THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you’re near an Adidas outlet they currently have a 50% off promo this weekend. Saw the green glow in the dark pair for $65 plus tax

Will be looking forward to your update because I am very curious about the longevity. Though I still won’t get the Vol 4 (unless they too cheap too ignore), I would still like to know what they’re like if they did get that low.

The Vol 4s are nice, but I think the Vol 3s are better overall - lighter with better cushioning. Lightstrike is good but boost is better IMO. Now, I have put SB insoles with full length zoom in my Vol 4s and, wow, the cushioning is amazing. A lot more bounce and impact protection without killing the court feel. The shoes really come alive with the added zoom.

Honestly Boost cushioning has made all other cushioning for basketball feel inferior :lol:
If I didn't already have so many basketball kicks in rotation, I'd cop a pair of Harden 3s for the low.

The Vol 4s are nice, but I think the Vol 3s are better overall - lighter with better cushioning. Lightstrike is good but boost is better IMO. Now, I have put SB insoles with full length zoom in my Vol 4s and, wow, the cushioning is amazing. A lot more bounce and impact protection without killing the court feel. The shoes really come alive with the added zoom.

which Nike sb shoes come with flz insoles

Honestly Boost cushioning has made all other cushioning for basketball feel inferior :lol:
If I didn't already have so many basketball kicks in rotation, I'd cop a pair of Harden 3s for the low.

I prefer full length Zoom but I do like Boost.

I’ve tried a couple of the eBay knockoff/bootleg zoom insoles and there is a version that is really close to the ones from my e-cues. The other kind is too thick and unstable for performance shoes...

EBay midsoles with the blue foam have bigger zoom bags. The zoom feels nice but, the insoles are THICK and the foam doesn’t properly support and wrap the bags. They work fine for casual wear (boots, retro Jordans), but not in performance shoes.

Now I remember why I hardly wear these...the cushioning is just basic, nothing really stands out about them. Might wear em a few more times before making a final decision whether or not to move on from this model. I might really been ruined by FLZ and Zoom/Air Max set ups, coming from those these feel like I’m playing in Chucks 😂

1578626025568.png

I like these!

So I just got my Vol 3 in the mail and they remind me a lot of the Kobe ...a couple questions:

Does the heel slip eventually break in? I kind of had it with the Vol 2 as well and it went away, but these are so minimal that it worries me.

Has anyone worn these for a long period of time and notice a difference in the forefoot Boost? These definitely sit lower than the Vol 2 and being older, I need all the impact protection I can get (forefoot especially).

I have the “Sees the game” colorway (active blue). These do not have the “cat tongue” liner or whatever Can anyone else with this colorway confirm because I read that the silver ones and the black/white ones had the cat tongue liner for the heel grip.

So is harden wearing the opposing teams colors throughout the season? Thus far its proved to end poorly for him (Warriors and OKC). I don’t want to assume this is a trend but its a bad look IF he’s trying to troll/be cocky and then disappoints....

JS”

not sure about him doing it vs other teams, but I’m pretty sure this was a nod to his time in OKC

So I just got my Vol 3 in the mail and they remind me a lot of the Kobe ...a couple questions:

Does the heel slip eventually break in? I kind of had it with the Vol 2 as well and it went away, but these are so minimal that it worries me.

Has anyone worn these for a long period of time and notice a difference in the forefoot Boost? These definitely sit lower than the Vol 2 and being older, I need all the impact protection I can get (forefoot especially).

I have the “Sees the game” colorway (active blue). These do not have the “cat tongue” liner or whatever Can anyone else with this colorway confirm because I read that the silver ones and the black/white ones had the cat tongue liner for the heel grip.

- I went TTS and never had heel slip

- I prefer the boost on the 3s over the 1 and 2...low enough but still plenty of protection

- The black/blue is my favorite CW, have two pairs...and no, it unfortunately doesn't have the cat's tongue lining.

It still bothers me that it says "See's the game." :rofl:

- I went TTS and never had heel slip

- I prefer the boost on the 3s over the 1 and 2...low enough but still plenty of protection

- The black/blue is my favorite CW, have two pairs...and no, it unfortunately doesn't have the cat's tongue lining.

It still bothers me that it says "See's the game." :rofl:

Man thank you so much, I have the opportunity to return them but you convinced me to keep them (and yes, the “See’s” is beyond disturbing lol).

Last edited:
So is harden wearing the opposing teams colors throughout the season? Thus far its proved to end poorly for him (Warriors and OKC). I don’t want to assume this is a trend but its a bad look IF he’s trying to troll/be cocky and then disappoints....

JS”

I read on IG that there are pairs planned to be in the colorways of some of the Rockets opponents. I would guess that it will be only for bigger/more marquee games or opponents , so perhaps like a Laker colorway is next when they play in Feb.

As cool/unique as the two were so far, yeah, not a good look for Harden right now. I was at the XMas day game and although it was pretty cool to see a unique colorway for Harden to wear, the actual outcome & performance were not enjoyable for me as a Rockets fan.

Thank the new rule that you can wear any colors. You can wear so much your own team colors. This is good if they release everything he wears though.

Back
Top Bottom