THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's the best price on the 3s in any colorway right now? Nordstrom Rack? I have 3 pair of Vol 2 and love them but the heel is too tight and stiff for my sore achilles. I think the 3 will be a ton better in that respect.

I have a sore achilles also, what are you doing for it?

What's the best price on the 3s in any colorway right now? Nordstrom Rack? I have 3 pair of Vol 2 and love them but the heel is too tight and stiff for my sore achilles. I think the 3 will be a ton better in that respect.

Not sure what your size is, but it seems like StockX for the GR colors tbh. Retailers are still charging around full price or over $100. That Nordstrom Rack link posted had some pretty cheap ones in 3 colorways for about $80.
My size on stockX for a few colors are a bit under ~$100 for some of the GRs.

I actually am having the same problem with my Vol 2 pairs (although I still play in them and love them). I have tried playing with adjusting the lacing system to see if that may help, but I have just mostly resorted to making sure I don’t tie the last lace too tight. It takes some experimenting and it’s really my only gripe with the shoe; it’s either too too tight or too lose when it comes to heel lockdown, there is no happy medium.

M8n
I actually am having the same problem with my Vol 2 pairs (although I still play in them and love them). I have tried playing with adjusting the lacing system to see if that may help, but I have just mostly resorted to making sure I don’t tie the last lace too tight. It takes some experimenting and it’s really my only gripe with the shoe; it’s either too too tight or too lose when it comes to heel lockdown, there is no happy medium.
Thanks for the suggestion. I may try loosening up the laces, but I went ahead and bought the 3s from Nordstrom anyway since I'm also coming off surgery on both achilles so even if I adjusted the lacing I think it'll still be uncomfortable compared to the 3s. After I handled a pair of Vol 3 in store the other day I realized how much more cushy the heel padding is and that's what my feet need right now.

I'm sad though because I feel like I'm in the minority in that I actually really like the look of the vol 2 more than any of the other models.

Last edited:
I have a sore achilles also, what are you doing for it?
Well, I actually had surgery on both achilles to remove a haglunds deformity (bone spur that's growing into my achilles). It's the same surgery John Wall recently had and Mike Conley a couple years ago. Anyway, I'm still recovering from that. But most of my pain is right in the heel at the location of the insertion of the achilles into the bone. So I'm just seeing a physical therapist regularly and doing a ton of stretching every day, and now trying to find shoes that don't aggravate it any more.

I have lockdown issues on Vol 1's and 2's not matter how I lace or how tight I tie them :angry:

The last couple of times that I wore the Vol 2's, I tied them so tight to get them locked down that my arch was hurting so you had to untie them all the way. :rolleyes

I have lockdown issues on Vol 1's and 2's not matter how I lace or how tight I tie them :angry:

The last couple of times that I wore the Vol 2's, I tied them so tight to get them locked down that my arch was hurting so you had to untie them all the way. :rolleyes

That’s crazy...the lockdown is almost too good for me. Have you tried adjusting the lacing system, there are so many options to tying them that it would be impossible to not find one that works for you. Also, did you get your regular size, half size up/down? I got my regular 9.5 and they fit me perfectly fine (both pairs).

That’s crazy...the lockdown is almost too good for me. Have you tried adjusting the lacing system, there are so many options to tying them that it would be impossible to not find one that works for you. Also, did you get your regular size, half size up/down? I got my regular 9.5 and they fit me perfectly fine (both pairs).

I half size does down, sorry I meant heel slippage. Lockdown is good, on both models my heels always slide up in the shoes.

M8n

Thanks for the suggestion. I may try loosening up the laces, but I went ahead and bought the 3s from Nordstrom anyway since I'm also coming off surgery on both achilles so even if I adjusted the lacing I think it'll still be uncomfortable compared to the 3s. After I handled a pair of Vol 3 in store the other day I realized how much more cushy the heel padding is and that's what my feet need right now.

I'm sad though because I feel like I'm in the minority in that I actually really like the look of the vol 2 more than any of the other models.

Man, now you have me thinking I need a pair of Vol 3 as well. I actually pulled my Achilles a few years ago and skipped surgery so I have the same issues (I actually think I have Haglunds as well). Saw the Nordstrom prices and almost bit but just can’t justify when I have two pairs of Vol 2s that still have good Boost life (especially when I swore off all Boost b-ball shoes because of the Rose 6 hardening in the forefoot after a month).

The moment they hit 49.99 like the Vol 2 did I’m copping regardless though....my wife will just have to deal with it lol....

Man, now you have me thinking I need a pair of Vol 3 as well. I actually pulled my Achilles a few years ago and skipped surgery so I have the same issues (I actually think I have Haglunds as well). Saw the Nordstrom prices and almost bit but just can’t justify when I have two pairs of Vol 2s that still have good Boost life (especially when I swore off all Boost b-ball shoes because of the Rose 6 hardening in the forefoot after a month).

The moment they hit 49.99 like the Vol 2 did I’m copping regardless though....my wife will just have to deal with it lol....

Yeah that $76 price tag is very tempting, but like you, I think I'm gonna wait for a larger discount - probably around the time the 4s drop. But I just hope some dope colors will still be available. I'm still hooping in me Crazy Explosive Low 16s :lol:

Yeah that $76 price tag is very tempting, but like you, I think I'm gonna wait for a larger discount - probably around the time the 4s drop. But I just hope some dope colors will still be available. I'm still hooping in me Crazy Explosive Low 16s :lol:

That’s crazy, the Boost is still good In those...??!!

copped a pair of the vol 3s for $45 off Mercari...I love how the heel/back portion is tall, not sure if it gives better lockdown but the vol 3s felt amazing lockdown and court feel wise...also fit better than the vol 2 which was way too restrictive and tight for my liking.

Anyone know if the Iron Man Harden on sale anywhere. Not trying to pay full retail for those

Ah damn, my half size down just disappeared today.
Which CW? The knit-like pairs have a tiny bit of stretch so I recommend sizing down but the leather pairs I'm not sure if they stretch at all. I don't think you can go wrong with TTS, especially if only wearing casually. But I personally prefer half size down and so do others when wearing for hooping.

Which CW? The knit-like pairs have a tiny bit of stretch so I recommend sizing down but the leather pairs I'm not sure if they stretch at all. I don't think you can go wrong with TTS, especially if only wearing casually. But I personally prefer half size down and so do others when wearing for hooping.

I liked the black white. It was probably a good thing my size disappeared since I got too many hoop shoes in rotation :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom