THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I personally prefer Jordan XX9 lows and XXXI lows. Those are my favorite shoes to play in from the last couple of years. I've been loading up on those now for pretty cheap lol. My favorite shoe cushion-wise all time is probably the Nike Zoom Ultraflight. The air zoom in those shoes was insane.

I just don't enjoy boost in basketball shoes. It feels dead to me. I also kinda of like shoes that ride a little higher now. Not quite lebron high, but somewhere right below. I run every morning in the Ultraboost STs and the boost feels great on those. Running and aging has definitely changed my cushion preference.

I love everything else about the Vol 3 though. I had the Drew Leagues and the upper feels just like the Jordan XX9s just with different cushion. I'd say they're even more durable than the flyweave. I thought about changing the insole to something softer and bouncier. But, I just bought some more XX9 and XXXI lows for about the same price I paid for the Vol 3s.

great info, thank you sir!

Chalk it up to a slow burn, nothing is clicking for me.

1 of 1s could release soon.

Well, I personally prefer Jordan XX9 lows and XXXI lows. Those are my favorite shoes to play in from the last couple of years. I've been loading up on those now for pretty cheap lol. My favorite shoe cushion-wise all time is probably the Nike Zoom Ultraflight. The air zoom in those shoes was insane.

I just don't enjoy boost in basketball shoes. It feels dead to me. I also kinda of like shoes that ride a little higher now. Not quite lebron high, but somewhere right below. I run every morning in the Ultraboost STs and the boost feels great on those. Running and aging has definitely changed my cushion preference.

I love everything else about the Vol 3 though. I had the Drew Leagues and the upper feels just like the Jordan XX9s just with different cushion. I'd say they're even more durable than the flyweave. I thought about changing the insole to something softer and bouncier. But, I just bought some more XX9 and XXXI lows for about the same price I paid for the Vol 3s.

Cutting some slits in the stroebel board in the forefoot and heel of the V3s definitely livens up the cushioning. Adding a thicker insole also helps for those wanting a little more impact protection. I did both in one of my pairs and I really love how the shoe plays. Will do it to all of my pairs.

I actually have a pair of those, the triple black colorway. They're not my absolute favorites but they're part of the rotation for sure. They're my recovery day ball shoes lol. jamespatrick jamespatrick

I'm probably going to end up buying the Vol 3s again when the price is too low to pass up or theres a crazy deal on Miaddidas. I'll give the slits in the stroebel board a try then. I thought about putting in a metatarsal pad too. I had to do that with the BYW X. si3n4 si3n4

So my pair came in today...

image.jpg

Now I’m just using these for ball, so it’s not THAT big of a deal but part of me still feels like this is unacceptable. Just send them back for another pair. Glue seems to be wearing out, upper almost separating a bit from the outsole and I haven’t even worn them yet. I know Adidas has a really good return policy but I don’t really like to send shoes back after they’ve been worn.

What do you guys think? If I’m just going to ball in them I feel like they’re gonna get trashed anyway

I actually have a pair of those, the triple black colorway. They're not my absolute favorites but they're part of the rotation for sure. They're my recovery day ball shoes lol. jamespatrick jamespatrick

I'm probably going to end up buying the Vol 3s again when the price is too low to pass up or theres a crazy deal on Miaddidas. I'll give the slits in the stroebel board a try then. I thought about putting in a metatarsal pad too. I had to do that with the BYW X. si3n4 si3n4

was your issue the same with the BYW X? what was it exactly?

So my pair came in today...

image.jpg

Now I’m just using these for ball, so it’s not THAT big of a deal but part of me still feels like this is unacceptable. Just send them back for another pair. Glue seems to be wearing out, upper almost separating a bit from the outsole and I haven’t even worn them yet. I know Adidas has a really good return policy but I don’t really like to send shoes back after they’ve been worn.

What do you guys think? If I’m just going to ball in them I feel like they’re gonna get trashed anyway

I would be a little grumpy too if my new shoes looked like that. Since you've already worn them and you plan to play ball in them, I would suggest you give them some run to see if it gets worse before sending back to adidas. You have 45 days to return them, so you should be able to play in them a few times before you have to do decide if they are going back or not. One risk to waiting is the Drew League colorway may sell out while you're wear testing your current pair.

Does it specify what may be on sale or just saying some clearance items have hit 50 percent? Also, when does it end?

I got the grey/white/black color in San Francisco for that price. Originally paid $106 on the last day of the 30% off deal and then they got marked down 50% the next day and took them back to get the lower price. Definitely a great deal.

D2B7A144-2B3A-4EFA-A4B7-E5604E24C36F.jpeg

My nearest store had these marked down 50%...I had a creator 20% discount which got me down to $61 after taxes....Groupon has a deal on Adidas gc right now...buy one for $35, get a $15 free.

So after the dust settled I paid $46 ($35 Groupon + $11.31difference) for mine. Going all out for a deal, it’s the #NT way!

Not sure, but I’ve seen 40% during BF and 30% off during random weekends so if this one is over and you missed it just be patient...DONT PAY RETAIL lol

Out of curiosity did you ever try the Boost in the Harden Vol 2?

Out of curiosity did you ever try the Boost in the Harden Vol 2?

I attempted to play a game in them but the fit and traction didn't work for me at all. I was in a dusty gym and they were painful. I gave up on them pretty quickly before I can pay attention to the cushioning.

I did try on the Marquee Boost in-store sunday. Those felt pretty soft underfoot.

This is just MY preference though. I like zoom bouncy cushion when I'm playing ball and more stable consistent boost cushioning while I'm running. I probably just realized this last week lol. I purchased some Lebron 16s (bred) and Jordan 18s (OG colorway) over the weekend lol.

was your issue the same with the BYW X? what was it exactly?

I just need more cushion in the forefoot. Those are really low and firm. My friend plays in them and loves them though. He rotates multiple pairs. He's not a very explosive player though and relies on shiftiness. He also really likes the Hardens and Kobe 8s.

Back
Top Bottom