THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Huh?????? Why would they not release these colorways?? Never mind I know why lol

JS”

When asked for comment, Adidas:

62d5e69s-480.jpg

Man the medial side of my Vol 2 left shoe traction is starting to peel already (Lift Off colorway)...and it hasn’t even been a month! I am so upset I have to go through sending them back to Champs and I don’t even know if I have my receipt still. I know they have my purchase history stored so hopefully they can use that but I just want to keep a pair for once without having to keep doing this replacement stuff.

Had no idea the vol 3’s were already on sale in store. Not too close to any malls so I just do online shopping. But thanks all for the heads up

I'm not rolling with the translucent outsole on dusty courts I have to wipe too often. They should've made all of them solid

I'm not rolling with the translucent outsole on dusty courts I have to wipe too often. They should've made all of them solid
I haven't noticed a major difference in grip with the translucent outsole. I do agree I wish they were all solid. That icy sole will be yellow in no time.

I avoided the translucent ones because I worried about traction. TBH the solid color rubber's traction isn't great, it's good enough but it's too thin/narrow and there's not enough space in between the grooves. If you're on a clean court, I bet they're wonderful, but on the semi-dusty/dusty courts us common folk play on, traction is just adequate.

Adidas translucent soles have been very good the last few years. Way better than most Nike translucent soles.

this

i haven't had any issues with translucent soles except for Nike's. but i do spray a cleaner type liquid onto the court before i mop prior to every session so may the soles performs similarly on clean courts.

Adidas translucent soles have been very good the last few years. Way better than most Nike translucent soles.
Even though I said I avoided translucent outsoles on the V3, I will say my Cactus Kid V1s, with translucent outsole, have better grip than my Pioneer V1s with solid colored-rubber outsole.

I avoided the translucent ones because I worried about traction. TBH the solid color rubber's traction isn't great, it's good enough but it's too thin/narrow and there's not enough space in between the grooves. If you're on a clean court, I bet they're wonderful, but on the semi-dusty/dusty courts us common folk play on, traction is just adequate.

yeah, i wish the herringbone was similar to the dame 5.

anyone experience any heel slip? i've only started hooping in these the past couple of days so maybe i just need to keep breaking them in

this

i haven't had any issues with translucent soles except for Nike's. but i do spray a cleaner type liquid onto the court before i mop prior to every session so may the soles performs similarly on clean courts.
link to cleaner? before you mop, so with dust ?

They should've made the traction wider like the kobe 1. Those stick on dusty courts.

To dude above I didn't get heel slip but some reviewers did experience it. It should go away after break in

Vol 2’s seem heavy in hand, but I don’t notice the weight while playing in them.

Side note: I just happened to be playing in my Cali Dreamin pair tonight, and for the first time the Boost felt kinda mushy instead of the firmness that I’m used to. Has anyone else experienced this?

Kind of late but I just got my Lift Off Vol 2 replacements from Champs and played for the first time last night(my outsole was peeling on the lateral side after only 3 weeks of indoor play). They’re firm with give (the way I like it), but my blue/red Stepbacks have mushier Boost. I love the way both feel but I do prefer the firmer one because the mushier feels like it would bottom out, plus the firmer Boost pushes you into your next step quicker and is more “responsive”.

I also wondered if it is because the outsole material is different since the blue/red stepbacks have a marble, thus resulting in it being softer. I’ve noticed that the solid outsoles I have had (which have been all white) are harder, resulting in firmer Boost feeling. Regardless, it has been very difficult to not stock up on a few more pairs of Vol 2 since they’re all 49.99 now. I want at least 2 more pairs but my wife would kill me....

Back
Top Bottom