snug, but with a lot of stretch. The heel counter/ankle area was extremely padded much like the OG 98s. If these are like the OGs tts shouldn't be a problem, but a half size up wont hurt.

I think it's odd Nike is choosing the royal/Orange colorways for launch, as it was the worst selling color upon release.

Airmaxdisciple, if memory serves the royal/green pair in your avy was a woman's release, correct?

It actually makes total since that they’re releasing royal/orange because it was the first cw to drop along with the women’s royal/green as AMD mentioned. Regardless of how it sold, it’s the main cw of this model. And back then, besides Jordan’s, nothing really sold out instantly. I’d say they sold well back then.

Just in case Nike is lurking...We need these.
5C9379C8-80EC-44E0-9CAD-95090D6E2B14.jpeg

Besides needing the inevitable first OG cw, I also need the marked pair at the top right..real bad. I don’t remember if they were a foot store exclusive or not but I’d be ecstatic to own that pair again. The grey black/yellow joints. Super grail status. Would double up if given the chance. Really hope they drop this cw for me again. Come on Nike, just do it!

EB94E6F6-3130-45D5-A0B4-2A57546E611E.jpeg

Just in case Nike is lurking...We need these.
5C9379C8-80EC-44E0-9CAD-95090D6E2B14.jpeg

I’ll pick a low key colorway to put in my collection

Now I have 97s, will get 98 and Deluxe.

I like that name.
Deluxe ice cream color.
Deluxe polyurethane.

It actually makes total since that they’re releasing royal/orange because it was the first cw to drop along with the women’s royal/green as AMD mentioned. Regardless of how it sold, it’s the main cw of this model. And back then, besides Jordan’s, nothing really sold out instantly. I’d say they sold well back then.

I agree this is likely the most commonly associated colorway with the AMD, but I feel like thats largely because they were shelf warmers that didn't move so there are more DS pairs of these sitting in people's collections and more pics of these ds pairs online than any other colorways. Still, I wouldnt say these sold well. I copped mine in 2001 from final score for roughly $50. These were easily the slowest moving colorway of the AMD.

I see what you're saying though. In retrospective, less popular colorways upon initial release often become the flagship colorways associated with a shoe. Ie: Concord XIs or Neon Zoom GPS.

Concord XI's were a less popular colorway? never heard that before. Ever since i was a youngster, those have been sought after and extremely popular.
Concords were a very polarizing shoe at the time of release. They sold reasonably well but werent the instant hit revisionist history would have people beleive. It wasn't until the black/red XI that people really fell in love and went crazy for the model.

That's debatable. I guess it's different for different regions. In my city, they sold out relatively quick. I can remember because I had my father go all around the city looking for them and he said he couldn't believe he was doing that for some shoes that look like rainboots.

I agree this is likely the most commonly associated colorway with the AMD, but I feel like thats largely because they were shelf warmers that didn't move so there are more DS pairs of these sitting in people's collections and more pics of these ds pairs online than any other colorways. Still, I wouldnt say these sold well. I copped mine in 2001 from final score for roughly $50. These were easily the slowest moving colorway of the AMD.

I see what you're saying though. In retrospective, less popular colorways upon initial release often become the flagship colorways associated with a shoe. Ie: Concord XIs or Neon Zoom GPS.

You have Picture of zoom gps?
I never heard of this sneaker before

Last edited:
only copping if this color retroes
original-nike-air-max-deluxe.jpg

otherwise maybe will cop the rumored CW on a hard discount
These are high on the list but I can't even find a picture of the color way I had it was this design with light gray and blue replacing the red and dark gray accents Anyone else know the color way I'm talking about came out around the same time these did and i believe they were a finish line exclusive

Hmm... I dunno, the ones I posted were a women's colorways. Maybe there was a very similar mens version. Might have to pull out my old pc with a ton of AND pics. There were so many colorways and exclusives, it's almost impossible to keep track nearly 20 years later.

IMG_4757.JPG
Hmm... I dunno, the ones I posted were a women's colorways. Maybe there was a very similar mens version. Might have to pull out my old pc with a ton of AND pics. There were so many colorways and exclusives, it's almost impossible to keep track nearly 20 years later.
Yeah I here you I've been looking for that color way anytime someone brings up the deluxe to no luck best way I could put it is that the color way was similar to this but with the og swirls and a darker blue

Back
Top Bottom