THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Messing around this morning.

482FD034-A67A-4914-B9AD-0A3DF11CEAAD.jpeg
96ABB813-3540-4B86-A0C0-AD1897E0EC45.jpeg

Duke concept

9FD0FE57-A4B2-4C6B-AFAF-8434A2451CD1.jpeg
2A6B5AF3-468E-4130-8F73-000C7CC4FB37.jpeg

Bruce Lee concept

1111B868-DA72-4C20-828A-D5051353CA73.jpeg
EFA3AC80-21CA-483D-A8DD-3DEE73FDD793.jpeg

Just a colorway to match the cool rainbow logo.

Just feel it's not a well crafted shoe for the price. At least it's MSRP. If I paid $160-$180,it would be more devastating.
I had the buckle and the lace LS Vol 2. It was expected with the lace version since the front portion of the upper was a knit, but the buckle version definitely felt way too flimsy. If they put any kind of cushioning at all in the shoe (not talking boost...just the upper), it would have been a lot better.

But to me, this shoe fits him more than the Harden 3 - as far as personality.

Couldn’t agree more. The vol. 3 is just a busy printed sneaker from the graphics standpoint but the model itself is very simple. This fits the mold of a “signature” sneaker.

JS”

Thanks for clarification. I’ll pass on those. More excited about the blue toes...

Tried these on in store as I've seen multiple reviews calling it the shoe of the year. I even saw a review comparing the step-in fit to the Kobe 5s which is probably my favorite fitting ball shoe of all time. That shoe literally became one with my foot while playing. I tried on the Hardens in multiple sizes, going as small as I could and lacing up hard as I would while playing, but there seemed to still be heel slip that seems to plague all Adidas ball shoes for me (CLB16s, Harden vol 2s are in my closet). Did no one else get this heel slip? The heel tab is huge and long but the back of the shoe that actually stays in contact with my heel feels short.

Tried these on in store as I've seen multiple reviews calling it the shoe of the year. I even saw a review comparing the step-in fit to the Kobe 5s which is probably my favorite fitting ball shoe of all time. That shoe literally became one with my foot while playing. I tried on the Hardens in multiple sizes, going as small as I could and lacing up hard as I would while playing, but there seemed to still be heel slip that seems to plague all Adidas ball shoes for me (CLB16s, Harden vol 2s are in my closet). Did no one else get this heel slip? The heel tab is huge and long but the back of the shoe that actually stays in contact with my heel feels short.
Some say go TTS but I went half size down and the heel slip is pretty minimal/non-existent if I lace really well.

I had minor heel slip in the 2’s, but only really noticed it while walking around and not when I played in them (after the break in period of course).

Returned my white/black pair of Vol.3’s and now I’m just waiting for my Drew Leagues to come in later this week. I’ll share my thoughts on em after a few hoop sessions

I love everything about the vol 3s except the cushion. Its just lower and firmer than I prefer. I think i just love the feel of air zoom and full length encapsulated air max.

lower and firmer than which shoe, may i ask?
Well, I personally prefer Jordan XX9 lows and XXXI lows. Those are my favorite shoes to play in from the last couple of years. I've been loading up on those now for pretty cheap lol. My favorite shoe cushion-wise all time is probably the Nike Zoom Ultraflight. The air zoom in those shoes was insane.

I just don't enjoy boost in basketball shoes. It feels dead to me. I also kinda of like shoes that ride a little higher now. Not quite lebron high, but somewhere right below. I run every morning in the Ultraboost STs and the boost feels great on those. Running and aging has definitely changed my cushion preference.

I love everything else about the Vol 3 though. I had the Drew Leagues and the upper feels just like the Jordan XX9s just with different cushion. I'd say they're even more durable than the flyweave. I thought about changing the insole to something softer and bouncier. But, I just bought some more XX9 and XXXI lows for about the same price I paid for the Vol 3s.

Back
Top Bottom