THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Were these posted already? I remember the event was posted, but I don't remember seeing these colors:

camo.PNG

yellow.PNG

red.PNG

rocket.PNG

Yeah

i think the camo one is releasing now, the others later

don’t really like any of the CWs except barbershop and pink lemonades

Here for the reviews of the 4’s as the Harden line has been a great performer.

But greatest anything is always subjective, so let’s just put it as Harden is a great scorer, hell one of the best of his generation. He’s changed rules just like Wilt etc but like Wilt I don’t think he’s gonna be as appreciated til he’s done playing.

Plus his game is one of those shake your head wt..... f it went in, good shot. Him and Curry have changed the game and I’m not sure it that’s good when you go to local rec games, league games, hell youth games and see kids doing step back, euros, launching bombs with no regards for fundamentals lol.

Here for the reviews of the 4’s as the Harden line has been a great performer.

But greatest anything is always subjective, so let’s just put it as Harden is a great scorer, hell one of the best of his generation. He’s changed rules just like Wilt etc but like Wilt I don’t think he’s gonna be as appreciated til he’s done playing.

Plus his game is one of those shake your head wt..... f it went in, good shot. Him and Curry have changed the game and I’m not sure it that’s good when you go to local rec games, league games, hell youth games and see kids doing step back, euros, launching bombs with no regards for fundamentals lol.

I saw a guy in pickup ball last week, had a wide open cherry pick layup, dribble back out, around a defender, and shoot a three. And miss. Not shoe related but still ridiculous.

I saw a guy in pickup ball last week, had a wide open cherry pick layup, dribble back out, around a defender, and shoot a three. And miss. Not shoe related but still ridiculous.

Lmao i hate chery pickers, but that's smart if nobody is running back on D to defend the person.

Bottom line is you can be the greatest scorer, get all the accolades but if you don't win a damn ring it all doesn't mean squat. Some players might be cool with that lol.

Harden is one of few great scorer in this era. If you take away his fishing for foul antics he's still considered one. Now can he win a championship that is to be seen.

I have been watching the NBA since the 80's too. Basketball is the GOAT. I have been watching the Warriors (local team so we watch them the most since that's the broadcast we get) and it's fulfilling to have witnessed some of the greatest scorers we had and they won championships.
Interesting tidbit... The player that got me really excited about basketball was... most would say MJ, but it was.... Reggie Miller :wow: mind blown right? :lol: The Pacers/Knicks Playoffs battle, trash talking with Spike, and 8 points in 9 seconds was legendary.

Back to the shoes :lol:

Bottom line is you can be the greatest scorer, get all the accolades but if you don't win a damn ring it all doesn't mean squat. Some players might be cool with that lol.

Harden is one of few great scorer in this era. If you take away his fishing for foul antics he's still considered one. Now can he win a championship that is to be seen.

I have been watching the NBA since the 80's too. Basketball is the GOAT. I have been watching the Warriors (local team so we watch them the most since that's the broadcast we get) and it's fulfilling to have witnessed some of the greatest scorers we had and they won championships.
Interesting tidbit... The player that got me really excited about basketball was... most would say MJ, but it was.... Reggie Miller :wow: mind blown right? :lol: The Pacers/Knicks Playoffs battle, trash talking with Spike, and 8 points in 9 seconds was legendary.

Is that really the bottom line though? There’s been a lot of great individual accomplishments and Hall of fame careers that have come and gone that never saw the promise land. I’m not attacking you personally, but this idea that a championship is the only thing that matters is kinda wack to me. If and when Houston doesn’t win a title this year, it’ll be less about what Harden does or doesn’t do and more about the fact that they have a 6’9 center (Capella) and a 6’4 power forward (Tucker) and can’t really compete with the size of the other great teams in the west. At the end of the day you still have to have a championship level team, which the Rockets may have had a few years ago but unfortunately they just ran up against a GOAT level team in the Warriors...it happens lol.

Is that really the bottom line though? There’s been a lot of great individual accomplishments and Hall of fame careers that have come and gone that never saw the promise land. I’m not attacking you personally, but this idea that a championship is the only thing that matters is kinda wack to me. If and when Houston doesn’t win a title this year, it’ll be less about what Harden does or doesn’t do and more about the fact that they have a 6’9 center (Capella) and a 6’4 power forward (Tucker) and can’t really compete with the size of the other great teams in the west. At the end of the day you still have to have a championship level team, which the Rockets may have had a few years ago but unfortunately they just ran up against a GOAT level team in the Warriors...it happens lol.

It's a very small percentage I guess. With players getting PAID nowadays most wouldn't care if they ever won a title. Those that left the league without winning a title most definitely have that burning in them lol.
If CP3 didn't get injured in Game 5 of 2018 WCF, they would've won the series against the Warriors, maybe lol (they seem to choke a lot haha).

I did finally agree - he is a great scorer and his defense actually stepped up last year. I too grew up in the 80’s and my favorite team was the Run TMC Warriors (hardaway was close friends with my high school coach from UTEP). I wasn’t a Jordan fan until his second try - I was a mullin, Reggie, admiral, and Dominique fan. I would love to see the rules then/now and the players able to play by each, but nope, so we get together and friendly debate who and how was better.

Harden can’t average 120 points a game, it takes a team to win championships. Unfortunately he’s going up against the Warriors who were one of the best teams ever. Record wise at least.

It’s not like his team sucks and he’s scoring all the points. His team’s good, they just can’t beat the Warriors in the playoffs.

That has nothing to do with his status a great scorer.

If championships are the measurements of a “Great” scorer, then I guess KD wasn’t a “Great” scorer until he got on the Warriors gravy train?

You can take that “boy” **** straight to the trash - you’re from houston, so you know where that is. I’ll guarantee I’ve been a fan of the NBA longer than anyone in this room- don’t make me an expert but I do have a little more knowledge than just casual.

@suchafraud23 grittyman grittyman i will backtrack - by today’s game, Harden is a great scorer. He would probably get buckets in any era based on his size and shot. My main point was he isn’t the greatest scorer ever. I may be influenced by my dislike of his game but I don’t think he is. But to throw away Wilt and what he did is absurd. My point about the titles was he didn’t win as many as he should have, proving he wasn’t playing against bums, not saying titles are everything.

There, I said it - Harden is a great scorer. The Harden Vol.4 is also nicer in hand than in pics, especially the barber shop
color. Grey is still terrible.

Harden’s a great scorer, but his “Drawing” of fouls is what fans and players have an issue with.

Yes other players draw and try to draw fouls but he’s different. He literally smears his arms on defenders to draw a fouls and it’s irritating, those aren’t real fouls.

I’ve literally seen defenders run away from him when he drives to the lane, he then jumps on their backs while they’re running away from him and they called a foul on the defender. I was done!

But that’s on the league and the refs, not him. They shouldn’t call those fouls.

Here’s a breakdown showing just a few ways that Harden tricks his defenders to draw fouls. In the first example, defender should not have his arms out trying to impede the progress of the offensive player. In the second example, defenders are just reaching in like idiots, and in the last example I’m not sure if there’s a proper way to close out on a step back or side step jump shot but that ain’t it. Again, I’m not saying that this part of his game is fun to watch but imo he’s just taking advantage of bad defense. Try your best to stay in front of him, DON’T REACH and if he goes for the step back play the percentages and live with the results.

Did it work at ****’s?
One person a page back said he was able to. I didn't try (I have done it before and they did it) because in case the lace loop breaks I can return to Nike. I got $20 off and have $15 cash back on the order so it not a big price difference. Promotion ends today so give it a shot.

All 3 of those guys are straight up Hypebeast. For them anything that is collab is a “drop”
Stop watching them after they kept being redundant. Also they shouldn’t be a benchmark for opinions on performance basketball sneakers.

I only watch for the guest. If they suck I'm out.

I personally think this (in the right colorway) is one of the best-looking basketball sneakers in recent years

Back
Top Bottom